Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
It used to be his signature move, tearing straight through the middle of the ground before using his sublime footskills - but it disappeared for a few years, in favour of his new signature move: 'unselfish handball to a far less talented player'.

Until last night.

It was so good to see him play like that. I'd forgotten just how fast that kid is - he absolutely destroyed Banfield when he was being pursued by him. In his first half, he had only 8 posessions. 7 of them were inside 50s. And I wouldn't be surprised if all of them led to a goal. He had 13 ****ing running bounces. 13.

Welcome back, Brett Deledio.

he was really good last night, i think he is in all australian form. he narrowly missed out last year.

but yeah his run and carry was a joy to behold.

according to the herald sun he had 720 'metres gained' next best was martin with 500 odd.

great stuff from one of our best players and i believe is is underrated in this competition. very damaging player

agree doesnt get the kudos from the footy public he deserves! absolute gun!! cant wait till our half back line is good enough to get the boy back in the circle!!!

Looks like he was either license to run it last night
Hard to know if him curtailing this aspect of his game is more to do with instruction or just that he's working hard on the defensive aspect of his game

Didnt think he was playing any different to other seasons. Has always been hit and miss but his bad games are still full of quality possessions. Will get more consistent as our team gets better hopefully.

It used to be his signature move, tearing straight through the middle of the ground before using his sublime footskills - but it disappeared for a few years, in favour of his new signature move: 'unselfish handball to a far less talented player'.

In fairness to Deledio, the "far less talented" includes just about everyone! :)

He won't get all-australian this year. He was close last year but Hodge nudged him out.
If he is consistent and get about 25+ possies then he'd definitely be all-australian.
Just gotta love him thought. When i get back, and if he comes near me i'm gonna tell him to sign everything i've got.

He won't get all-australian this year. He was close last year but Hodge nudged him out.
If he is consistent and get about 25+ possies then he'd definitely be all-australian.
Just gotta love him thought. When i get back, and if he comes near me i'm gonna tell him to sign everything i've got.

Has he made AA yet? I thought he did last year..wow..that's a shame. I thought he'd had a couple by now

also, 14 kicks 5 handballs is his best k:h ratio this season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he made last 40 AA last year, but didn't make final squad.

Was at his absolute best last night. I think he was the sole cause of Banfield pulling a hammy! :)

Absolutely one of the most devastating players in the game when he runs the lines and kicks 50 meter pin point passes. 20 possies like that are far more effective then any of his 30 possesion games! Just wish he nailed that first shot on goal in the last!

He and Vicks were the two best players on the ground for us IMO

Currently averaging 25.5 disposals per game. Good enough then.

Not always about the numbers but what he does with the ball. Down on disposals Sat night but all class when he did use it.

Id say with Richmonds rise he will get a gig in the AA this year, far easier for the selectors to give him a gig on the back flank than say Cotchin in the guts when there are so many good quality mids going round. Still reckon Cotch could sneek in on the bench if he continues to improve in the last half of the year.

Lids has the best disposal in the whole club. I wouldn't care if he only got 15 disposals a game as long as 12+ of them were kicks inside 50. I love when he kicks long. More please.

hey can Lids kick on both feet? I could have sworn he was a left footer but saw him boost a goal from 50 on his right foot the other night.

just curious, clearly my memory is rubbish and he's probably always been a right foot kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back