Player Watch Mark Keane - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Caller into 5AA said it was Matt Rendell that rang the club and said to make contact with Keane. * he knew how to spot talent
Did they give any more detail? I think Rendell was gone from Collingwood before Keane got there, and the story in that article above indicates that Keane got in touch with us himself.

My mate is a pies fan. He says Collingwood were grooming him for the retirement of Roughead. Covid caused havoc with these plans and he somehow became available.

Awesome upside incoming.
Awesome pickup by the club.
I am guessing they would far prefer to have Keane down back instead of Frampton; they're actually quite light on KPD stocks with the Murphy retirement.

Did they give any more detail? I think Rendell was gone from Collingwood before Keane got there, and the story in that article above indicates that Keane got in touch with us himself.
Sounds a bit urban legend-y doesn't it? Especially when the one who can confirm or deny has passed away. The other article really made it seem like it was the reverse.

"It was January, club lists were presumably finalised.

But Clarke alerted him to Fischer McAsey’s retirement leaving a vacancy on Adelaide’s list."

Going by that, I would say no.
But who knows if we had an eye on him and other Irish lads with a possibility of getting them in somehow
So has Fischer McAsey gone from another wasted pick to the gift that keeps on giving?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading through the Collingwood thread about Keane on their site is amusing. Won't make it, no game sense, let his team mates down etc.

Enjoy Frampton.

Frampton is the Cheap as Chips version

Reading through the Collingwood thread about Keane on their site is amusing. Won't make it, no game sense, let his team mates down etc.

Enjoy Frampton.
Hi
Just wanna say Keane is def going well most pie vfl watchers thought he may make it and dissapointed he left

On frampton mate he is killing it in defence and is a premiership player....he has really come of age...just like Keane

Lastly rumours Keane is keen to return to Melbourne and pies are circling

Ch7 reported a few minutes ago that Collingwood have had a chat with Keane and put a bigger offer on the table than the Crows have to get Keane back.

Ch7 reported a few minutes ago that Collingwood have had a chat with Keane and put a bigger offer on the table than the Crows have to get Keane back.
We can easily extend him & match anything Pies are offering.

He is happy here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back