Anyone else feel like theyre mourning a death?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
  • Retirements of Trent and Jack
  • Hardwick getting announced soon looming like a dark cloud.
  • Vultures circling Dusty
  • All coaching candidates dropping out like flies.
  • On field shimozzle
  • No draft picks to get excited about

It's pretty grim, any light at the end of the tunnel for us here?

2023 has become an absolute abhorrent season.

We have had a great run and can look back with pride, we all knew change was coming, and its here.
We will never forget what the club has achieved, but its time for all of us unite and embrace the changing of the guard.
I cannot wait to see what the future brings, what a new coach and coaching group does to the playing group and which of our young players surprise on the upside.
We have been blessed.
Go the Mighty Richmond Football Club!!

Yes, am in tears just thinking about how Jack and Cotch epitomise everything that is yellow and black. The absolute heart and soul of Richmond. Once in a lifetime players.
I just appreciate we had these guys in our lifetime. I'll be more happy than sad as we achieved what so many other supporters can only dream of.

• Retirements of Trent and Jack
  • Hardwick getting announced soon looming like a dark cloud.
  • Vultures circling Dusty
  • All coaching candidates dropping out like flies.
  • On field shimozzle
  • No draft picks to get excited about

It's pretty grim, any light at the end of the tunnel for us here?

2023 has become an absolute abhorrent season.

Meh, 74 - 80 - 17 - 19 - 20

I don't care.

The night they drove old Dixie down
And the bells were ringing
The night they drove old Dixie down
And the people were singing
They went, "La, la, la"

By May the tenth, Richmond had fell
It's a time I remember, oh so well

Halfway through the year of 2023...
Dimma had left and things were not going well...
It's a time I remember, oh so well
Then our Captain upt and went and the side looked so tired and spent...
The night they drove old Dixie down, "La, la. la"
Then JR8 our sharp shooter decided he'd leave the Richmond tent...
"La, la, la"
The night they drove old Dixie down...

Meh, 74 - 80 - 17 - 19 - 20

I don't care.
Yeh, I can identify, but this Dynasty died a while back. (In Perth in 21, was the moment when the Coolade wore off)

I will be there on the weekend to say Goodbye to Cotch and JR8, but probably just as a service to my older self that will want to look back in years to come

But me right now, is sick of worshipping like gods ex premiership players that have been sub standard for the best part of three years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, I can identify, but this Dynasty died a while back. (In Perth in 21, was the moment when the Coolade wore off)

I will be there on the weekend to say Goodbye to Cotch and JR8, but probably just as a service to my older self that will want to look back in years to come

But me right now, is sick of worshipping like gods ex premiership players that have been sub standard for the best part of three years.

Understand but eff mate i waited most of my life to see the '17 win and the AFL cheated us out of the '18 GF after being first and winning the first week, i am pretty sure we will be back sooner than you are catastrophising.

They gave us 3 flags.

Blessed Tigers.

A day of reflection and celebration.

I truly believe this club will never go into that long abyss of no premierships again.

The next chapter begins.

end of an era, but we're not going anywhere - time we will see us back up there. hopefully this time it wont take 30years!

That's it mate.
It's pretty much a given we'll go backwards for a bit as the new blood find their feet and the old guard fade or bow out, but as long as there is light at the end of the tunnel and we see progress and don't have to wait 37 years again, I'll be fine.

Talking to my mum, who is a huge Tigers fan, the other day, she was saying just how lucky she was to get 2017-2020 in.
She was a regular - like every week - in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s until health caught up - and was saying how in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, you just took it as gospel that we were going to be good.
She considers herself blessed.

end of an era, but we're not going anywhere - time we will see us back up there. hopefully this time it wont take 30years!
umps wont let us win again for 40 years

They gave us 3 flags.

Blessed Tigers.

I truly believe this club will never go into that long abyss of no premierships again.

The next chapter begins.

Stupid effin PM never gave us Tigers supporters a public holiday for winning a game of footy.

That's it mate.
It's pretty much a given we'll go backwards for a bit as the new blood find their feet and the old guard fade or bow out, but as long as there is light at the end of the tunnel and we see progress and don't have to wait 37 years again, I'll be fine.

Talking to my mum, who is a huge Tigers fan, the other day, she was saying just how lucky she was to get 2017-2020 in.
She was a regular - like every week - in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s until health caught up - and was saying how in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, you just took it as gospel that we were going to be good.
She considers herself blessed.

My father RIP was so sick of the Tigers winning so much he decided before the '82 GF he would change to the Demons, i still blame him for jinxing us until two weeks before the 2017 season i visited his grave and burnt a letter telling him i forgave him.

Magic.

Stupid effin PM never gave us Tigers supporters a public holiday for winning a game of footy.
Still annoyed that after 2020 GF we didn’t get the chance to celebrate at Puntroad, due to covid lockdown lol. They owe us.

My father RIP was so sick of the Tigers winning so much he decided before the '82 GF he would change to the Demons, i still blame him for jinxing us until two weeks before the 2017 season i visited his grave and burnt a letter telling him i forgave him.

Magic.

Mind you, it sound like he also jinxed Melbourne.

They gave us 3 flags.

Blessed Tigers.

The next chapter begins.
to put it into an analogy

we've had our piece of cake but we've been trying to savour it but its now gone mouldy before we could really enjoy it and now we fear when we will get our next bit of cake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back