List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman seems like exactly the sort of solid unspectacular player you wouldn't want to give up good draft picks for but who can come in via FA and be your 15th best player and make you a little bit better. If he comes in for nothing but cap space and takes the spot of someone like Travis Boak's corpse or Concrete Hands Jones, it's a win.

I think we will get iaaac cumming and play him on the wing. Im not a big fan but it seems something likely to happen. (Bonner is a free agent at the end of the year!)
Bonner is not a free agent. Must be 7 years at that club. He’s not a free agent until 2031.

Bonner is not a free agent. Must be 7 years at that club. He’s not a free agent until 2031.
Because he had previously been delisted by a club Bonner is now considered an unrestricted free agent every time he comes out of contact. The same was true of Dylan Williams last year.

Last edited:
Footy’s new ruck rule has claimed its first victim with clubs fearing the age of drafting beanpole 200cm-plus ruckmen is over.

Hawthorn’s Ned Reeves was dropped by the Hawks after two games as ruckmen were allowed to cross the centre square line and block their opponent with a straight arm.
The rule was brought in to simplify the decision-making process for umpires given confusion about what was allowed in a ruck contest.
But the unforeseen consequence has been reducing the centre bounce and around-the-ground ruck throw-ups to wrestling contests.
In previous years the rules rewarded athletic ruckmen who jumped at the ball like Nic Naitanui.
Reeves helped propel the Hawks to the No. 1 centre square side in football last year as a pure leaping tap ruckman who at 210cm had a reach advantage on some rivals.
The new rule allows rucks to block with their arm as long as they are contesting the ball, and now advantages heavier ruckmen who can ground their rival and turn the contest into a push-and-shove.
One senior coach said on Monday their club could not afford to draft thin jumping ruckmen any more when the actual hitout had proved obsolete.
Reeves took on Max Gawn in round 2 and had little impact as the Hawks lost the clearances by 12, with Gawn having only 24 hit-outs but a dominant impact with 17 possessions
Hawthorn has replaced Reeves with the in-form Lloyd Meek, who is a better round-the-ground ruckman despite standing only 202cm.
He has been able to use his bulk to jump into opposition ruckmen and still win hit-outs to advantage while also averaging 14 possessions and four clearances a game.
Those clearances and contested possessions from ruckmen are now much more important that pure hit-outs.
Champion Data statistics show hitout win rates and hitout to advantage from ruckmen are at ten year lows as the league allows greater contact between ruckmen.
Ruckmen have also taken the ball out of the ruck with the first possession 400 times in eight weeks and are on track to easily break last year’s record of 1157.
Ten years ago ruckmen took the ball out of the ruck only 287 times but with a third man not allowed to contest the ruck that figure has steadily increased.
The AFL has in recent years been able to secure young ruckmen from other pathways including basketball given the wealth in the league, with many given years on lists to develop.
But if clubs can throw key forwards or big-bodied players into the ruck they are more likely to recruit established ruckmen than try to draft players who might never make the grade.

LIST MANAGEMENT MAY 2024

I will make my List Management decisions based on the premiership window which opened last year which is about 7 years after drafting your best players which will be the 2018 draft year of Rozee and Butters.

I will also look to channel the Bob Quinn in me, that is, the Port of old and be a bit ruthless with my ideas on decision making.

And I'll just explain the premiership window a bit. The way a list goes from go to whoa is you draft talented players and they develop. This takes roughly 7 years. Once your talent is maturing, you need to plug in the holes of your list and starting 23. You have a run at the flag. You continually try to to plug up any gaps as you make your premiership run.

Around that 7 year mark which is where we are at. You want to be filling in gaps and if you are lucky, bring in players in the same age window. Also, you will want to fast track young players and move on older players who won't be a part of your run.

You are wanting to concentrate talent into the premiership window. For example, lets say in the 2000s, you have 3 star players and in the 2010s, you have 3 star players as well. It would be better to have 6 star players in the 2000s and 0 in the 2010s because you want more talent when it matters. The dynasties of the Brisbane Lions on the early 2000s, the Geelong Cats of the late 2000s, the Hawthorn Hawks in 2010s and recently the Richmond Tigers [less so] all had a huge concentration of talent and... great coaching.

In regards to age to, some players are older or younger than their actual age, if that makes sense. For example, Dixon and Marshall are a bit older than their age while Aliir plays younger.

Also with the wants and needs, they can come from the draft, trading but also from within. You never know who will take a big leap in their game and take the bull by the horns.

And lasty, I want to say that these are only guidelines and some rules are meant to be broken.

MIDFIELD

Ollie Wines 29

Willem Drew 25
Connor Rozee 24
Zak Butters 23
Jackson Mead 22

Jason Horne-Francis 20
Hugh Jackson 20

The centre bounce attendance in modern footy has 5 sometimes 6 players rotating in there. The midfield is our main strength with three elite and young midfielders in Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis and a borderline elite midfielder in Drew. All can impact the game in a strong way. We are good for many years.

Wines doesn't quite fit with them in terms of skills and window but is playing well enough but with low impact but is a pretty good 5th wheel if he feeds from the inside and doesn't have to make too many decisions especially by foot. The other issue is that Wines is inflexible and can only play inside midfielder which makes the midfield inflexible and the 23 a bit that way as well.

Mead is getting games to see what he can do. He is a very good decision maker and rarely makes a bad decision.
Hugh Jackson is touted by some on here on SANFL form and was supposedly close to a call up last year. He would give us a give us a different look in the midfield. I've always liked his potential.

WANTS - We could upgrade our 5th midfielder.
NEEDS - Nothing really.
WOULDN'T MIND - An elite midfielder with a good inside game

RUCKS

Ivan Soldo 28
Jordon Sweet 26

Dante Visentini 21

The two rucks still have to prove themselves but are doing quite well so far. They still need time to connect with the midfield.

Soldo is a bit on the older side of the window but rucks are a bit different. I think he came into AFL at an older age so he doesn't have quite the miles on the tyres. Bergman has played about the same games as him.
Sweet is a good number 2 and we will be seeing what he has to offer.

We have Visentini as the developing ruck.

WANTS - Another young ruck just in case Dante fizzles out.
NEEDS - Nothing
WOULDN'T MIND - An elite ruck like Kieran Briggs would be nice.

WINGS

Travis Boak 35

Quinton Narkle 26
Miles Bergman 22

Jase Burgyone 20
Will Lorenz 19

Even though it is early, I am pretty happy with Bergman and Burgoyne as our two young wingman. Both are in the premiership window.

Nowadays, Boak plays more from the bench and clearly is not in the premiership window. I get the feeling that Narkle will struggle to get games but he is good enough backup. Lorenz is a young guy developing his game.

The other thing is that Bergman and Burgoyne both have midfield potential. I think Bergman would make a great big bodied midfielder and Burgoyne is starting to show a hunger in the contest as well. Also Bergman has already shown how great he is down back playing on tall forwards. So this has to be put into consideration.

WANTS - Another developing wingman
NEEDS - None
WOULDN'T MIND - The Second Coming of Tregenza.

TALL FORWARDS

Charlie Dixon 33
Jeremy Finlayson 28

Todd Marshall 25
Mitch Georgiades 22
Ollie Lord 22
Tom Scully 19

This is a tough one because our gameplan is based around kicking to Dixon and I think if another coach came in, they would restructure the forward line to the strengths of all of the forwards. I just want to add that when Dixon has not played, the forward line has functioned well.

Dixon is still good enough but not in the premiership window.

Finlayson is getting on but is our hybrid forward, ruck. He also has the capacity to play tall down back and be that swiss army knife.

Marshall and Georgiades are very good players being used poorly at the moment by Hinkley. Marshall would benefit with a move up the ground. Georgiades is OK with what he is doing. He's a very good contested mark but has a great athletic profile that is being wasted.

Lord has started to get games and when played, straightens us up and brings easy goals to our game. In the preseason, he was also second rucking so at the moment, will probably be gunning for Finlayson's forward, 2nd ruck role.

Scully seems to be that leading forward with a beautiful kick that needs to build muscle and hit Fasta Pasta on Port Road if it is still there.

The hybrid forward, 2nd ruck is pretty important in modern footy and Lord stands a good chance of doing well in that role.

WANTS - Another developing forward would be nice but not essential
NEEDS - Nothing
WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR CHRISTMAS - An out and out Number 1 Key Position Forward

TALL DEFENDERS

Trent McKenzie 32
Tom Clurey 30
Aliir Aliir 29

Esava Ratugolea 25
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher 25

Kyle Marshall 20
Tom McCallum 19
Xavier Walsh 18

Last year, we struggled with tall defenders but we plugged up the holes. We are now doing pretty well with the tall defenders. Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher are developing well together in the backline. They are not big names but are getting the job done. We have rarely been beaten in the air this year. Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher are in the window. Aliir is a touch old but I think he still has a fair bit of tread on the tyres.

McKenzie and Clurey are now backups.

We have three developing defenders. McCallum was a 2nd rounder so you always hope that he will come good on his potential. The other two have good qualities as well.

It would be great to see one of these guys break out in the SANFL and push for selection.

Walsh also could be played up forward and seems to be a fan favourite already.

WANTS - Nothing
NEEDS - Nothing
WOULDN'T MIND - A developing elite tall defender

MEDIUM FORWARDS

Wille Rioli 28
Darcy Byrne-Jones 28
Sam Powell-Pepper 26

Jed McEntee 23
Francis Evans 22

Lachie Charleson 19
Thomas Anastasopoulos 18

We have three of our oldish guys in Rioli, Powell-Pepper and Byrne-Jones playing well. Rioli is our genuine magic goal kicking forward. I would consider Rioli to be a young 28. Powell-Pepper as the high forward who can run all day. Byrne-Jones as the do it all third medium forward who I think is quietly having a very good year.

McEntee and Evans are in the right age window but I think they could be easily upgraded. They just seem to be poking their heads into the 23 on occasion now.

We have two young and talented rookies in Anastasopoulos and Charleson who are developing nicely.

I am a big fan of Anastasopoulos and would fast track him as the other small forward. He is fast, has good goal sense and kicks goals. He could also play wing.
Charleson has a bit of magic to him and is another Robbie Gray selection which is almost like the Royal Seal ans plays as a medium forward but also seems to be groomed as an inside midfielder.

WANTS - Nothing
NEEDS - Another medium goal kicking goal sneak forward.
WOULDN'T MIND - Kosi Pickett

MEDIUM DEFENDERS

Ryan Burton 27
Dan Houston 26
Kane Farrell 25

Dylan Williams 22
Lachie Jones 22
Josh Sinn 21

All of the medium defenders are in the premiership window. We have four guys in Houston, Burton, Farrell and Williams with a similar skill set.

Houston is our best player outside of the midfield and is a great running defender and a fantastic kick.
Burton is a fantastic kick but very, very loose in defence.
Farrell is a fantastic kick and is tighter on defence and can easily play the Burton role. Last week against the Saints, he was number one is scoring involvements which is usually the domain of Rozee.
Williams is a fantastic kick and holds his own one on one.

Lachie Jones is a point of difference with superior athleticism and speed. He is still learning the game back there but he should pay handsome dividends.

Sinn is the wildcard who could also play wing and he could also play the defensive forward role easily as well. He is lightning fast, often injured and hasn't set the SANFL on fire but that is not a requisite to get games in the AFL. He has some real potential and would give us some real pace and excitement. He is a guy who needs to be coached.

WANTS - An athletic defensive minded defender with speed
NEEDS - Nothing
WOULDN'T MIND - Sinn to tear it up

POSSIBLE UPCOMING RETIREES AND DELISTINGS

Travis Boak - old, doing enough, would prefer getting games into a young player
Charlie Dixon - old, playing well enough, would prefer getting games into a young player
Tom Clurey - he's been passed and is a backup
Trent McKenzie - he's been passed and is a backup

Jed McEntee - lack of impact in games
Francis Evans - lack of impact in games
Quinton Narkle - a backup but a bit of a swiss army knife player

OTHER QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS

Josh Sinn - lots of potential but injured. Hopefully he comes good because he would add another dimension to the backline and team. Possible trade bait back to Melbourne.
Ryan Burton - his loose defending may see others pass him
Oliver Wines - our 5th best midfielder. Good but not great. Inflexible inside midfield. Can another midfielder or two pass him? Possible trade bait to Melbourne club? Highly unlikely but a ruthless possibility.

POSSIBLE PREMIERSHIP WINDOW SQUAD

Zerk-Thatcher, Ratugolea, AAA
Houston, Aliir, Jones
Bergman, Horne-Francis, Burgoyne
Byrne-Jones, Marshall, Powell-Pepper
Rioli, Georgiades, BBB

Drew, Wines, Finlayson, CCC

Ideally, the AAA spot would be an athletic medium defender with good defensive skills and a nice kick. At the moment, we have Farrell, Williams, Burton and Sinn. Farrell, Williams and even Sinn could easily be in that spot and a lot of people would have some of those names in there.

Ideally, the BBB spot would be a medium forward who kicks goals. At the moment, we have McEntee, Evans, Anastasopoulos and, Charleson. Anastasopoulos could easily be in that spot.

The spot of CCC is determined by the best player available but within the needs of the team.

SOON TO BE END OF CONTRACT PLAYERS OF INTEREST

2024 - Dixon, Evans, Kyle Marshall, Boak, McKenzie, Narkle
2025 - McEntee, Sinn, Burton, Clurey
2026 - Wines, Byrne-Jones

2024 DRAFT PICK SELECTIONS

34, 52, 69 et al

It would be nice to use 34 of a general prospect and then clean up the Father, Sons and NGA.

2024 FATHER SONS AND NGA

This has been taken from the Father, Son thread and Port2Power. If Rome is better than Jase, we have three very good prospects coming in on the cheap. Just what we need this year.

1. Louie Montgomery
2. Benny Barrett
3. Rome Burgoyne
4. Ky Burgoyne
5. Oliver Francou

CONCLUSION

The list is good enough to win a premiership and I'm of the opinion that a good coach who is positive and instills belief into the players could start a dynasty.

We don't need too much and we have a few wants about the place but I feel a new coach would cut a lot of fat off the list and off the 23 and straighten us up.

Sack Hinkley.

Hayward and Perryman would be good gets but only for the right price. DBJ and SPP already play pressure forward, Hayward would be there to kick goals instead of McEntee. Perryman handy player, not ground breaking. Would be in best 22 on wing or HBF.

Hayward defs looks like a crows player though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy’s new ruck rule has claimed its first victim with clubs fearing the age of drafting beanpole 200cm-plus ruckmen is over.

Hawthorn’s Ned Reeves was dropped by the Hawks after two games as ruckmen were allowed to cross the centre square line and block their opponent with a straight arm.
The rule was brought in to simplify the decision-making process for umpires given confusion about what was allowed in a ruck contest.
But the unforeseen consequence has been reducing the centre bounce and around-the-ground ruck throw-ups to wrestling contests.
In previous years the rules rewarded athletic ruckmen who jumped at the ball like Nic Naitanui.
Reeves helped propel the Hawks to the No. 1 centre square side in football last year as a pure leaping tap ruckman who at 210cm had a reach advantage on some rivals.
The new rule allows rucks to block with their arm as long as they are contesting the ball, and now advantages heavier ruckmen who can ground their rival and turn the contest into a push-and-shove.
One senior coach said on Monday their club could not afford to draft thin jumping ruckmen any more when the actual hitout had proved obsolete.
Reeves took on Max Gawn in round 2 and had little impact as the Hawks lost the clearances by 12, with Gawn having only 24 hit-outs but a dominant impact with 17 possessions
Hawthorn has replaced Reeves with the in-form Lloyd Meek, who is a better round-the-ground ruckman despite standing only 202cm.
He has been able to use his bulk to jump into opposition ruckmen and still win hit-outs to advantage while also averaging 14 possessions and four clearances a game.
Those clearances and contested possessions from ruckmen are now much more important that pure hit-outs.
Champion Data statistics show hitout win rates and hitout to advantage from ruckmen are at ten year lows as the league allows greater contact between ruckmen.
Ruckmen have also taken the ball out of the ruck with the first possession 400 times in eight weeks and are on track to easily break last year’s record of 1157.
Ten years ago ruckmen took the ball out of the ruck only 287 times but with a third man not allowed to contest the ruck that figure has steadily increased.
The AFL has in recent years been able to secure young ruckmen from other pathways including basketball given the wealth in the league, with many given years on lists to develop.
But if clubs can throw key forwards or big-bodied players into the ruck they are more likely to recruit established ruckmen than try to draft players who might never make the grade.

Welcome back to the 1960s and 70s where checkside ruckwork was king, see Rick Davies and Neil Button, even Peter Carey as a taller exponent, in the sanfl.

Tall ruckmen survived and will again.

LIST MANAGEMENT MAY 2024

I will make my List Management decisions based on the premiership window which opened last year which is about 7 years after drafting your best players which will be the 2018 draft year of Rozee and Butters.

I will also look to channel the Bob Quinn in me, that is, the Port of old and be a bit ruthless with my ideas on decision making.

And I'll just explain the premiership window a bit. The way a list goes from go to whoa is you draft talented players and they develop. This takes roughly 7 years. Once your talent is maturing, you need to plug in the holes of your list and starting 23. You have a run at the flag. You continually try to to plug up any gaps as you make your premiership run.

Around that 7 year mark which is where we are at. You want to be filling in gaps and if you are lucky, bring in players in the same age window. Also, you will want to fast track young players and move on older players who won't be a part of your run.

You are wanting to concentrate talent into the premiership window. For example, lets say in the 2000s, you have 3 star players and in the 2010s, you have 3 star players as well. It would be better to have 6 star players in the 2000s and 0 in the 2010s because you want more talent when it matters. The dynasties of the Brisbane Lions on the early 2000s, the Geelong Cats of the late 2000s, the Hawthorn Hawks in 2010s and recently the Richmond Tigers [less so] all had a huge concentration of talent and... great coaching.

In regards to age to, some players are older or younger than their actual age, if that makes sense. For example, Dixon and Marshall are a bit older than their age while Aliir plays younger.

Also with the wants and needs, they can come from the draft, trading but also from within. You never know who will take a big leap in their game and take the bull by the horns.

And lasty, I want to say that these are only guidelines and some rules are meant to be broken.

MIDFIELD

Ollie Wines 29

Willem Drew 25
Connor Rozee 24
Zak Butters 23
Jackson Mead 22

Jason Horne-Francis 20
Hugh Jackson 20

The centre bounce attendance in modern footy has 5 sometimes 6 players rotating in there. The midfield is our main strength with three elite and young midfielders in Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis and a borderline elite midfielder in Drew. All can impact the game in a strong way. We are good for many years.

Wines doesn't quite fit with them in terms of skills and window but is playing well enough but with low impact but is a pretty good 5th wheel if he feeds from the inside and doesn't have to make too many decisions especially by foot. The other issue is that Wines is inflexible and can only play inside midfielder which makes the midfield inflexible and the 23 a bit that way as well.

Mead is getting games to see what he can do. He is a very good decision maker and rarely makes a bad decision.
Hugh Jackson is touted by some on here on SANFL form and was supposedly close to a call up last year. He would give us a give us a different look in the midfield. I've always liked his potential.

NEEDS - Nothing really.

RUCKS

Ivan Soldo 28
Jordon Sweet 26

Dante Visentini 21

The two rucks still have to prove themselves but are doing quite well so far. They still need time to connect with the midfield.

Soldo is a bit on the older side of the window but rucks are a bit different. I think he came into AFL at an older age so he doesn't have quite the miles on the tyres. Bergman has played about the same games as him.

NEEDS - Nothing

WINGS

Travis Boak 35

Quinton Narkle 26
Miles Bergman 22

Jase Burgyone 20
Will Lorenz 19

Even though it is early, I am pretty happy with Bergman and Burgoyne as our two young wingman. Both are in the premiership window.

Nowadays, Boak plays more from the bench and clearly is not in the premiership window. I get the feeling that Narkle will struggle to get games but he is good enough backup. Lorenz is a young guy developing his game.

The other thing is that Bergman and Burgoyne both have midfield potential. I think Bergman would make a great big bodied midfielder and Burgoyne is starting to show a hunger in the contest as well. Also Bergman has already shown how great he is down back playing on tall forwards. So this has to be put into consideration.

NEEDS - None

TALL FORWARDS

Charlie Dixon 33
Jeremy Finlayson 28

Todd Marshall 25
Mitch Georgiades 22
Ollie Lord 22
Tom Scully 19

This is a tough one because our gameplan is based around kicking to Dixon and I think if another coach came in, they would restructure the forward line to the strengths of all of the forwards. I just want to add that when Dixon has not played, the forward line has functioned well.

Finlayson is getting on but is our hybrid forward, ruck. He also has the capacity to play tall down back and be that swiss army knife.

Marshall and Georgiades are very good players being used poorly at the moment by Hinkley. Marshall would benefit with a move up the ground. Georgiades is OK with what he is doing. He's a very good contested mark but has a great athletic profile that is being wasted.

Lord has started to get games and when played, straightens us up and brings easy goals to our game. In the preseason, he was also second rucking so at the moment, will probably be gunning for Finlayson's forward, 2nd ruck role.

Scully seems to be that leading forward with a beautiful kick that needs to build muscle and hit Fasta Pasta on Port Road if it is still there.

The hybrid forward, 2nd ruck is pretty important in modern footy and Lord stands a good chance of doing well in that role.

NEEDS - Nothing

TALL DEFENDERS

Trent McKenzie 32
Tom Clurey 30
Aliir Aliir 29

Esava Ratugolea 25
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher 25

Kyle Marshall 20
Tom McCallum 19
Xavier Walsh 18

Last year, we struggled with tall defenders but we plugged up the holes. We are now doing pretty well with the tall defenders. Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher are developing well together in the backline. They are not big names but are getting the job done. We have rarely been beaten in the air this year. Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher are in the window. Aliir is a touch old but I think he still has a fair bit of tread on the tyres.

We have three developing defenders. McCallum was a 2nd rounder so you always hope that he will come good on his potential. The other two have good qualities as well.

It would be great to see one of these guys break out in the SANFL and push for selection.

WANTS - Nothing
NEEDS - Nothing

MEDIUM FORWARDS

Wille Rioli 28
Darcy Byrne-Jones 28
Sam Powell-Pepper 26

Jed McEntee 23
Francis Evans 22

Lachie Charleson 19
Thomas Anastasopoulos 18

We have three of our oldish guys in Rioli, Powell-Pepper and Byrne-Jones playing well. Rioli is our genuine magic goal kicking forward. I would consider Rioli to be a young 28. Powell-Pepper as the high forward who can run all day. Byrne-Jones as the do it all third medium forward who I think is quietly having a very good year.

McEntee and Evans are in the right age window but I think they could be easily upgraded. They just seem to be poking their heads into the 23 on occasion now.

We have two young and talented rookies in Anastasopoulos and Charleson who are developing nicely.

I am a big fan of Anastasopoulos and would fast track him as the other small forward. He is fast, has good goal sense and kicks goals. He could also play wing.
Charleson has a bit of magic to him and is another Robbie Gray selection which is almost like the Royal Seal ans plays as a medium forward but also seems to be groomed as an inside midfielder.

WANTS - Nothing

MEDIUM DEFENDERS

Ryan Burton 27
Dan Houston 26
Kane Farrell 25

Dylan Williams 22
Lachie Jones 22
Josh Sinn 21

All of the medium defenders are in the premiership window. We have four guys in Houston, Burton, Farrell and Williams with a similar skill set.

Houston is our best player outside of the midfield and is a great running defender and a fantastic kick.
Farrell is a fantastic kick and is tighter on defence and can easily play the Burton role. Last week against the Saints, he was number one is scoring involvements which is usually the domain of Rozee.

Lachie Jones is a point of difference with superior athleticism and speed. He is still learning the game back there but he should pay handsome dividends.

Sinn is the wildcard who could also play wing and he could also play the defensive forward role easily as well. He is lightning fast, often injured and hasn't set the SANFL on fire but that is not a requisite to get games in the AFL. He has some real potential and would give us some real pace and excitement. He is a guy who needs to be coached.

NEEDS - Nothing

Charlie Dixon - old, playing well enough, would prefer getting games into a young player

Josh Sinn - lots of potential but injured. Hopefully he comes good because he would add another dimension to the backline and team. Possible trade bait back to Melbourne.
Oliver Wines - our 5th best midfielder. Good but not great. Inflexible inside midfield. Can another midfielder or two pass him? Possible trade bait to Melbourne club? Highly unlikely but a ruthless possibility.

Houston, Aliir, Jones
Rioli, Georgiades, BBB

Ideally, the AAA spot would be an athletic medium defender with good defensive skills and a nice kick. At the moment, we have Farrell, Williams, Burton and Sinn. Farrell, Williams and even Sinn could easily be in that spot and a lot of people would have some of those names in there.

Ideally, the BBB spot would be a medium forward who kicks goals. At the moment, we have McEntee, Evans, Anastasopoulos and, Charleson. Anastasopoulos could easily be in that spot.

The spot of CCC is determined by the best player available but within the needs of the team.

34, 52, 69 et al

It would be nice to use 34 of a general prospect and then clean up the Father, Sons and NGA.

2024 FATHER SONS AND NGA

This has been taken from the Father, Son thread and Port2Power. If Rome is better than Jase, we have three very good prospects coming in on the cheap. Just what we need this year.

1. Louie Montgomery
2. Benny Barrett
3. Rome Burgoyne
4. Ky Burgoyne
5. Oliver Francou

CONCLUSION

The list is good enough to win a premiership and I'm of the opinion that a good coach who is positive and instills belief into the players could start a dynasty.

We don't need too much and we have a few wants about the place but I feel a new coach would cut a lot of fat off the list and off the 23 and straighten us up.

Sack Hinkley.
Good read. Strong finish.

LIST MANAGEMENT MAY 2024

MIDFIELD

Ollie Wines 29

Willem Drew 25
Connor Rozee 24
Zak Butters 23
Jackson Mead 22

Jason Horne-Francis 20
Hugh Jackson 20

NEEDS - Nothing really.

RUCKS

Ivan Soldo 28
Jordon Sweet 26

Dante Visentini 21

NEEDS - Nothing

WINGS

Travis Boak 35

Quinton Narkle 26
Miles Bergman 22

Jase Burgyone 20
Will Lorenz 19

NEEDS - None

TALL FORWARDS

Charlie Dixon 33
Jeremy Finlayson 28

Todd Marshall 25
Mitch Georgiades 22
Ollie Lord 22
Tom Scully 19

NEEDS - Nothing

TALL DEFENDERS

Trent McKenzie 32
Tom Clurey 30
Aliir Aliir 29

Esava Ratugolea 25
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher 25

Kyle Marshall 20
Tom McCallum 19
Xavier Walsh 18

WANTS - Nothing
NEEDS - Nothing

MEDIUM FORWARDS

Wille Rioli 28
Darcy Byrne-Jones 28
Sam Powell-Pepper 26

Jed McEntee 23
Francis Evans 22

Lachie Charleson 19
Thomas Anastasopoulos 18

WANTS - Nothing

MEDIUM DEFENDERS

Ryan Burton 27
Dan Houston 26
Kane Farrell 25

Dylan Williams 22
Lachie Jones 22
Josh Sinn 21

NEEDS - Nothing

Houston, Aliir, Jones
Rioli, Georgiades, BBB

34, 52, 69 et al

2024 FATHER SONS AND NGA

1. Louie Montgomery
2. Benny Barrett
3. Rome Burgoyne
4. Ky Burgoyne
5. Oliver Francou

CONCLUSION

Sack Hinkley.
Probably a very good post, but I aint reading all of that.

Probably a very good post, but I aint reading all of that.
PB admitted to channelling Bob Quinn for that post but it looks like old mate REH got in on the party as well, I ran out of juice at about the half way mark and now I'm going to have to hit the Berocca to find the energy to read the rest of it. :)

Last edited:
The love affair with rucks winning possessions and winning clearances is far overrated and narrow minded.

Who do you want winning the ball out of the middle? In our case If you lined up rozee, butters jhf drew and soldo what moron would say they want the ball in the hands of soldo?

Rucks winning clearances should really only be seen as a good thing if they’re either gun ball users (what ruck is that?) or your midfield is such s**t ball users it’s not a downgrade to have your ruck with the ball in hand.

it should be your rucks job to get the ball to your best ball users and be an aerial presence around the ground.

The love affair with rucks winning possessions and winning clearances is far overrated and narrow minded.

Who do you want winning the ball out of the middle? In our case If you lined up rozee, butters jhf drew and soldo what moron would say they want the ball in the hands of soldo?

Rucks winning clearances should really only be seen as a good thing if they’re either gun ball users (what ruck is that?) or your midfield is such s**t ball users it’s not a downgrade to have your ruck with the ball in hand.

it should be your rucks job to get the ball to your best ball users and be an aerial presence around the ground.
I agree.

Typically ruck plucking it out of the ball up results in a hack kick forward. Very rarely do they handball to someone in the middle.

I agree.

Typically ruck plucking it out of the ball up results in a hack kick forward. Very rarely do they handball to someone in the middle.
I thought Sweet actually tried to do this - handball out of congestion to the outside runners. Got it right a couple of times, messed it up a couple of times. He actually seemed quite athletic in this regard - got the hands up high for the release pretty quick.

A nice surprise compared to crash and bash Slyce.

PB admitted to channelling Bob Quinn for that post but it looks like old mate REH got in on the party as well, I ran out of juice at about the half way mark and now I'm going to have to hit the Berocca to find the energy to read the rest of it. :)
I'd channel REH but he's still alive.

Matthew Primus nods head

A s**t clearance is still better than no clearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back