Level 2 or level 1

Remove this Banner Ad

redmania

Senior List
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am considering moving from level 2 to level 1 and I am a bit torn. Where have you sat and where do you think offers the best view?

I sit up on level 3 aisle 34 and love it
Perfect view of the game and tons of room

I thought it was weird that it was raining when the roof was closed....must have been you spitting on me!

I've been in 34 on Lev 1 for at least 7 years - i'm staying there this year, but considering moving up higher - since the introduction of the digital signage...i'm starting to find it hard to see the game when it's on the other side of the ground and i'm watching more on the screens. Just getting old and intolerant...lol

dogzrule

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2010
nfa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought it was weird that it was raining when the roof was closed....must have been you spitting on me!

I've been in 34 on Lev 1 for at least 7 years - i'm staying there this year, but considering moving up higher - since the introduction of the digital signage...i'm starting to find it hard to see the game when it's on the other side of the ground and i'm watching more on the screens. Just getting old and intolerant...lol

I sit level one centre wing and have the same issue as you with the signage but have an absolute f- wit sitting next to me sitting on level 1 aisle 36 row S (you know who you are there is only one of you, tall, aggressive and 80’s leather jacket f-wit)

I’m moving to level 2 or 3 I guess you can’t pick who you are seated next to at footy but can pick your friends !

Ok I’m done see you in 2019

Hahahaa

I used to sit in the cheer squad and had to watch the big board most of the time
Just easier being above
Makes watching players gut running more special

Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I sit on Level 1 too and have found the same thing. I like the atmosphere on Level 1 though the view is better on Level 2.

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
I am in A37 Level 1 which I like,the problem I have is the dickhead fans especially Hawthorn and Essendon supporters who stand behind me dont pay jack for the view and shout abuse all the game Why should I pay good cash to pay for my seat and they have the same view and just buy general admin tickets Not right

I sit level one centre wing and have the same issue as you with the signage but have an absolute f- wit sitting next to me sitting on level 1 aisle 36 row S (you know who you are there is only one of you, tall, aggressive and 80’s leather jacket f-wit)

I’m moving to level 2 or 3 I guess you can’t pick who you are seated next to at footy but can pick your friends !

Ok I’m done see you in 2019

Move next me...I promise i'm not a *******....lol. there was a spare seat last year as my sister gave up her seat. I think Dad might be giving up his this year as he doesn't travel for the footy anymore from country Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Level 1, front row, centre wing. Absolutely brilliant when the ball is on that wing...binoculars required when it’s anywhere else. We’ve loved it but we’re moving to Level 2 next year.

I wandered down to that spot for the North game. Interesting scene.

Its close to the social club and a great spot to watch game. However its downside is that you don't get to chose with whom you're watching it with with. Its also the only place that Ive genuinely feared for my safety. Of course it was a game against the Saints.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Level 1 is only good if you're up against the fence in my opinion, feel close to the players, or around the cheer squad for atmosphere. But cannot see the build up of play and what's happening as well compared to Level 2 and 3. Particularly when people on the ground level are abusing this and that player for what the perceive, but when you're higher you can see everything that goes right and wrong. Level 2 is a good level, but feels a bit too crowded and snobbish. Level 3 is a little bit far at times, but feels much more open and relaxed.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep, Im level 1 wing, city side and another one that can’t see s*** now over the other half of the ground with them digital signs when it’s on the other wing (is it just me or does the ball seem to be on that other side a lot more too?). Area is pretty good atmosphere wise although the oddest of odd couple friends who sit a few rows behind me where one of them sounds like Tony Soprano (he puts it on a little) and the man next to him sounds like Elmo when he gets animated (I think he’s a little slow). That whole act is starting to get pretty tiresome.

Might make a move to level 2, I’ve sat there 3-4 times. View is much better although it wasn’t anywhere near as bad on level 1 before them signs.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Our seats are level 1 and have been since we moved to Etihad, but I like it when we have an “away” game at Etihad and I can sit up on Level 2 or 3.

Don’t get people who insist on being on level 1 whenever they go to the footy as though being close to the fence matters.

Give me Level 2 or 3 at Etihad or the MCG and a good view of the ground any time.

I am in A37 Level 1 which I like,the problem I have is the dickhead fans especially Hawthorn and Essendon supporters who stand behind me dont pay jack for the view and shout abuse all the game Why should I pay good cash to pay for my seat and they have the same view and just buy general admin tickets Not right
My seat in Aisle 35 Row C will be available next year. I will most likely not be able to go to any matches next year because of my health. I was only able to go to one this season.

I guess you won't be seeing my Chicago Cubs World Series Champions 2016 cap anymore. ;) It's too difficult for me to get to Etihad by public transport using the walker I need now. Talk about getting old... :(

My seat in Aisle 35 Row C will be available next year. I will most likely not be able to go to any matches next year because of my health. I was only able to go to one this season.

I guess you won't be seeing my Chicago Cubs World Series Champions 2016 cap anymore. ;) It's too difficult for me to get to Etihad by public transport using the walker I need now. Talk about getting old... :(
Sorry to hear that mate. Stay in touch.
Best wishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back