List Changes Announced ** KEEP IT HERE PLEASE **

Remove this Banner Ad

What evidence is there these guys are ready to make the step to senior players. They struggled to get senior games last year mainly due to the likes of Skipper, Peterson and Hooper being in the squad. Saying they will be pushing for senior or depth player status now that these players are not in their way is a bit optomistic . I hope we do alright in the draft.

Most of the guys were pushing for spots and were in the emergencies especially Lisle, Shiels and Savage

Breust!!!!! Realisitcally as keen as he will be he is hardly going to fill in as a Hooper, Peterson, Moss, Stokes, Morton aor Brown.
Are you being serious? Why should he? He is his own person. He will contribute in his own way and will not be measure against any former Hawk player.

Are you being serious? Why should he? He is his own person. He will contribute in his own way and will not be measure against any former Hawk player.

The question submitted was who will play the role as the forward in the role Hooper Peterson, Brown etc... Suggesting Breust - somoenoe who hasn't played a senior game is the worry. He will be his own person no doubt but on what time frame. If he was good enough he would have played this year. We need a player to play that forward role game 1 2011.

The question submitted was who will play the role as the forward in the role Hooper Peterson, Brown etc... Suggesting Breust - somoenoe who hasn't played a senior game is the worry. He will be his own person no doubt but on what time frame. If he was good enough he would have played this year. We need a player to play that forward role game 1 2011.
Surely he's ready to go in 2011. He played pre-season this year and looked alright. If anything this year, having Hooper restricted his opportunity to get a game. He had a great year at Box Hill, so I think we'll see a step up for Luke.

Very surprised about Skipper. If Hale or Renouf go down next year, and we find ourselves with ruck personel problems next year, then Clarkson should be sacked. Hopefully this is a sign that Grimley and Lowden will be given more opportunities ?

Very saddened with Dowler, but not unexpected. Never given a real chance under Clarkson and would have been a much better player if afforded the same opportunities and faith as someone like Murphy.

McGlynn walked. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this?

To answer your question, yeah I rate Stephen Gilham. I rate all our players, because I trust the club to do something I can't, and that is have the intelligence to choose the best side they can. I respect Pelchen for what he does, because I know he's doing the best job he can do. I will not criticise someone when I have no idea how to do his job, just as I'd not like it to be done to me.

Didn't McGlynn and Kennedy walk because of a lack of opportunity and 1 year contracts? So not much of an option then aye?

Having said that, picking up Stratton more than makes up for it.

You are an absolute muppet mate, Hooper Peterson and brown are hardly superstars, your speaking as if mark lecras has to be the 1 taking their spot. Have you watched any VFL games this year? Because if you did you would realise that Breust, Lisle, Savage and Shiels all deserved to get games but didn't due to (imo) poor selection. All 4 are more than capable of playing games next year and ALL have talent, you just haven't seen it.

The only one I'm really dissapointed in is Muston, I think the kid has real promise, hopefully he gets an oppertunity elsewhere.

And if Skipper has got a contract at another club than good luck to him, if he had of stayed with us he would have gone from being the number two ruck to a depth ruck playing at bh.

Having seen Beau Muston at the PCM he looked very disappointed know I now why. It is a shame as he seems a nice bloke. However I think he had one knee injury too many.

Very disapointed that Skipper and Muston got delisted, just hope it doesn't come and bite us in the toosh if we start the year of with injuries again.
Looks like the Club has high hopes for Bailey, I know one thing for sure though the Club does mean busines for next year and delisting all these players will hopefully kick this great club back into gear...

McGlynn walked. Why is it so difficult for you to understand this?

To answer your question, yeah I rate Stephen Gilham. I rate all our players, because I trust the club to do something I can't, and that is have the intelligence to choose the best side they can. I respect Pelchen for what he does, because I know he's doing the best job he can do. I will not criticise someone when I have no idea how to do his job, just as I'd not like it to be done to me.

Great post.:thumbsu:

The club knows far more than any of us arm-chair critics. Every single one of these delistings was for a good reason.

Sure, we have made some mistakes in drafting, but with the benefit of hindsight, find me one club who hasn't made mistakes.

The club would have weighed up each player and compared him to whoever we might be able to draft in his place. They would balance who was more likely to be of greater benefit to the club and made their decisions accordingly.

To all you tossers who threaten to cancel your membership just because the club made a decision you disagree with, where were you two years ago when we celebrated a Premiership? How quickly we forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Bailey lives up to the hype and can walk on water.

Really disappointed for Skipper, but I suppose with the recruitment of Hale and the new interchange rule, the writing was on the wall. Still a bit shocked though, I really liked him as a player.

They wanted to leave. Simple as that.

K3 was probably fourth in line in terms of being another slow midfielder. Trade one of our Premiership mids for a KPD or speed and our list looks better. K3 was and is marginal with us so is not a great loss.

BMac was offered a 1 year contract. Why? We did not have a heap of mids coming through. He provided run in a sluggish side we should have worked harder to keep him. In terms of upcoming mids we have Shiels. That is it.

Is anyone really surprised by the delistings? We never had the depth and we should have protected our list.

K3 was probably fourth in line in terms of being another slow midfielder. Trade one of our Premiership mids for a KPD or speed and our list looks better. K3 was and is marginal with us so is not a great loss.

BMac was offered a 1 year contract. Why? We did not have a heap of mids coming through. He provided run in a sluggish side we should have worked harder to keep him. In terms of upcoming mids we have Shiels. That is it.

Is anyone really surprised by the delistings? We never had the depth and we should have protected our list.

Kennedy was sydneys best player in the finals and I think he came third in their B&F. Sydney won a final - unlike us.

He would prob get more now that Sewell at the trade table. We could have traded Sewell for plenty a year ago.

IF you really think Kennedy is marginal, then I think you are just a bit too optimistic and not very realistic.

Its not really depth if its a) not afl quality or b) not ever going to get to afl standard.

Im very surprised morton and suckling appear to have got another year. I'm not sure what morton offers over muston - if you were keeping one I'd keep muston as has more upside. After 4 years on our list suckling has yet to play a game at afl standard. Both appear coaches favorites.

We could have easily delisted morton, suckling and ladson and it would have hardly affected our season next year.

Its not really depth if its a) not afl quality or b) not ever going to get to afl standard.

Im very surprised morton and suckling appear to have got another year. I'm not sure what morton offers over muston - if you were keeping one I'd keep muston as has more upside. After 4 years on our list suckling has yet to play a game at afl standard. Both appear coaches favorites.

We could have easily delisted morton, suckling and ladson and it would have hardly affected our season next year.

Need to keep some on the list to get rid of next year...

Did i read right? Did Morton get a year contract and showed nothing yet Skipper gets delisted and showed everything???

From what I've heard, Skipp has asked to be let go as another club wants to pick him up and use him more than we would have (would have been 3rd or 4th in line this year).

As for Morton, by all reports he played some fairly decent footy in the backline for Box Hill this year, and with his height and endurance, could still yet prove to be useful.

Forgot to say, I reckon Suckers is VERY lucky.

More upside, I wouldn't think so, Muston has a turning circle of a truck all his mobility was lost when he did his knees, Physically Morton has more of an upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back