News Liam Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quits a lucrative professional sporting career over a very safe vaccine. What a complete moron
He's certainly a moron if he's done it because of rabbit hole type anti-vaxx reasons.

But we don't know that that is the reason at this stage.

Lol good call throwing a lucrative career away. I hear he is starting a podcast called the Liam Jones Experience

Many workplaces have vaccine mandates. It’s going to be a difficult few years for you Liam (hopefully).
he can get a job at any work places under a federal govt durastriction
as in australia post or the armed forces or federal police
if they are based in victoria

Not a positive post, so sorry to any Carlton fan who cries over hearing any one with a different opinion, but always thought he was overrated. Great one on one player when the ball was kicked on top of his head, but he just loved getting caught between the ball carrier and his opponent. One of the worst modern team defenders I’ve ever seen play. Had to always laugh when Carlton fans thought he was All-Australian worthy. One of the main reasons why Carlton have had some of the worst defences in the league in the past few years.

Football skill aside, what a dick head LOL. Good luck getting another job without being vaccinated.

Some people seem shocked by this, but not me. I remember an ex Bulldog's player telling me about a plane trip to Perth for a game against Fremantle. Said player was seated against the window and Liam Jones had the seat next to him in the middle. About 25 minutes into the flight, Jones tapped him on the arm, pointed out the window and said "how can anyone believe thats not flat"

he can get a job at any work places under a federal govt durastriction
as in australia post or the armed forces or federal police
if they are based in victoria
This is right up there with an “escape goat”.

There's a pretty strong argument that sometime between now and September every state will be at 95% vaccinated, hospitals will have weathered the worst of the storm, interstate and overseas travel will be common place, booster shots will be given and a decent proportion of the unvaccinated will also have acquired immunity the old fashioned way.

If not by September 2022 then at least by Feb 2023.

At that stage the health benefits for holding unvaccinated people away from the rest of us become negligible.

The question is can Jones be welcomed back mid season or closing in on 32 after a year off due to a personal choice?
So after everyone else does their bit to come out of the pandemic and he does bugger all, he gets to waltz back in? I get that at some point this will become endemic and a few holdouts won’t pose a problem, so there will be no need for restrictions. But I’m hardly going to bend over backwards to bring that date forward to help people who actively hindered our efforts.

What an absolute chowderhead. How stupid do you have to be to throw away a lucrative career because you think you know more than everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please explain.
Thought it's pretty self explanatory.

Sure he's a young, fit, healthy, 30 year old and if he gets COVID he's got a good chance of surviving.

But what about others in the community who are immuno-compromised or can't be vaccinated, such as the elderly, young, sick etc?

Vaccination against COVID19 is shown to reduce transmission rates, within households anywhere around 95%+ reduction.

Not a positive post, so sorry to any Carlton fan who cries over hearing any one with a different opinion, but always thought he was overrated. Great one on one player when the ball was kicked on top of his head, but he just loved getting caught between the ball carrier and his opponent. One of the worst modern team defenders I’ve ever seen play. Had to always laugh when Carlton fans thought he was All-Australian worthy. One of the main reasons why Carlton have had some of the worst defences in the league in the past few years.

Football skill aside, what a dick head LOL. Good luck getting another job without being vaccinated.

To be fair the hole Carlton back half has this problem

However you are right he did get caught in no mans land often

No one should be forced to do anything they choose not to. It's going to cost him his career but thats his choice. He's probably only got a year left anyway. If he was a recent draftee you'd hope someone would sit him down and talk to him but he's a 31 y.o man with a year or two to go.

He's only got a year left so it doesn't really matter. If he was younger we'd try harder.

People in old age homes only have a year or so left so it doesn't really matter. If they were younger, we'd try harder.

Thought it's pretty self explanatory.

Sure he's a young, fit, healthy, 30 year old and if he gets COVID he's got a good chance of surviving.

But what about others in the community who are immuno-compromised or can't be vaccinated, such as the elderly, young, sick etc?

Vaccination against COVID19 is shown to reduce transmission rates, within households anywhere around 95%+ reduction.

He might actually be protecting himself by quitting football as elite athletes are more susceptible to illnesses like colds and flu. Extream fitness has a negative impact on your immune system.

If you won’t get a vaccine the next best thing for him would be to stop training.

You may laugh but he was one of my favourite Carlton players. The resilience and perseverance he showed to re-ignite his career when he was on the brink of being de-listed really endeared him to me. Now, though? He's back to being the punchline of countless jokes. What an absolutely selfish way to treat your family, teammates, supporters, medical workers and society at large. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back