Current Major incident at Bondi Junction

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever had an original thought in your life?

I *in hate those mra dickheads lmao.
Maybe stop using their arguments then

No. The fact you're trying to blame women, when most violence is clearly done by men.

Barbie movie is arthouse. And beach house etc.

I think you'll find its referred to as a Mojo Dojo Casa House by the Kens

Yeah nah. As bunk said its reductive.

Gendered violence and mental health can both exist as issues that need to be addressed.
Yes they can
But why is it that when a white man targets and kills multiple women they want to call it a mental health issue?

AFR is reporting a dispute has opened between what Westfield CEO is saying and what was actually happening at Westfield Bondi re emergency management planning including armed offender drills for all retailers.

Maybe it only happens for the major retailers there.

It should all come out in the inquiry into security there.

'Westfield, retailers at odds over pre-attack drills'

'Apr 16, 2024 – 6.25pm
'Various Westfield Bondi Junction retail store managers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity from not wanting to risk their jobs, said the shopping centre only offered fire and natural disaster training and drills.
Scentre Group chief executive Elliott Rusanow disputed that on Tuesday, saying the ASX-listed company did include armed offender drills for retailers in its regular emergency management planning.

“At each of our centres, we provide training and resources and we drill on a number of scenarios, including active armed offender,” Mr Rusanow said in response to questions from The Australian Financial Review on Tuesday.

“We also conduct regular evacuation drills. These are often conducted in partnership with emergency services. Both our people and business partners participate in this.”
...'

Quoted from below article:
"Police in NSW, Victoria and Queensland each have their own “fixated threat units” made up police officers and psychiatric experts to monitor, support and prevent harm from individuals who show a fixation with prominent people or particular ideologies and themes.
In past years, these units have been expanded to also focus on “grievance-fuelled violence” and perpetrators who act out and commit mass harm after becoming agitated by a particular situation or issue which, according to experts, is increasingly related to gender and domestic affairs.
“We’re seeing the boundaries between lone acts of violent extremism, fixation and sometimes domestic violence and intimate partner homicide, Incel-related violence and hate crimes and school-related crime … the boundaries that we’ve previously tried to put these people in are blurring,” associate professor Emily Corner told The Australian Financial Review.
“The people who present a serious security threat and risk of mass harm to the public don’t just look like terrorists any more, nor do they just look like they have poor mental health.”
She said that while police forces locally and around the world were getting better at sharing information between fixated threat units and other divisions, such as domestic violence or gender-based crime, the links need to be formalised to help reduce the risk of events such as the Bondi attack or another Bourke Street massacre.

For a long time, people just said ‘it’s either terrorism or its mental health, or its fixation’ but actually, it’s not a case of either/or. When we look into what’s driving these kinds of violence, they’re all very similar.”

“There is a very disproportionate emphasis on the threat of terrorism [inside fixated and grievance-fulled threat units] as opposed to the threat of domestic and gender terrorism,” QUT professor Kerry Carrington said. “And if you put an event like [Saturday’s attack] through that lens – that these acts are a form of gender terrorism – the number of people killed is getting higher and higher.”

"We see incidents like this, time and time again – incel murderer Elliot Rodger springs to mind – but we continually fail to acknowledge misogyny as an ideology.

But why? Who do we keep denying that hatred of women is both a crime and a deep-rooted mindset, flaunted by shameless misogynists like Andrew Tate? Just look at the comments from the Sydney attacker’s father, Andrew Cauchi, who told reporters on Monday he was devastated by the news of the attack and revealed he has previously confiscated knives from his son: “He wanted a girlfriend and he has no social skills and he was frustrated out of his brain,” he told The Australian newspaper.

Here we can clearly see an “incel” mindset, but a refusal to name it for what it is.

"Why is violence against women and girls (VAWG) so commonly attributed to mental illness, as in Cauchi’s case? If you’re going to keep claiming that “mental illness” causes men to go on killing sprees, you are going to need to explain why millions of people also diagnosed with the exact same “mental illnesses” never hurt a fly – and why there is not a single “mental illness” in the DSM/ICD disease and illness classifications listed as increasing the risk of committing mass murder."

Last edited:
Why is it that when a white man targets and kills multiple women they want to call it a mental health issue?
How often does this actually happen though?

Only time I recall was that guy in San Bernadino and the “incel” movement got plenty of attention.

I understand “mental health” can be a catch-all for any kind of mental distress but schizophrenia can cause a complete disconnection from reality thus significantly diminish culpability. This is an unequivocal fact and there is sadly a lot of evidence that mental health played a large role in this particular tragedy.

You’re right though, it is always white men isn’t it? Get rid of all of them I say. Would make my life easier!

How often does this actually happen though?
How often do white men kill women and it's blamed on mental illness?
A lot

Only time I recall was that guy in San Bernadino and the “incel” movement got plenty of attention.
As they should
I understand “mental health” can be a catch-all for any kind of mental distress but schizophrenia can cause a complete disconnection from reality thus significantly diminish culpability. This is an unequivocal fact and there is sadly a lot of evidence that mental health played a large role in this particular tragedy.
This is just looking for an excuse that makes it not gendered violence
An out
Schizophrenia might explain a lot of his problems he's experienced over his life, largely in relation to how society treats people with mental illness

But I think we've got plenty of well documented reasons why men attack women that have literally nothing to do with schizophrenia and we should start there

You’re right though, it is always white men isn’t it? Get rid of all of them I say. Would make my life easier!
In this country it's largely white men because white men are the largest demographic
Yes everyone was assuming he wasn't white and it was a terrorist attack at that point not mental illness.

Just like the 15 year old that stabbed a priest has been called terrorism by the cops immediately

This might even drag Boikov as Aussie Cossack, out of the Russian Embassy if Channel 7 will probably want to quietly settle it.
There's no way channel 7 will want to fight this defamation suit alongside the likes of Bolkov, Thomas Sewell and that Syrian born conspiracy theorist. They'll settle as quickly as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guardian article from 2022

Experts fear rising global ‘incel’ culture could provoke terrorism​

Almost 1,000 references to misogyny and violent action are recorded each day on dedicated incel forums

"Analysis of the incel movement found that online references to inflicting violence and extremely degrading language on dedicated incel forums are running eight times higher than in 2016, when researchers first began tracking misogynist content on the internet.
Academics from the University of Exeter also noted an increasing overlap between incel followers and the far right, with online algorithms blamed for pushing young boys towards extreme rightwing ideology.
Lewys Brace, who advises the government on extremism, led a long-term study that recorded, on average, 112 references a day to extreme misogynistic terms along with words “punch, stab, shoot, attack” in 2016 on dedicated incel forums."

Brace, a lecturer in data analysis at Exeter, said: “The incelosphere is definitely growing and diversifying and has increased in the toxicity of its discussions since 2016.
“The cross pollination of ideologies is helping to drive this.”
He singled out YouTube whose content recommendation algorithms, he claimed, had in the past pushed users “towards increasingly extreme content; particularly in the case of anti-woman/feminist content”.

"Why is violence against women and girls (VAWG) so commonly attributed to mental illness, as in Cauchi’s case? If you’re going to keep claiming that “mental illness” causes men to go on killing sprees, you are going to need to explain why millions of people also diagnosed with the exact same “mental illnesses” never hurt a fly – and why there is not a single “mental illness” in the DSM/ICD disease and illness classifications listed as increasing the risk of committing mass murder."

There's no way channel 7 will want to fight this defamation suit alongside the likes of Bolkov, Thomas Sewell and that Syrian born conspiracy theorist. They'll settle as quickly as possible.

Channel 7 will be where the money is but Boikov and Susli could get dragged as examples of how much damage doxxing someone like this can do.

The government might be interested in seeing Boikov held to some account.

Channel 7 will be where the money is but Boikov and Susli could get dragged as examples of how much damage doxxing someone like this can do.

The government might be interested in seeing Boikov held to some account.
Boikov will probably fall out of a window before he is held to account.

I really do not like the way mental illness is in quotation marks like that.

Mental illness is a real thing and it is also an enormous catch all phrase for everything from depression to NPD and the various types of mental illness are as varied as physical illnesses. It would be like just referring to physical illness to encompass everything from a broken leg to heart failure.

Cauchi had schizophrenia, so any reference to mental illness has to look at this in terms of the specifics of schizophrenia. We have also been told that he used psychedelics and meth.

Recent research indicates that schizophrenics might be more dangerous than the average person, as in schizophrenia may be a more violent disorder than originally thought. We know that meth increases the likelihood of violence. Recent research indicates that the combination of schizophrenia and meth may substantially increase the risk of violence.

Also, people having psychotic episodes are not usually rational. It’s very difficult to comprehend the way people filter and process information in that situation and you can’t just apply motives the way you do for a rational person.

While generally we often look at men’s violence as mental health related rather than motivated by misogyny, regardless of merit, this particular instance is really not a great example of that. It is thoroughly disingenuous to ignore schizophrenia and meth use here.

And before anyone jumps on me, I was the first person to raise the women angle in this thread somewhere around page 4.

The dude was clearly nuts but I don't think he had a hatred of Women as such, I'd say he was just a weak piece of s**t who wanted to cause maximum carnage and chose what he perceived as soft targets for that reason.

He killed a Man, but didnt want a bar of the big guy, I bet if he had a gun rather than a knife he'd have been less discretionary.

Last edited:
This might even drag Boikov as Aussie Cossack, out of the Russian Embassy if Channel 7 will probably want to quietly settle it.

View attachment 1961402

Ben seemed like a well grounded young man.
Hopefully Seven don't drag things out in the legal negotiation.

With McWilliams now gone from Seven (assuming he is not doing consulting work for them), negotiating with Seven might work a little differently now.

'Positively manifesting post-Bruce Lehrmann

Mark Di Stefano
Updated Apr 16, 2024 – 5.55pm, first published at 5.31pm

Doesn’t the universe work in mysterious ways? Not 24 hours after this column dropped a (quite obvious) gag that Rebekah Giles should head to Seven’s HQ to negotiate the easiest defamation payout on offer, well, knock us down with a feather, it came true.

We’re informed the country’s foremost defo warrior’s newest client is Ben Cohen, the university student dreadfully misidentified as the Bondi Junction mass murderer by a legion of bad faith sewer rats, but also, unbelievably, Seven West Media’s news apparatus.

Hours after the Westfield massacre, online trolls did what they do, eventually settling on blaming the UTS student, seemingly for his beard and Jewish name.

And, as police remained silent on the man’s true identity first thing on Sunday morning, several Sunrise presenters named Cohen as the “40-year-old lone-wolf attacker” during a package and live-cross subsequently published online and spread around the globe.

Cohen (with Giles in his corner) appears to be naturally now seeking financial damages for the egregious error.

What a time Seven is having! James Warburton‘s doing a CEO hand-over, late-night text addict Bruce McWilliam’s gone, and when staff aren’t fanning the flames of an antisemitic online horde, the network’s trying to calm them about revelations its newsroom provided material support to Bruce Lehrmann, now Australia’s most famous rapist.

There’s also the advertisers to think about.

Seven West Media’s revenue heavily relies on the country’s blue-chip companies shelling out millions in ad buys to have their brands placed against family-orientated TV such as Farmer Wants a Wife and My Kitchen Rules.

Surely, there comes a point where stink of scandal starts sticking to those commercial relationships. And we’re not the only ones pointing it out.

After former senior ad executive Mat Baxter took to LinkedIn to argue that Seven was “in danger of becoming a liability for clients” because it “doesn’t currently exemplify the qualities [or safety] marketers are looking for”
...'

Do you have a source/link for verified evidence that he was taking psychedelics/ice as opposed to speculation.
It was mentioned by police in one of their conferences - specifically psychedelics and methamphetamine - and is in one of the articles a few pages back. I heard it in the conference and it was definitely in one of the articles I posted.

ETA: Here's a couple I found, although it was a different article I linked to previously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back