Matthew Pavlich - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, South Adelaide
The mighty Super Pav will play game number 350 this weekend should he be named. What a remarkable achievement for someone from the west. He's a legend of the game and deserves everything.

To put things into perspective, the figure from his 300th game was 780,000km travelled. That would be well into the 800,000's now, or 20 times around the circumference of the Earth.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The mighty Super Pav will play game number 350 this weekend should he be named. What a remarkable achievement for someone from the west. He's a legend of the game and deserves everything.

a legend of the club and the league

I don't think there's a sane or true fan of AFL who doesn't like or have respect for Pav. Absolute legend and to reach 350 while solely at an interstate club is a remarkable effort considering the travel he has had to do.
I hate Pav but I guess I have a respect for him in that I don't want him to do well against the Saints.

Regardless, he is an outstanding player and 350 is a huge milestone. As dewah07 said, extra significant for an interstate player.

I thought it was only the bitterest of bitterest Eagles fans that could dislike Pav. But it seems to have extended to saints fans too :D

He is one of those almost un-hate able players. Super professional player his whole career and never liked to take a backwards step. Almost totally clean record and rarely acted in anger - just wanted to play the game

His loyalty has been incredible as who knows what he could have achieved if he had of left for another club - or if he would still be playing. I am grateful he has been forever purple and his years as captain have solidified him as one of the modern greats. Could play almost anywhere and was the sort of player who if faced with poor delivery or no delivery as a forward, would put his hand up for the midfield and do it all himself - kicked a few mind boggling goals on the run from either inside the square or just outside of it

Will be sorely missed and deserved a flag. I'm sad the club couldn't quite get him one, but it he's not the only champion of the game who hasn't got the flag they deserved. He couldn't have done any more than he has done as a player and his record speaks for itself

#forever29

One of the few players it is pretty much impossible to hate I reckon. Even most Eagles fans would have to have at least a begrudging respect for the great man surely. Loyal champion and GOAT at Fremantle at this point in time.

Well done Matthew Pavlich, hope to see a big weekend of 29's, I am sure you will try your hardest to play your part :)

Absolute champion of the game. He's been a beacon of hope in Freo's driest years, shame he couldn't snag a flag a few years back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back