List Mgmt. Lycett to Port confirmed according to Foxsports...

Remove this Banner Ad

May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ex...b/news-story/b2cacf33223aaeede1970cd9728f7a43

"WEST Coast ruckman Scott Lycett will not be at St Kilda next year, telling the club Port Adelaide is his preferred destination.

The Saints made a significant play for the ruckman but were pipped by the Power, which foxfooty.com.au understands have won the race for Lycett on a long-term deal.

With West Coast involved in finals and able to match any rival offer due to Lycett’s restricted free agency status, a move will not become official until early October."

So we're back to square one with 0 1st rucks next year like 2017...
Why would he leave if he's the main man next year with us and possibly beyond?

It is a weird move to go to Port- he wants to be a #1 ruck but he will be in the exact same spot at Port as he is here.

Plus I think they’re on the downward trend anyway. Polec (their best outside mid) is supposedly out the door.

Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Ebert, Dixon, Ryder, Rockliff, Hartlett are all 28 +, Motlop, Pittard & Watts will all be 28 by the time next year comes around.

That’s a lot of players in your best 22 who are moving outside of their prime. I don’t see the kids coming through as quickly, even though from what I’ve read from the president & such they believe they’re a young team.

I don’t see a big future in Port beyond next year. But I suppose for Lycett you take the money and run, I’m not sure we 100% rate him as a pure #1 ruck. I think he will regret it later on.

Don't most of the media hear it from a mate who knows a guy, who has a cousin, whose mate works with a guy that is related twice removed from an uncle that knows Lycett managers mate.

Not sure if this would be something that would be on the cards with the club playing finals

A couple of thoughts
It may not be true
He isn't a true dominant ruckman and we can cover the loss
We will certainly match and trade if it is true (Ebert karma)

It is a weird move to go to Port- he wants to be a #1 ruck but he will be in the exact same spot at Port as he is here.

Plus I think they’re on the downward trend anyway. Polec (their best outside mid) is supposedly out the door.

Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Ebert, Dixon, Ryder, Rockliff, Hartlett are all 28 +, Motlop, Pittard & Watts will all be 28 by the time next year comes around.

That’s a lot of players in your best 22 who are moving outside of their prime. I don’t see the kids coming through as quickly, even though from what I’ve read from the president & such they believe they’re a young team.

I don’t see a big future in Port beyond next year. But I suppose for Lycett you take the money and run, I’m not sure we 100% rate him as a pure #1 ruck. I think he will regret it later on.
Business decision. They've obviously offered a lot of money and he will cash in. Nothing against our club.

A couple of thoughts
It may not be true
He isn't a true dominant ruckman and we can cover the loss
We will certainly match and trade if it is true (Ebert karma)
If they are offering a big deal as its being reported, we wont bother matching. The compo will be enough.

Cant blame scotty if port are throwing massive cash at him .

Feel a bit sorry for him if he goes TBH .

Port have really dug the boots into rockliff watts and motlop this year when everything went to s**t .

Lycett will have to play out of his skin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes sense

I hope he’s told our club he’s going if he’s going

It’s why Roughead and hickey have been spoken to

Ok so we pick up a free agent .....

It’s a shame but the Players wanted free agency .....they want yo be Able to nominate where they go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back