Coach Lions - Has the Fagan era already peaked?

Remove this Banner Ad

And then we got thrashed the week after to Geelong at the same ground 🤡
Who cares. Don't tell me you didn't savour that 2022 finals series.

Got a narrow Elim final win vs Richmond. Then a narrow semi final vs demons at the MCG.

It was better than your 2021 finals games.

By who?
Seems he got some good PR from channel 7.

Always strikes me as a total dickhead at press conferences.

Grumpy, crotchety, angry and not very bright.
By most I would imagine. I don't think he is a good enough coach to get what we need out of this group, but prior to the Hawthorn drama I wouldn't think he had too many set against him in terms of his character and behavior. I'm inclined to think there is a personal connection here that you won't disclose. Anyway, It doesn't really matter I guess, we all form our opinions of people and often they are completely different.

Their midfield can really get exposed. Hawthorn have deliberately been recruiting big bodies mids. They are all 6ft'2+ and apart from Dunkley & Berry (NEAFL standard player), you can out-muscle them.

And there’s more of them.
Tigers 2017 were 1-5 interstate
Any No vic team has that win ratio chances are they’re not playing finals
Richmond we’re actually 4-2 interstate in 2017.

They lost to Adelaide and GWS away and beat Fremantle, Port, GC and Brisbane away.

Or is that #V#VICBIAS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it before say it again absolute frauds on the big stage
Will get exposed come finals time nothing surer.
Elixuh thoughts?

As I said, the MCG was just too good yesterday. Credit to it.

I do like that your definition of the big stage is against 16th on the ladder at 145pm on a Saturday. Is that the Freo definition of big stage? When ya'll win a flag you'll realise there are bigger stages out there!

As I said, the MCG was just too good yesterday. Credit to it.

I do like that your definition of the big stage is against 16th on the ladder at 145pm on a Saturday. Is that the Freo definition of big stage? When ya'll win a flag you'll realise there are bigger stages out there!
Ah yes the old deflect back to freo , unfortunately this thread has nothing to do with my team and everything to do with the leagues no 1 flat track bullies

And yes That’s right it’s not even a true big stage tho for the perennial pretenders that is this current Brisbane side that’s loaded up heavily for the now ,even hawthorn at the G is still too big an ask it seems even tho everyone knows hawthorn aren’t too concerned whether they win or lose atm

Reckon your captains response here sums up this current Brisbane outfit perfectly…

It’s the kinda response I’d expect from a teenager playing backyard footy not an AFL captain of one the leagues supposed favourites for the flag

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence.

Brisbane and Gold Coast have the worst records in Victoria.
West Coast and Fremantle have the worst records in NSW.

It's difficult for QLD teams to win in Victoria because they're used to playing/training on harder grounds which lead to faster and more uncontested games, compared to Victorian teams that are used to playing/training on softer grounds which lead to slower and more contested games.

Ah yes the old deflect back to freo , unfortunately this thread has nothing to do with my team and everything to do with the leagues no 1 flat track bullies

And yes That’s right it’s not even a true big stage tho for the perennial pretenders that is this current Brisbane side that’s loaded up heavily for the now ,even hawthorn at the G is still too big an ask it seems even tho everyone knows hawthorn aren’t too concerned whether they win or lose atm

Reckon your captains response here sums up this current Brisbane outfit perfectly…

It’s the kinda response I’d expect from a teenager playing backyard footy not an AFL captain of one the leagues supposed favourites for the flag

:$

You're forcing the point too much which is tripping you up. You've got to let it come naturally.

Here you go, Lachie. Every non-Vic team's MCG record in the last 10 games they've played there:

Sydney 5-5 (wins against Melbourne 2019, Richmond 2021, Essendon 2021, Melbourne 2022, Melbourne 2022)

Fremantle 4-6 (wins against Richmond 2017, Collingwood 2019, Melbourne 2022, Melbourne 2023)
Port Adelaide 4-6 (wins against Melbourne 2019, Carlton 2021, Collingwood 2021, Richmond 2023)
West Coast 4-6 (wins against Collingwood 2018, Collingwood 2019, Hawthorn 2019, Hawthorn 2021)

Adelaide 3-6-1 (wins against Carlton 2016, Hawthorn 2017, Carlton 2017, draw with Collingwood 2017)
Gold Coast 3-7 (wins against Melbourne 2014, Hawthorn 2017, Collingwood 2021)
GWS 3-7 (wins against Collingwood 2019, Collingwood 2021, Melbourne 2021)

Brisbane 1-9 (only win against Melbourne in 2022)

Here you go, Lachie. Every non-Vic team's MCG record in the last 10 games they've played there:

Sydney 5-5 (wins against Melbourne 2019, Richmond 2021, Essendon 2021, Melbourne 2022, Melbourne 2022)

Fremantle 4-6 (wins against Richmond 2017, Collingwood 2019, Melbourne 2022, Melbourne 2023)
Port Adelaide 4-6 (wins against Melbourne 2019, Carlton 2021, Collingwood 2021, Richmond 2023)
West Coast 4-6 (wins against Collingwood 2018, Collingwood 2019, Hawthorn 2019, Hawthorn 2021)

Adelaide 3-6-1 (wins against Carlton 2016, Hawthorn 2017, Carlton 2017, draw with Collingwood 2017)

Yep it’s the worst record in the league and coming from a supposed contender looks twice as bad.

It’s what made neales comment so pathetic and childish- the fact that despite an obvious deflection (a good captain would’ve owned it) it only further reiterated the point! 😂

It’s the kinda response I’d expect from a teenager playing backyard footy not an AFL captain of one the leagues supposed favourites for the flagHere you go, Lachie. Every non-Vic team's MCG record in the last 10 games they've played there:

Don’t forget Port 9 in a row at Marvel too 😛

By most I would imagine. I don't think he is a good enough coach to get what we need out of this group, but prior to the Hawthorn drama I wouldn't think he had too many set against him in terms of his character and behavior. I'm inclined to think there is a personal connection here that you won't disclose. Anyway, It doesn't really matter I guess, we all form our opinions of people and often they are completely different.
I have always disliked him, seems to have the Lions playing a very simplistic 90’s style game plan and has about as much character/ personality as a cardboard box.
Then his response to the hawks racism scandal has been poor, head in the sand, lawyered up denial approach.
Brisbane should dump him asap and get a younger coach without the baggage.
Watched lions v crows and they were terrible, should have won in a landslide, Fagan didn’t change a thing. Just froze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back