List Management - Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder how many posts we can go without the D word being mentioned ;) That was 10 pages of my life I will never get back.

Wonder how many posts we can go without the D word being mentioned ;) That was 10 pages of my life I will never get back.

Made the last couple of hours of work unproductive for me.

Why the doubts? We traded / drafted Rawlings and Jackovich with top ten picks and both proved to be dedicated foot soldiers and worked out well. Cook and Minton-Connell both had good games / half seasons. Bartlett gave a contest. Aaron James didn't urinate on anyone whilst listed with us. The only thing I'm more confident in then our ability to trade for key forwards is our ability to draft and develop them. Daniel Hargraves was a model of consistency. Jason Watts undersized and competent backline play was only surpassed by his 1996 goalkicking feats. Patrick Wiggins was a key component of the bumper 99 crop. Kieran McGuiness kicked 3 goals on debut, wore Chris Grant and Darryl Grffins number 29 with aplomb before a long and distinguished local football career. Nathan Saunders and James Condos were trailblazers for J Pod, just without the goals. Tim Walsh was a durable and more then adequate footballer while at Ivanhoe Grammar and Jarrad Grant more then surpassed expectations that night against Essendon when he kicked 6. I'm supremely confident that if my club thinks big Dawesy can do a job he will. Look at the positives people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well see you then

Maybe you can go watch kick boxing I heard its a great sport to view

Whoa, why the mood?

It was very clearly a light hearted "Damn You" with a smiley face at the end, for mentioning Dawes after I jokingly wondered how many posts we can go without a mention.

PS: I hate kick boxing

"The announcement did not come today as it was reported, however Bulldogs fans, this man will be your newest recruit tomorrow!
Say Hello to Chris Dawes, and Goodbye to picks 21 and 47."

Ah s**t, laughing stock of the AFL, again....

photo.php

41,46 and Sherman should be the deal, we get bent over by using pick 21 part of the deal.

Hi guys, I have been living under a rock and just discovered this site a week ago.

It has taken a week to work my way through the 200+ pages! But hey love the discussion!

I'm not against Dawes but against using pick 21.

If we get Dawes, we really need to delist some people, Williams wasn't looking too bad at CHF if he stays there you cannot have Dawes,Williams,Jones,Grant,Cordy,Skinner,Resting Minson, Campbell, Redpath,smalls - Dickson,Cooney,Higgins,Gia, Addison, Dal

who do you think will get the cut, who is the best 6?

Has an article yet been released as to why we delisted Tom Hill?

Probably have too many tall forwards and not enough quality ones.
Liam Jones may come good yet, but I am talking more about the type of forward whom can have an immediate impact after been drafted; i.e Jeremy Cameron/Jonathan Patton etc

How many young players do we need to pick up in this draft with picks? We seemingly have 3 of quality already. Picks 5, 6 and Hunter. Do we need to use more on 18yos or rookie upgrades and trades? We don’t, as yet, have control of our own VFL side (not until 2014) so we can only have some influence over how young draft picks will be developed. We will have total influence over the development of the 2013 draft. We have young players and rookies needing game time now in an environment we can control. Adding a whole lot of young’ns this year might compromise us on several levels.

How many young players do we need to pick up in this draft with picks? We seemingly have 3 of quality already. Picks 5, 6 and Hunter. Do we need to use more on 18yos or rookie upgrades and trades? We don’t, as yet, have control of our own VFL side (not until 2014) so we can only have some influence over how young draft picks will be developed. We will have total influence over the development of the 2013 draft. We have young players and rookies needing game time now in an environment we can control. Adding a whole lot of young’ns this year might compromise us on several levels.

Because draft picks can fail, so you don't waste picks drafting for bandaid forwards when you could be enlarging the percentage chance that you have of finding the next Johnson/Grant/West

Could we downgrade multiple picks (which would be used on elevating our rookies) to please Collingwood if we are to get Dawes?

E.g. Picks 41, 47, 83, 101, 119 to Collingwood for Dawes, 58, 94, 112, 130. Or is that too complicated?

We need to hold onto picks 5 & 6, if we could somehow upgrade 21 that would be a bonus :thumbsu:

Didnt someone say libba wanted out in the first thread? Is that true? He might of made a mistake but he is still a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back