Let the backpedalling commence

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by RogerMellie
So there's a depth problem at Port? Obviously Tredrea leaves a big gap, but I would've thought potential premiers could cover the loss of the likes of Hardwick, Schofield, Montgomery and James (all good players) against the lowly Fremantle.

Maybe oneday you may understand what a 'TRIAL' game is........:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dreamkillers
Maybe oneday you may understand what a 'TRIAL' game is........:rolleyes:

Simmer down, rubberdub. I'm just confused as to why a game which I'm repeatedly told meant nothing has aroused such ill-feeling towards Connolly and the F.F.C. and has some people scrambling for excuses as to why Port lost.

So there's a depth problem at Port? Obviously Tredrea leaves a big gap, but I would've thought potential premiers could cover the loss of the likes of Hardwick, Schofield, Montgomery and James (all good players) against the lowly Fremantle.

Good depth usually covers 3-4 injuries at a time....not 12-13 injuries at a time.

I dont think Freo are all that lowly either. They'll make the eight this year. If they dont...then you might as well pack your bags and go home because Freo definatly have a top 8 squad this year in my opinion.

Simmer down, rubberdub. I'm just confused as to why a game which I'm repeatedly told meant nothing has aroused such ill-feeling towards Connolly and the F.F.C. and has some people scrambling for excuses as to why Port lost.

if you can't work out why Connolly looks like an idiot obviously you have't read anything about what he did, said and then back-pedalled from.......

we're not scrambling for excuses........we just couldn't care less about winning/losing a trial match which is used to experiment and give youngsters opportunities to show what the can do..........obviously Freo do and good luck to them if they think it's a significant result.........:rolleyes:

If our injury list doesn't improve, it will be a struggle to make the eight let alone win the damn thing.
Wouldn't care if we lost this week. Wizard cup games do have some value I suppose, but the other games are probably nothing but nuisance value. If you weren't forced to play them, some coaches would probably opt not to. At the very least not as many.
However I can see why Freo needs to win as many games as possible, including worthless ones.

O.K. I'll just say this then leave y'all alone. This result could be seen as being significant because it may instill some self-belief in our players, having copped a belting on the field from a very skillful side but coming away with a big win. That's the issue. Not that any Freo coach, player or fan now believes we're on par with or better than Port Adelaide, but that with a bit of old-fashioned spunk, we're capable of a bit more than we've ever shown to date.

O.K. I'll just say this then leave y'all alone. This result could be seen as being significant because it may instill some self-belief in our players, having copped a belting on the field from a very skillful side but coming away with a big win. That's the issue.
And that's fair enough, i'm sure it didn't do any of the Freo players any harm. The little fat kid's behaviour on the night and in the following days hasn't done him or the FFC any favours.

Not that any Freo coach, player or fan now believes we're on par with or better than Port Adelaide,

Obviously don't count good ol' Sabre in that statement.

but that with a bit of old-fashioned spunk, we're capable of a bit more than we've ever shown to date.

Not that hard to show more than what the purple people eaters have shown so far. Also not sure where the good old fashion spunk came into it, was it when CC crack the *****s at the Port officials or the umpires or when he changed his mind after thinking about it for a while? Very spunky!

The FFC won a trial match that had a bit of heat in it, just like teams have done every year since the year dot and it probably didn't change any one of those previous team, so if Freo can take something out of it then good on them, but i fear you are clutching at straws if you think it will change your whole club history around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back