Lyle Shelton to run for Senate.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ian-conservatives-senate-ticket-in-queensland
Usual crap coming out of his mouth.
Shelton said he hoped to offer Queenslanders a conservative alternative at the next federal election.

If elected, he would oppose “political correctness, gender ideology and social Marxism”.

“By working together, conservatives across our state can put a handbrake on the extreme elite ideologies that have infected Canberra,” he said.
Good on him for putting his money where his mouth is for once, and also confirming once and for all he's just another conservative draping himself in the bible for political convenience. I suspect it will also be a wake up call for him and hopefully it will make him realise he is not in part of some sort of silent majority, and that he and his ilk are just some noisy minority shouting at clouds from the sideline.

Nobody has been elected for the Australian Conservatives and I don't expect that to change. The Coalition for years now has been actively recruiting Jesus types who were in Family First and other dead or near enough microparties. When Turnbull goes they will become an even more right wing party. For voters wanting more explicit xenophobia and racism and a feeling of "sticking it to the establishment" One Nation is back in town. Where does Corey Bernardi's social conservatism + Thatcher worship fit into that? It doesn't.

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ian-conservatives-senate-ticket-in-queensland
Usual crap coming out of his mouth.

Good on him for putting his money where his mouth is for once, and also confirming once and for all he's just another conservative draping himself in the bible for political convenience. I suspect it will also be a wake up call for him and hopefully it will make him realise he is not in part of some sort of silent majority, and that he and his ilk are just some noisy minority shouting at clouds from the sideline.

Probably couldn't get Liberal preselection.

I am so glad Lyle is standing. We need more men like him in Canberra (but obviously not women).

And he has made a smart choice standing in Queensland, with its solid track record of electing sensible parties like One Nation and Clive Palmer's party.

Unlike those godless Sodom and Gomorrah cities of the south, Sydney and Melbourne, full of leftist hipsters, queers and middle eastern, asian and other people we should never have allowed in.

Godspeed, Lyle.

Good another chance for Shelton to embarrass himself.

You would have thought taking such an embarrassing defeat as leader of the NO campaign he would realize that he is irrelevant and laughed at by the majority of Australians. But onward Christian Soldier.

He will be getting the "honour" of being put last on my Senate ticket.

Is it possible for me to say that I'm enjoying watching the Australian Conservative fall, if they never really rose?

Perhaps just fail. I'm really enjoying watching the Australian Conservatives fail.

It's going to be SO satisfying watching them make all this noise and run these talking points and then get no votes.

I'm so glad Bernardi did this. I only wish Christianson had done it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure all of the silent majority will vote for him.
Sure as s**t the trogs rolled that line out in the abortion referendum in Ireland. When the exit polls looked like s**t for them out came the old we don't like to voice our opinion for fear of reprisals excuse.

xXReRJNstqEhelQIueFjoDjuysRXVymhxIvBHGv02yo.jpg

He's such a bell-end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back