Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm praying he starts against RB next CL game if we have any chance in defence.

I'd like to see that too but Maguire and Lindelof will be more than adequate as Leipzig are not a team with a lot of firepower. Angelino is their top scorer this season, from left back. They've really struggled to replace Werner.

I'd like to see that too but Maguire and Lindelof will be more than adequate as Leipzig are not a team with a lot of firepower. Angelino is their top scorer this season, from left back. They've really struggled to replace Werner.
Yeah says a lot doesn't it.

Can throw those facts out the window against us though, a no name will likely pop up and score 2 for RB against us.

Can throw those facts out the window against us though, a no name will likely pop up and score 2 for RB against us.

I get the frustration after the result this morning but it was against a top opponent. Lets not forget that we won 5-0 against Leipzig last time.

Leipzig need to win as well, which will only play into our hands as they couldn't cope with our counter attacks last time out. It would be a disaster if we don't get a point here.

Ok, great chance to move to 19pts, 2pts behind leaders Tottenham & Liverpool, can we get the win? Will be a tough game, but with our away form I think we should get the job done.

Don’t think anything’s happened with Cavani yet so assume he should be right to play. Probably keep going with Martial in the starting line-up despite his dismal season so far, needs to get himself out of this rut.

Prediction, West Ham 1-2 Man Utd, VDB and Cavani to score for us.

Carelessly giving the ball away time and time again, then concede a cheap goal.

Lindelof and Maguire have been at their absolute shocking best again so far. Dismal performance yet not unexpected.

Is anyone else going in to our league games fully expecting to concede first and start slowly? There's a worrying pattern here.

What a tale of two halves, which just shows how important Bruno is. We didn't create a single meaningful chance at goal in the entire first half. His team mates visibly lift when he's on the field and we've now taken more points than any other PL side since Bruno made his debut in Feb. Love seeing the extreme mental gymnastics that opposition fans go through to convince themselves that he's not that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else going in to our league games fully expecting to concede first and start slowly? There's a worrying pattern here.

What a tale of two halves, which just shows how important Bruno is. We didn't create a single meaningful chance at goal in the entire first half. His team mates visibly lift when he's on the field and we've now taken more points than any other PL side since Bruno made his debut in Feb. Love seeing the extreme mental gymnastics that opposition fans go through to convince themselves that he's not that good.

It is worrying, I mean, without Bruno we’d be well and truly bottom half in the league, he is so important it’s not funny. The GD threads are funny with everyone talking him down like he’s some championship footballer.

Lucky not to be down 3-0 at the half. Yeah we got the 3 points and the 2nd half was far better, but make no mistake we’ve sunk to relying purely on good fortune to beat the likes of West Ham and Brom.

Better extend Ole and lock him away after those crushing victories before other clubs come circling.

Good win would've been better if they played like that in the first half.

Pogba with a nice crack and had a good game onwards, need him to get some form going.

The changes Ole got right but he needs to be more consistent with those and can we stop going down all the time so we have to work harder for a comeback sooner or later that will catch up to us.

Onto RB hopefully come away with a positive result we only need to draw to advance.

Lucky not to be down 3-0 at the half. Yeah we got the 3 points and the 2nd half was far better, but make no mistake we’ve sunk to relying purely on good fortune to beat the likes of West Ham and Brom.

Better extend Ole and lock him away after those crushing victories before other clubs come circling.
Did get lucky in that first half first 20-25 mins though we controlled the game but just couldn't create an attack then they score through a set piece.

Ole seems 50/50 atm in games to get the changes right.

I’m still not convinced in games with how we play, our set-up and of course Ole’s in game changes. Like I’ve said, it really all hinges on whether or not Fernandes turns up or has the juice to perform at a high intensity.

First half when he was on the bench we looked clueless, we were horrid, and west ham could’ve had 3 goals, that’s then game over.

We are on 19pts, and if we happen to beat City we will move to 22pts and looking at the table you’d say we are in the picture, but I think we are still a fair, fair way off Tottenham & Liverpool, and to an extent Chelsea.

I’m still not convinced in games with how we play, our set-up and of course Ole’s in game changes. Like I’ve said, it really all hinges on whether or not Fernandes turns up or has the juice to perform at a high intensity.

First half when he was on the bench we looked clueless, we were horrid, and west ham could’ve had 3 goals, that’s then game over.

We are on 19pts, and if we happen to beat City we will move to 22pts and looking at the table you’d say we are in the picture, but I think we are still a fair, fair way off Tottenham & Liverpool, and to an extent Chelsea.
Definitely agree with you on the Bruno part for sure, without him we'd be where Arsenal are now.

What amazes me is that yes we are only 3 points off the top of the table and we haven't even played our best football imo.

Mino Raiola has stated that Pogba has no intention of renewing. Ordinarily I'd be furious about that but now I suspect that the decision is mutual and he's been told by the club that he's not in their future plans. Good riddance.

For so long I thought our problem was that we didn't have the right supporting cast around Pogba to maximise his talent but Bruno has shattered that myth. The game this weekend was a real lightbulb shattering moment that made me realise that Pogba was the problem all along.

Technically he was fine in that game and demonstrated his outrageous ability by scoring a stunning goal...but he was our most creative player on the pitch in that first half and we didn't create a single meaningful chance on goal. If you watch that first half again he doesn't really do anything wrong but the complete lack of intensity in his game is apparent...watch how long it takes him to release a pass, or how many unnecessary touches he takes before making a simple side pass. He makes our attacking movement glacially slow. Whereas Bruno and even DVB are direct and play with much more urgency, which makes us look so much better as a team.

Mino Raiola has stated that Pogba has no intention of renewing. Ordinarily I'd be furious about that but now I suspect that the decision is mutual and he's been told by the club that he's not in their future plans. Good riddance.

For so long I thought our problem was that we didn't have the right supporting cast around Pogba to maximise his talent but Bruno has shattered that myth. The game this weekend was a real lightbulb shattering moment that made me realise that Pogba was the problem all along.

Technically he was fine in that game and demonstrated his outrageous ability by scoring a stunning goal...but he was our most creative player on the pitch in that first half and we didn't create a single meaningful chance on goal. If you watch that first half again he doesn't really do anything wrong but the complete lack of intensity in his game is apparent...watch how long it takes him to release a pass, or how many unnecessary touches he takes before making a simple side pass. He makes our attacking movement glacially slow. Whereas Bruno and even DVB are direct and play with much more urgency, which makes us look so much better as a team.

Said it a while back, felt like Donny was brought in early as the eventual successor to Pogba, his time is up.

Pretty sad how he has gone about it so immature to have your agent come out like that to the public but still we play better without him anyways.

He should leave only if we get what we want from him and that is it otherwise the club shouldn't budge at all if we don't get what we want.

Pretty sad how he has gone about it so immature to have your agent come out like that to the public but still we play better without him anyways.

He should leave only if we get what we want from him and that is it otherwise the club shouldn't budge at all if we don't get what we want.

Mino is pushing for a return to Juventus, wonder how linked this all is to the recent murmurs of Ronaldo back to United.

Anyway. Enough is enough from the Pogba camp, this is the point of no return now, cowardly from Pogba, if Ole has any balls Pogba doesn't train or play for United again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back