MRP / Trib. Mansell Suspended 3 Weeks - Suspension Upheld

Remove this Banner Ad

Rhyan Mansell has been sent directly to the tribunal for his clash with James Aish last night

A direct referral to the tribunal means a guilty verdict would equate to 3 weeks suspension, for a player contested a loose ball bouncing in the open field, who never took his eyes off the ball and only braced for contact when it became inevitable.

The incident has been classified as careless conduct, severe impact and high contact, with Mansell facing a minimum of three weeks on the sidelines if found guilty by the Tribunal.

Last edited:

Rhyan Mansell has been sent directly to the tribunal for his clash with James Aish last night

A direct referral to the tribunal means a guilty verdict would equate to 3 weeks suspension, for a player contested a loose ball bouncing in the open field, who never took his eyes off the ball and only braced for contact when it became inevitable.
well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was really just contesting the loose ball. There was an angle they showed last night where you can see Mansell look at Aish - that will count against him, so will the fact he was concussed. BUT his feet never left the ground, he basically just braced for contact at the last second and it was a 50-50 ball - I'm not sure what his options were? Move out the way? It will be interesting to see how this is interpreted.

Pretty sure I cracked the code last night, folks.

It all made sense after a coupla drinks, they're like feckin' clones of each other.

ChristianSHocking.png

TELEMMGLPICT000001462176_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqQy9PD15eUkqavetdgTSt91ja2mX26J80XmWOmnRoe94.jpeg

it was a hip! not even a shoulder. media led campaign. it’s not netball.

This is important. Mansell used the safest possible bumping technique in leading with the hip. The only way he could have been more careful was to elect not to contest the ball. For him to be found guilty the Tribunal will effectively be saying for the first time ever, if you contest a disputed ball and the opponent ends up concussed, you will automatically be deemed careless in intent.

That is not sensible, and he will be found not guilty of the charge imo.

This shits me, careless, severe and high it's classified. We have no chance contesting high because it was a head knock and severe because he was concussed. Our only way to beat the charge is challenging the classification of careless.
AFL tribunal states
1686475129543.png
The key part being "a Player will be careless if they breach their duty to take reasonable care to avoid acts which can be reasonably forseen".
We need to successfully argue that Mansell only had eyes on the ball, both players did, both players were within their rights to contest the ball together and the time taken to avoid contact was unreasonable to expect Mansell to slow down or stop.

I can't see the AFL over turning it because they are assholes but if this is considered as bad as what Degoey or Pickett did then the AFL can GAGF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back