Rumour Matt Thomas to join Chaplin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick was no cast-off as I remember it. More like a hired gun in the football sense of the word. Pretty sure Sheedy was pissed that he lost him (squeezed out by salary cap I think it was).
Yes, that's correct.

An interesting fact about Hardwick is that he played for the minor premier in each of his last 6 seasons. 3 in a row for Essendon and then 3 in a row for Port.

Yes, that's correct.

An interesting fact about Hardwick is that he played for the minor premier in each of his last 6 seasons. 3 in a row for Essendon and then 3 in a row for Port.

That's one of my favourite stats. And just to add to it, he won 6 minor premierships for only 2 premierships.

Damien Hardwick: Greatest choker of all time :p

That article's all conjecture.

Though I certainly would never begrudge Thomas for taking the opportunity to extend his career else where. Best of luck Matty.

Agree a move would be good for BMT. Who could get upset for a player moving on to get better opportunities for game time.

You'd think he would be erring on the side of caution after today's game.
I think caution was once again Richmonds problem. Its finals grow some aggots and have a crack. He wont go to the Tiges anyway. If he goes any where it will be carlton or off to the sunny state. Might even stay at Port.

Richmond pussy cats would need 100 Matt Thomas's in their team to make up for the melted ice cream called Chaplin in their side.
Thats what happens when you take a home and away game plan into a final. Still it has been so long since they actually played a final maybe they forgot. Should have smashed carlton today. Finals is all about congested footy and run run run.

Commentators got stuck into Chaplin during the game after he dropped a couple of crucial marks that gifted goals to Carlton.

Unfortunately i didnt see the game as i was travelling back after watching my club win a final. So didnt Xavier the Saviour live up to his self imposed new nick?

Commentators got stuck into Chaplin during the game after he dropped a couple of crucial marks that gifted goals to Carlton.

Was looking out for Chaplin during the match and I barely sighted him. Was invisible for most of the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt has always been a favourite of mine. Don't know quite where he sits. The rumour continues that he wanted out last year, and if that is true, then I do wonder how much that accounts for his form this year.

I don't know where he fits right now other than as depth. If he leaves, I hope he does well.

Regards Chaplin...... probably needed to go due to attitude. But just think of what could have been with him if he stayed. Without a doubt he would have been a much better player with us this year. Karma looks like cruelling him.

Thats what happens when you take a home and away game plan into a final. Still it has been so long since they actually played a final maybe they forgot. Should have smashed carlton today. Finals is all about congested footy and run run run.

It was always going to happen, no matter who they played.

Regards Chaplin...... probably needed to go due to attitude. But just think of what could have been with him if he stayed. Without a doubt he would have been a much better player with us this year. Karma looks like cruelling him.

I don't buy this "Chaplin would've been a better player under Hinkley" stuff. Chaplin is a flake who'd have wilted under the Hinkley/Burgess regime. I'm so glad he's gone, and Hombsch will be twice the player Chaplin is. And then there's Clurey.

Good riddance, Troy.

I don't buy this "Chaplin would've been a better player under Hinkley" stuff. Chaplin is a flake who'd have wilted under the Hinkley/Burgess regime. I'm so glad he's gone, and Hombsch will be twice the player Chaplin is. And then there's Clurey.

Good riddance, Troy.

Agreed.

We did him no favours by moulding him into a spare-tall as opposed to a two-way CHB, but Chaplin was nowhere to be seen when the going got tough at Port and reverted to type in the pressure cooker yesterday, whereas Carlton's makeshift forward line - itself full of unreliable flakes - was allowed to run riot and rack up 12.3 after half time.

10 disposals @ 70% DE, 3 marks and 4 spoils for 'the general'.

Putrid.

Agreed.

We did him no favours by moulding him into a spare-tall as opposed to a two-way CHB, but Chaplin was nowhere to be seen when the going got tough at Port and reverted to type in the pressure cooker yesterday, whereas Carlton's makeshift forward line - itself full of unreliable flakes - was allowed to run riot and rack up 12.3 after half time.

10 disposals @ 70% DE, 3 marks and 4 spoils for 'the general'.

Putrid.

You mean Xavier the Saviour as he has now resorted to calling himself. Lol.

You mean Xavier the Saviour as he has now resorted to calling himself. Lol.

I've seen this mentioned on another thread.
What's the story behind that?

He didn't actually refer to himself as Xavier the Saviour, did he? If he did, why?

I've seen this mentioned on another thread.
What's the story behind that?

He didn't actually refer to himself as Xavier the Saviour, did he? If he did, why?

Cant remember where but one of the football shows during last week had a Richmond player on (not chappy). They mentioned that because Richmond made the finals first year he got there (chappy) after so long going without that he was now to be known as Xavier the Saviour.

Although I dont take it as him being serious and bit of a joke I still enjoy picking on him. Especially considering that he looked for the 'easier' option of running to a finals bound Richmond than sticking with a basketcase club that didnt look to be able to make any finals anytime soon let alone winning a final. Away from home. At the G. Against the biggest AFL club.

I believe we would've made a man out of Chaplin, this regime can turn anyone around, but he probably would've been kept in the twos because who do we drop? I reckon Jonas is just about the next hardest after Logan on our list, he is a top defender.

Cant remember where but one of the football shows during last week had a Richmond player on (not chappy). They mentioned that because Richmond made the finals first year he got there (chappy) after so long going without that he was now to be known as Xavier the Saviour.

Serious or not, that is ridiculously lame.

BMT just picked up one away at the Magarey medal night.

Have you got a pulse on the vote count Russ? I reckon he will either just make it or just miss. Happy for an update if any one has one cheers.

Follow at following link. Count started 45 minutes ago.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...arey-medal-count/story-fnii5yv4-1226720947858

• 40ea36cf-8896-4b78-a55d-07cdd4f3608e_500.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back