Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

They are having one of those years (which they seem to get more than by the law of averages they should) where they get a draw that turns out to be super soft. By the time we get to the showdown they could be 6-1 to our 5-2. Yet swap draws and we'd likely be 7-0 and them 4-3 or 3-4.

I remember before a Showdown the 'Tiser ran a headline (2015) with the headline 'Mind the Gap', the Crows were above us but we'd played all 2014 top 4 teams (Hawks, Freo, Swans and North) for a pretty respectible 2-2 record.

Nothing to base this on, but I just get the feeling that the PB's for Showdowns has been given the green light. They'll make the announcement in the week leading up to the game.

PORT ESCAPE PRISON
traditional PAMFC Magpies guernsey allowed for weekend Showdown

Nothing to base this on, but I just get the feeling that the PB's for Showdowns has been given the green light. They'll make the announcement in the week leading up to the game.

Nothing to base this on, but I think our opportunity to wear them happened last year and it won't be happening again for a while.

Why don’t we use those socks?

I’ve said this before, but should be worn as part of an alternate uniform, versus the likes of Hawthorn, Freo, Brisbane and West Coast away.

• Home guernsey with white collar/cuffs
• White shorts with black trim
• Black & white hooped socks

It’d be more indie than Harrison Ford in the eighties.

I've gotta say, personally, i'm not at all a fan of the hooped socks. Keep it simple. Black.

Agree.

Black and white is obviously more attractive than red and white but one vomit inducing look at the swans hopped socks should be warning enough that this is not something to be messed with.

Agree.

Black and white is obviously more attractive than red and white but one vomit inducing look at the swans hopped socks should be warning enough that this is not something to be messed with.

Massive difference between Where’s Wally and the Wicked Witch, Edward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only place where hooped socks actually work is on Geelong, because they have a hooped jumper.

The same can't be said for Adelaide however. Those colours are an absolute dogs breakfast.
Whats wrong with Richmond and Essendon's hooped socks?

Talking of socks I watched the all the goals video against Carlton last night and discovered that we now wear teal in our socks when we wear the silver jumper. One thick teal hoop with a thin white hoop above and below the teal hoop.

Officially our sock designation is black in the 2021 AFL Record Season Guide.

How do Big Footy graphics gurus handle it? Don't think I have seen a teal hooped sock design.

Although Robbie and Raz didn't get the message as Robbie wore all black socks and Raz black with a white trim at the top. We'll probably get a $100,000 fine from the AFL. <insert sarcasm smiley>

I went back and looked at last year and we wore the silver jumper with the single teal hooped socks against
Rd 3 Freo v Port
Rd 5 Bris v Port
Rd 7 Carl v Port - Robbie had the teal hooped socks on that day of his heroics
Rd 9 Melb v Port
Rd 18 Col v Port

Our away games that we wore black jumpers and black socks were
Rd 1 v GC and Rd 12 v Gee. But in Rd 16 v North it was black jumper and teal hooped socks

Home game against Hawks Rd 13, we wore our white indigenous jumper and wore the teal hooped socks.

All the other games were home games and we wore black jumper with black socks.

According to Mero's footy jumper site we wore the silver in premiership matches for the first time in 2019, but didn't bother checking out those games.

Replay of Charlie kicking his and sides first goal and Georgi kicks his first

1618983408776.png 1618983464323.png

Big Scooter kicking his goal after getting a 50m penalty
1618983513512.png

Robbie kicking his 3rd goal and Raz having a shot in the last quarter but didn't make the distance

1618983657372.png 1618983701038.png

Talking of socks I watched the all the goals video against Carlton last night and discovered that we now wear teal in our socks when we wear the silver jumper. One thick teal hoop with a thin white hoop above and below the teal hoop.

Officially our sock designation is black in the 2021 AFL Record Season Guide.

How do Big Footy graphics gurus handle it? Don't think I have seen a teal hooped sock design.

Although Robbie and Raz didn't get the message as Robbie wore all black socks and Raz black with a white trim at the top. We'll probably get a $100,000 fine from the AFL.

I went back and looked at last year and we wore the silver jumper with the single teal hooped socks against
Rd 3 Freo v Port
Rd 5 Bris v Port
Rd 7 Carl v Port - Robbie had the teal hooped socks on that day of his heroics
Rd 9 Melb v Port
Rd 18 Col v Port

Our away games that we wore black jumpers and black socks were
Rd 1 v GC and Rd 12 v Gee. But in Rd 16 v North it was black jumper and teal hooped socks

Home game against Hawks Rd 13, we wore our white indigenous jumper and wore the teal hooped socks.

All the other games were home games and we wore black jumper with black socks.

According to Mero's footy jumper site we wore the silver in premiership matches for the first time in 2019, but didn't bother checking out those games.

Replay of Charlie kicking his and sides first goal and Georgi kicks his first

View attachment 1108039 View attachment 1108040

Big Scooter kicking his goal after getting a 50m penalty
View attachment 1108041

Robbie kicking his 3rd goal and Raz having a shot in the last quarter but didn't make the distance

View attachment 1108042 View attachment 1108045
They could still be the same socks, just worn differently. Some people are strange with what they do with their socks. I've played with someone who cuts a certain amount off the top. I reckon they are just folded or cut differently.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah the PBs sorry was replying to the Janey post up there, tredders was all matter-of-fact "oh yeah! already printed"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back