Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Etih... Marvel Stadium Virtual Venue shows how the new logo will look above the scoreboard. Doesn't look too bad - at least it doesn't stick out and take the attention away from the screen and the game

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 8.46.19 pm.png

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
The Etih... Marvel Stadium Virtual Venue shows how the new logo will look above the scoreboard. Doesn't look too bad - at least it doesn't stick out and take the attention away from the screen and the game

View attachment 567501
Agree, but the whole place will be destroyed in a super hero - alien battle at some point

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

Geelong to base Korean team
Geelong-Korea to debut in 2018/19 season
TheABL.com.au
06/14/2018 2:33 AM ET

Baseball Australia CEO Cam Vale believes that the inclusion of Geelong-Korea is a significant moment for the sport in Australia
  • "Not only does Geelong-Korea give Geelong a professional sporting team, it gives the city unparalleled exposure into the Asian market," Vale said.

"Every single game Geelong-Korea play in Geelong will be broadcast to millions of baseball viewers all over the world, enabling Geelong to have a truly global audience."

"Geelong-Korea had a number of high quality offers from various regional centres, but ultimately the strength of the community, the superb grassroots link and the impressive baseball complex secured Geelong's place in the ABL."

"To base a team in a grassroots focused area such as Geelong is an enormous opportunity for the elite side of the Australian game to work closely with the next generation of ABL stars."

"Geelong is a passionate sporting town, and we are excited to bring the ABL's first ever expansion team to Regional Victoria."

Minister for Sport, John Eren believes hosting Geelong-Korea will have significant flow-on benefits to the sport, the league and Victoria as a whole.

"The addition of a Korean team in the national competition will boost the profile of the game in Victoria, bring extra excitement into the competition, and act as a pathway for our talented baseballers to join overseas clubs," Mr. Eren said.

"We're delivering for Geelong - we've already acquired World T20 cricket matches, the Australian Open of table tennis and we're growing the Cadel Evans road race and the Vic Open golf tournament into international events."

"This deal will showcase the Geelong region to an entirely new market boosting tourism and the local economy and creating jobs for regional Victorians."

The Greater City of Geelong's acting Mayor, Mr. Peter Murrihy believes hosting an ABL team in Geelong is exciting for the community.

This is a huge coup for the Geelong region and a testament to our fantastic facilities and the liveability of our region," Mr. Murrihy said.

"We're very excited to welcome the Korean team to Geelong in November and look forward to showing them around. I'm sure this will be quite a buzz for baseball and sports fans in our community, and new converts to the sport!"

Geelong-Korea's home ground will be the Geelong Baseball Centre, with the confirmation of team name and branding to take place in the next few months.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
The ABL also added the Auckland Tuatara

Auckland reveals name and colours
Expansion team to be called Tuatara - a native NZ reptile
By David Penrose / TheABL.com.au
08/26/2018 9:17 PM ET
cut.png

The Australian Baseball League's newest team will be known as the Auckland Tuatara.

The New Zealand expansion team announced today it would be called Tuatara and adopt teal and navy blue - which have a strong link to the region's marine heritage - as its colours.

Auckland Tuatara Board member Brett O'Riley said the Tuatara was an iconic reptile, unique to New Zealand.

"(The Tuatara is) part of the Hauraki Gulf Islands conservation programme in Auckland," O'Riley said.

"We are celebrating the resilience of the Tuatara as our oldest surviving species.

"We want the team to mirror those qualities on the diamond."

Auckland Tuatara will make its ABL debut on the road to Perth from November 15-18.

Baseball New Zealand chief executive Ryan Flynn said a lot of work had been done to get the expansion team up-and-running.

"We have tried to squeeze two years' worth of work into six months," Flynn said.

"There is a tremendous appetite for professional baseball in New Zealand and we are delighted to be able to give Kiwi sports fans the opportunity to see it first-hand.

"It is a watershed moment for the sport in New Zealand … Kiwi kids will have a local team to aspire to and our leading players will be able to play professionally while being based here at home."

The Tuatara also announced their 12 home games during their inaugural season will be played at McLeod Park in Te Atatu.

Auckland's home opener is against Brisbane on November 22.

The Tuatara will move into their long-term home at QBE Stadium, Albany, for the 2019/2020 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
American TV channel Game Show Network, a channel that Australia should pick up, has recently changed its logo.

(Blue and Green were 2 of this logo's many colours used.

Its newest logo is somewhat modern retro for that channel's logo history.

The latest logo is a mix of the following 2.

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
Is there a thread about AFL team logos? I’m keen to discuss the Bombers. Surely it’s time they refreshed their logo. Oldest in the league (?) and attached to their drug era ...

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Is there a thread about AFL team logos? I’m keen to discuss the Bombers. Surely it’s time they refreshed their logo. Oldest in the league (?) and attached to their drug era ...

This is a thread about all logos so go right ahead.

Agree that they do need a new logo.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants

Ahem, the Saints still exist.
I agree though, it doesn’t suit what is such a historic club that prides itself on tradition.

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
Ahem, the Saints still exist.
I agree though, it doesn’t suit what is such a historic club that prides itself on tradition.

Oldest as in longest time without a refresh. I believe every club has had a refresh since the Bombers unveiled their current logo.

So much potential to have a classic logo with the EFC monogram I reckon.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

Long overdue - especially considering it was never great to begin with and there doesn’t really seems to be any strong affinity from the support base - bit like the Eagles old one I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back