Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is: should we * him off mid-season and continue with a caretaker coach, or * him off at season's end? Are we going to miss out on any good coaches if we go too late?

Sack him. Wear the pain now rather than inflict this rubbish on the supporter group and players for an extended period of time with nothing to gain.

We need someone at the club to take the situation by the balls and say, 'This is not the standard we accept at this footy club. Nicks, I don't care if we signed you yesterday - you're out.' Then throw the payout at him and seeya later.
A quality club would have sacked him last year.

We need someone at the club to take the situation by the balls and say, 'This is not the standard we accept at this footy club. Nicks, I don't care if we signed you yesterday - you're out.' Then throw the payout at him and seeya later.

Roo was supposed to be that someone, thats why its hard to accept that he had anything to do with Nicks new contract. How can someone who rabbited on with such passion for the club and how his aim was for the club to be the measuring stick of the AFL, succumb to such low level mediocrity by accepting a coach who actually never really showed they had the tools to actually coach with the best?

Absolutely. Surely we’re not so flush as a club that we can afford to sack a coach with close to three years to run on his contract… which again, makes the decision to re-sign him so baffling.

We’re stuck with him for 18 more months you’d guess… but if he does go early, then everyone involved in his re-signing also has to go… and can anyone honestly see that happening.
Stick with him for 18mths and our young talent is playing in victoria.

Yeah at this point, we got nothing to lose. A bargain bin coaching department isn't going to do any worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo was supposed to be that someone, thats why its hard to accept that he had anything to do with Nicks new contract. How can someone who rabbited on with such passion for the club and how his aim was for the club to be the measuring stick of the AFL, succumb to such low level mediocrity by accepting a coach who actually never really showed they had the tools to actually coach with the best?

Roo is football director, it is on him.

Did you think we would have even challenge for the 8 last year? I thought we were ahead of scheduled and Nicks still had 1 years left on his contract but you wanted to sack him end of last year?
I didnt want him appointed.

Back