Strategy Lukosius All In POLL

Should AFC trade 3 late 1st round picks for pick 1 (Lukosius)

• No way!

• Let's go for it

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok, so how would you feel if AFC gets the opportunity and trades 3 late first round picks for 2018's pick 1 from whoever holds it in order to secure Jack Lukosius?

Angry, very angry!

[giphy.com] giphy 3 [e].gif
[tiemposbuenos.tumblr.com] ngrcz...2o1 [e].gif

Gimme the dice!

[livegeorgia.tk] shooting-craps [e].gif

That fence doesn't look too uncomfortable :$

[bryantfence.com] TRADITIONAL-ENGLISH-930.350 [e].jpg

It's a bit of a gamble but 2 late first round picks is not likely to tempt whoever has pick 1 so 3 are probably needed.

Keep in mind though that later picks will likey come back to AFC since the club getting 3 1st rounders will then likely have more picks than they can use and this is probably a good year for Hamish to work his magic with late picks.

Last edited:

Absolutely 100% No.

Trading out 3 first rounders in a very strong draft is just incredibly stupid. Even if Lukosius becomes the next Wayne Carey, it just brings it down to stupid.

I am a maybe

But I lean more to using those 3 picks getting nuggets in the draft. I am also open to keeping Sloane and Lynch or moving them on or using their draft picks .

Mm that fence feels so soft
But remember, we will have later picks anyway - whether as picks coming back from the other club or we can have as many late picks as we have list positions ... Hamish Magic!

I think given his gambling, drinking, drug and alcohol issues as well as his dodgey head, shoulders, knees and toes, I'd be willing to use our third round pick on him only. No club in their right mind would use anything earlier though.

Edit: These are facts members of the press who read these forums, feel free to report this.

Last edited:
Is building your side around a gun key forward a relic of yesteryear? Still feels like some clubs are chasing North Melbourne and Carey of the 90s, trying to find 'our version.' Tom Boyd, Patty McCartin at #1, Tom Lynch (GC) possible trade this year, Tippett

That said, Franklin was handy for the Hawks.

I'd do it to be honest. Even though we're good at drafting we'd struggle to have 3/3 hits and also be able to find spots for all of them to play. Milera is still a couple of bad games from missing selection, Doedee is only playing at all because someone else left. Just picking good kids is only part of the equation. Heaps of other factors have to go right.

Let's say Lukosius goes elsewhere. In a few years we try to get him back. It would cost us more - a couple of top 10 picks maybe. More? Plus a $1m per year to prise him loose.

Get him on the books now, extend him early. Lower yearly cost in the future to keep him because he's already here and is at home. A stitch in time saves nine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so i'm certainly fence sitting. here is the argument:

the 2001 superdraft:
Priority 1 Luke Hodge Geelong Falcons Hawthorn
Priority 2 Luke Ball Sandringham Dragons St Kilda
Priority 3 Chris Judd Sandringham Dragons West Coast Eagles
1 4 Graham Polak East Fremantle Fremantle
1 5 Xavier Clarke St Mary's St Kilda
1 6 Ashley Sampi South Fremantle West Coast Eagles
1 7 David Hale Broadbeach Kangaroos
1 8 Jimmy Bartel Geelong Falcons Geelong
1 9 Luke Molan Geelong Falcons Melbourne
1 10 Sam Power Oakleigh Chargers Western Bulldogs
1 11 Richard Cole Eastern Ranges Collingwood
1 12 Brent Reilly Calder Cannons Adelaide
1 13 Nick Dal Santo Bendigo Pioneers St Kilda
1 14 Ashley Watson Bendigo Pioneers Kangaroos
1 15 Barry Brooks Tassie Mariners Port Adelaide
1 16 Rick Ladson Bendigo Pioneers Hawthorn
1 17 James Kelly Calder Cannons Geelong
1 18 Shane Harvey Northern Knights Essendon
1 19 Jason Gram Gippsland Power Brisbane Lions

So basically the best case scenario with 3 picks after 10 is- Bartel, Dal Santo & Kelly. The worst case is Shane Harvey, Barry Brooks & Luke Molan. SO if you absolutely nail it and get the 1st three its probably worth using all 3 picks. If you are even a little off you probably should have traded.

IF we lose Sloane there is no doubt in my mind we will trade up.

The shine wears off new players very quickly. I don't think it's ever wise to get overly excited about any specific prospect pre-draft, no draftee is ever a guaranteed star in the making.

Furthermore, the best in the competition don't always come from the first few picks in the draft. So we may still have a good chance of finding a star with the handful of first rounders we're likely to have, particularly in this reportedly strong draft.

Also for reference
Father-son-bidding-system_Page_07.jpg

15 + 19 = 4... Hello saints!

It's an interesting one.

I'd rather Dustin Martin over all three of Milera, Doedee and Gallucci

But I'd rather Talia, Smith and Matt Crouch over Dustin Martin
Basically the gist of it... right now, knowing what we know, you’d give up 3 late firsts for Dustin.

But you’d be absolutely stupid to give up 3 for a bloke who hasn’t ever played a game at AFL level. Whilst he looks bloody good right now.. Jack Lukosius could end up being another watts or McCartin..

That being said, if we lose Sloane and Lynch and end up with 4 x 1sts, and they are still all later first round picks, plus Carlton’s second (pretty close to a first)... I’d be happy to trade up two of these to get into the Rankine/Hately range.. getting us one of them and using the remaining to net three other Ogilvie specials..

Jack L to Carlton or Brisbane... and tell him we will trade for him at the very moment he wants to come home..

I'd do two picks, but three top 20 picks is too many.

Besides that, I think we need mids and players with a bit of pace and X-factor (our current lot of smaller players are pretty one-paced).

Back