List of Trade Rumours for 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All names on this list are rumours I've heard from either the newspaper, the AFL website, radio, or from people on this thread. I will edit this list until the trade period is over. If you have heard of any NEW rumours or any re-signings, please reply. If someone thinks a rumour is rubbish, I'll remove the name. Thanks.

* = Officially gone from club
© = Contracted beyond 2012

Adelaide
Tippett to GCS/Bris (Reports that Adelaide have ended talks with Tippett until the end of the year, Brisbane and Gold Coast offering 700k-850k a year for 5 years)
Knights to Melb/North/Rich (has good working relationship with North fitness coach Steve Saunders, wants to go to Victoria)

Brisbane
©Karnezis to Rich/Melb (Rumoured to be homesick, could be asking for a trade to a Victorian club)
Hawksley to STK
Cornelius to WB/Carl
Polec to Adel (rumour of trade bait for Tippett)

Carlton
*Thornton to GWS/WB (Quit Carlton and will be a free agent)
*Russell to Rich (Quit Carlton and will be a free agent, rumours of contract talks with Richmond)
*Bower to GWS (Rumoured to be Delisted, Carlton fans say he is gone)
©Warnock to Coll/STK (Contracted but Collingwood interested, rumour of him going to be traded to Saints)
McCarthy to Port

Collingwood
Cloke to Freo/Carl/GWS (Reports that Collingwood have ended talks with Cloke until the end of the year, Buckley says he will re-sign, GWS as un-contracted rumour, Freo offering reportedly 1.0-1.1mil each year for 5 years, Mick Malthouse wants him at Carlton)
Wood to GWS (Uncontracted rumour)
Wellingham to WCE/Freo/Haw/Melb (Rumours of a possible homesickness)
Brown to Adel

Essendon
Hille/Dyson/Slattery to GWS (Hille rumoured to be on the outer at Essendon, others are uncontracted rumours)
Monfries to Port (Reports of Essendon offering a 2 year deal and Port offering a 4 year deal)
Gumbleton to Freo/Melb/WB (Essendon have offered a 1 year deal)

Fremantle
©Silvagni to Bris (Contracted but Brisbane are interested in Silvagni)
McPharlin to GWS (Has put contract talks off until end of season)
Ibbotson to Carl/Ess (Father is a Carlton supporter, both clubs chasing for Ibbotson)

Geelong
Byrnes to Melb (Channel 7 says Byrnes could be a free agent)
Gillies to Haw
Simpson to GWS (Rumours of him wanting out of the club)

Gold Coast
*Jolly to Adel/Port (Quit the Suns and wants to play for an SA team)
*Caddy to Ess/North/STK/Geel/Coll (Quit the Suns and wants go home to Victoria to be with his dad who has an illness)
*Toy to Melb/Haw/Ess/North (Quit the Suns and wants to go back to Victoria)
Hickey to STK/Haw/Ess (Interest from multiple clubs, Is keen to move to victoria)
Wellar to Haw/STK (Interest from both clubs)

GWS Giants
Giles to Adel (unhappy with the deal GWS offered him and Adelaide Rate him)

Hawthorn
Murphy/Gilham to STK (Both lacking opportunities, saints interested)
Savage to Coll
Ellis to North/Melb

Melbourne
*Moloney to Port/Freo/Ess/Syd/North (Quit Melbourne and will be a free agent, rumour of Moloney wanting to go to North)
*Jarrah to Port (Quit Melbourne and will not commit to AFL until his court case has ended, Port have shown interest)
*Rivers to Geel (Will be a free agent, Geelong interested)
©Martin to Coll (Contracted but collingwood are interested)
©Gysberts to Geel (Reports that he is on Geelongs radar, Neeld says he will not leave, Is contracted)
Cook to North (Understood to be wanting out of the club, Neeld says he will stay)
Bate/Dunn to WB (Bate requested a move to the bulldogs last year, both contract talks put on hold)
Pettard to Carl (Pettard not in contract talks)
Davey to GWS (Rumours of Davey wanting out, Neeld says he will say)

North Melbourne
©Pederson to Coll/STK (Rumour that both clubs are interested)
McKinley/Warren to Melb (Both apparently are unhappy with their position at the club)
Edwards to Rich (Rumoured to be delisted and Richmond interested)

Port Adelaide
Jacobs to Melb (Rumours of Jacobs may wanting to go home)
Salopek to Melb/STK/GWS (Rumours of Salopek being on the outer at Port and is possibly going to be traded/delisted)
Chaplin/Banner/Thomas to Rich (Richmond have interest in all players)
Pearce to GWS/Syd/Melb (Rumours of Pearce thinking he is not needed at the club)

Richmond
Post to STK/Bris

St Kilda
Goddard to GWS/Freo/Coll/Ess (Wants to be a saint, wants to stay in Victoria, Reports of him wanting a 4 year deal and Saints are offering 3)

Sydney
Moore/Dennis-Lane/Seaby to GWS (According to Sydney supporters Moore wants to stay, Dennis-Lane rumour going around amongst swans fans, GWS targeting Seaby)
McNeil to Carl/Rich (Both clubs rumoured to be talking to the rookie listed player)

West Coast
©Brown to STK (On the outer)
Lynch to Bris/Coll/GWS/GCS/Melb/Carl (GWS uncontracted rumour, says he wants multi year deal)

Stevens to Coll/Carl/StK/Ess/Melb (On the outer)

Western Bulldogs
NONE

I have heard that Goddard will be going to Carlton as a FA. After all, he did support Carlton as a kid :D:thumbsu:

P.S this thread will be derailed pretty quickly .........

hmmm interesting to see no rumours of Sydney being interested in anyone. also interesting that you didnt include Trent Dennis-lane to GWS. seems to be going around alot on the swans board. not sure if its true or not. i have heard that swans were looking into Pearce. also unconfirmed.

Drummond has as much chance of playing for Essendon next year as James Hird does have to be re drafted.

To be honest probably less actually now I think about it.

As long as Stanton is uncontracted the rumour will be out there.
This is from AFL.com on the 18th of july talking about the bulldogs.
"Dogs need midfield speed and class (Essendon's Brent Stanton, Port Adelaide's Danyle Pearce, West Coast's Matt Rosa), defensive dash (Collingwood's Harry O'Brien) to allow Bob Murphy to play forward; another key defender (Melbourne's Jared Rivers, Port Adelaide's Troy Chaplin) and a medium-sized forward (Melbourne pair Lynden Dunn and Matthew Bate)."
So you list Stanton but not Rosa?

Thread is losing credibility early.

Rosa has resigned with Westcoast.
Any other problems?
Yeah the rumor is rubbish and Stanton isn't going to leave Essendon to walk into a bottom 4 side that won't offer him anything we can't.

Yeah the rumor is rubbish and Stanton isn't going to leave Essendon to walk into a bottom 4 side that won't offer him anything we can't.
thats not the point of this thread. the thread isnt hear to offend people, which clearly it has offended you. the name of the thread is "RUMOURS" Stanton is one of those "rumours" and will continue to be so untill re re-signs. no need to take it to heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats not the point of this thread. the thread isnt hear to offend people, which clearly it has offended you. the name of the thread is "RUMOURS" Stanton is one of those "rumours" and will continue to be so untill re re-signs. no need to take it to heart.
It hasn't offended me. But the point of this thread should be to make sure the rumors are credible. That one is rubbish, which by the looks of it the OP has recognised since he removed it.

Your a flog, you try to discredit his attempt at an interesting thread only to be shot down. Then the best you come up with is 'Yeah the rumor is rubbish'

Your a flog, you try to discredit his attempt at an interesting thread only to be shot down. Then the best you come up with is 'Yeah the rumor is rubbish'
Then went over it with a proper reason and ended up with the OP agreeing with me.

But hey I'm the flog. :)

Well all I can see from any defenders on that list I would probably choose Mitch Brown, but the last thing I heard on Tom Gillies was Hawthorn wanted him. Hopefully Scarlett doesn't retire.

Do you know or anyone else know of Gillies contract status? I did a bit of research and i can't find it
also I Garry Ablett (a good friend of Scarlett) a few months ago said he wants Scarlett to play on. So Ablett must know Scarlett is still fit enough to play on.

Um Gilles is uncontracted at the end of this season

From a Hawthorn percepective I'd be shocked if Young left during the trade period, he's played 14 out of the 18 games so far, pretty good for a guy susceptible to injury and who's almost definitely in our best 22. Xavier Ellis is probably a chance to go, allegedly he was shopped around during the trade window last season and got a few inquiries, he hasn't made an appearance in 2012 however, due to average form and injury.

I like this thread, regardless of its possible inaccuracies the concept of the thread spurs on interesting suggestion of players to be traded and why or why not it is likely

As said above i dont think the point of the thread was to offend anyone he clearly said rumours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back