Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What can I say. I thought he had made some progress (along with the team last year)… but this is an (obviously) major step back. The lack of confidence that is evident is alarming, whatever he has done over preseason has been a complete failure.
Don't feel too bad. A fair portion of this board wanted Nicks re-signed and 85% of people who voted in the "where will we finish" poll said we'd be in the top 8. At least you can say you're an Eagles supporters, what's their excuse?

Silvers should be sacked along with nicks. He has his head so far up his own ass.

I think Silvers, Roo and Olsen need to go. Completely failed rebuild, resigning of a dud coach for a period of up to 7 years? like omg. This is a rudderless ship right now relying on positive pr feel good stories to direct the clubs direction. No one is making hard decisions.

You forgot the 2018/2019 drafts. That’s what has down the most damage.
Hamish inability to draft a proper elite mid since 2007 ie Danger an issue.

But not a singular decision. A decade of bad decisions there.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely unacceptable and he will be deservingly feeling the heat now. Major questions need to be asked as to how out of form and confidence the majority of the group are. I didn’t think you were too far off the first fortnight, but this is a major, major regression.
I disagree. This was very much the same as the first 2 weeks. I don't know what positives you saw in the first 2 weeks to come to this conclusion, apart from 15 minutes at the end vs gold coast

Extending Nicks so early in this season will go down as one of this club's worst decisions.

1 The Camp
2 Tippet
3 Trading out Modra
4 Extending Matthew Nicks

Just can’t help ourselves.

The others you list may be worse but this is by far the dumbest.

Absolutely no need to do it. None.

Not only will we not make the 8 which should have been the benchmark, we’re probably bottom 4.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Don't feel too bad. A fair portion of this board wanted Nicks re-signed and 85% of people who voted in the "where will we finish" poll said we'd be in the top 8. At least you can say you're an Eagles supporters, what's their excuse?

They had hope and expectation that the team was ready to take the next step. I thought the same, certainly not top 4, but well and truly in the group of sides looking for that 5-8 spot.

Clearly that expectation is not being delivered on this far :(

Extending Nicks so early in this season will go down as one of this club's worst decisions.

1 The Camp
2 Tippet
3 Trading out Modra
4 Extending Matthew Nicks

I'd put Nicks at the top of the list because that's what we're living through now. At least all that other s**t is in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish inability to draft a proper elite mid since 2007 ie Danger an issue.

But not a singular decision. A decade of bad decisions there.

I’d argue that Rozee and Butters alone have given Port another 10 years of competitiveness. There were about 4-5 decisions around trades and drafting that completely screwed us over those 2 years. Hamish shouldn’t be immune to accountability

I disagree. This was very much the same as the first 2 weeks. I don't know what positives you saw in the first 2 weeks to come to this conclusion, apart from 15 minutes at the end vs gold coast

Round 1 was a shocking conditions, you got jumped, but despite that still could of won in the end with a bit more composure in the last quarter.

Last week, again, bad start, but you were in control of the match in the second quarter, but just couldn’t execute. Then in the third, once you hit the front that should have been the time to press on. The lapse in the second half of the third was were it was lost.

Tonight… absolutely no excuses and at no time after the first quarter were you in control of the game. Not good enough.

I never wanted Nicks appointed

I recognise that this is beating a dead horse at this point, but the decision to re-sign him one game into the season was utterly baffling at the time… and now after three games looks to be utterly misguided. Sure, he deserved this year to try and build on what he has developed, but you should have held off until mid season at the very least. Jebus. How did anyone think it was a good idea?

If you continue to play the same players who let you down constantly they will continue to do so.

There is no pressure on spots. Nicks can talk all he wants but the gold pass boys know it

This also has the run on effect of the 2nd tier losing heart

I recognise that this is beating a dead horse at this point, but the decision to re-sign him one game into the season was utterly baffling at the time… and now after three games looks to be utterly misguided. Sure, he deserved this year to try and build on what he has developed, but you should have held off until mid season at the very least. Jebus. How did anyone think it was a good idea?
This proves for the 100th time the board must resign. ******* useless.

Back