Luke Davis-Uniacke. Will he ever live up to the media hype that he receives?

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I have seen of Will Phillips he is a very sound selection, but I am scratching my head as to why he is not being selected at present. As for Davies-Maniac, he got going quite nicely towards the end of 2020, and really looked at home in AFL ranks.

Phillips had a minor injury throughout the preseason and hadn’t played a full game for 18 months. He played his first full praccy match on the weekend and got plenty of it.

I dare say he will be in this week or next week at the latest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s about 10 pages of articles on this bloke from the herald sun and the afl site claiming he’s on the verge of a massive season. And talking up how good he is. I have never understood the hype for this guy. He’s soft as butter. Doesn’t kick goals and doesn’t have a tank. Why do North fans and the AFL media keep hyping him up?

Can we get some links to the hype?

I’ve heard nothing about him being a breakout star.

Promising talent I guess. Weird that a proven performer like Goldstein gets zero hype his whole career while some other kids show glimpses and get talked up like the next big thing (Mason Wood, Shaun Atley, Luke McDonald) etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have seen of Will Phillips he is a very sound selection, but I am scratching my head as to why he is not being selected at present. As for Davies-Maniac, he got going quite nicely towards the end of 2020, and really looked at home in AFL ranks.
WP has played a single game of football in something like 18-months and that was on the weekend. Give him some games in the 2nds to work on his match fitness and give him a run then.

Played thirty games, had a few shoulder recos and had OP last year. His first quarter against Port was fantastic, one of the best quarters I've seen since Swallow got about a million contested possessions against Adelaide.

He needs to work on being in a game for the full four quarters but realistically he's 1.5 seasons into AFL footy. It should come. Cerra gets a big wrap, has played twice as many games, and their stats are virtually indistinguishable over their careers.

Nah. Just North fans whenever he torches his spud teammates during the pre-season. Whenever the real stuff starts, he’s hot garbage. North fans then trot out the “he just needs another pre-season under his belt” excuse.
lol. What makes him garbage exactly? He may not be a gun player at this point of time but he's decent as of right now, would get a gig in most sides IMO.

He's played four quarters of footy in 18 months once and about 6 all up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back