Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe DBJ not there

I hear we are not going to. Club going full steam with the PB campaign so don’t wanna jeopardise that I imagine. Just Indigenous guernsey in a few weeks.

DBJ has been sensational this year.

Ebert delayed concussion issues could suggest that he’s probably gonna hang up boots this year. It’s disturbing and worrying actually. He’s given everything for us!

Yeah its no good at all

In the space of 3 years we picked Marshall, Powell-Pepper, Ladhams, Farrell, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Woodcock, Georgiades - and only 1 of these guys was a top 10 pick. And there's still Bergman, Williams and Mead from last year's draft who all have a good chance of making it.

Incredible job from our recruiters. Almost impossible to think you could get so many picks right in such a short space of time.

In the space of 3 years we picked Marshall, Powell-Pepper, Ladhams, Farrell, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Woodcock, Georgiades - and only 1 of these guys was a top 10 pick. And there's still Bergman, Williams and Mead from last year's draft who all have a good chance of making it.

Incredible job from our recruiters. Almost impossible to think you could get so many picks right in such a short space of time.

The challenge will to keep them all together in future years.

Ommm...

Port Power and mind power: Travis Boak’s transformation

For Travis Boak, Port Adelaide football club’s champion midfielder, 2019 was a year of profound epiphanies.

By including a mental exercise alongside his physical workouts, he began to feel an intense sense of joy and happiness both on and off the field.

His new emotional elixir was the daily practise of gratitude.

“I found an article online about (Richmond footballer) Dusty Martin and how he was using gratitude journals. I was really impressed by how Dusty was talking about how it helped him, so I was interested in giving it a go.” Travis explains.

Travis ordered The Resilience Project’s wellbeing journals mentioned by Dustin.

“At this stage I didn’t know anything about gratitude or mindfulness, and I didn’t meditate. I ordered the journal online and didn’t really understand what it meant”.

Almost went to put 5.8k on Port to make the top 8 at $1.01 and would make $58 in return but then I remembered how 2018 went and I thought "nah * that" and now I'm convinced we won't make finals this year :(

Check out the crowds, Port v Norwood at Norwood

Eexso07VAAAoHw8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m assuming two games were played at Football Park that round?

Glenelg v Sturt on Sunday. That drew 15,061 to a standalone game at headquarters with both teams in finals contention. Glenelg won by 5 points and Sturt were pretty much cooked then.

Bruce Light was huge that season once he regained fitness. I would love to see a player like him playing for Port now in the AFL.

A unique blend of speed, endurance and a smack in the mouth if you looked at a Port player the wrong way. ;)

Today marks the 50th anniversary of my first ever Port game. We played Woodville at Woodville oval the score was Woodville 6-6 Port Adelaide 31-25. A big bloke with broad shoulders called 'Fritzy' kicked 14 goals and became my first favorite player.
Here's hoping for a Port victory today to celebrate the day.
GO PORTS!

Today marks the 50th anniversary of my first ever Port game. We played Woodville at Woodville oval the score was Woodville 6-6 Port Adelaide 31-25. A big bloke with broad shoulders called 'Fritzy' kicked 14 goals and became my first favorite player.
Here's hoping for a Port victory today to celebrate the day.
GO PORTS!

Kinda fitting that we’re playing Richmond, they know a thing or two about violating Peckers.

The Power’s engrossing and mightily impressive win over Richmond on Saturday night could be the line-in-the-sand game that defines this group of players for this year, or even next year, as they enter the premiership contender sweet spot.

Despite being slightly undermanned, Richmond was up for the fight and threw everything at Port for three quarters. Then when the game – and, my goodness, what a game it was – was up for grabs, not only did the Power pull away, they emphatically dismantled the reigning premiers with a menacing fourth-term performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back