Strategy Marketing, Sales, Communication & Media Structure & Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Lockhart Road, enjoyed the line about the Chinese billionaires. I was concerned that KT and Kochie amongst others would move on after a few years but there appears to be many fronts we are fighting, enough to hopefully keep these two and their teams busy for a few more years yet. On ambassadors why any club would think Chris Pine and Kym Dillion would be a good choice is beyond me

What do you call a busload of AFC ambassadors going over a cliff?

A piss 'n' wind-fall.

The New York Times coming to town.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/7bdc1294ba12e7cb35f51c821b6f2a2e

Fairfax set to outline Monday to Friday print closure timetable

Fairfax Media is expected to formally outline plans in 2017 to stop printing weekday metropolitan newspapers, as The New York Times ramps up expansion plans in Australia.

...analysts ... have taken bearish positions on the demise of weekday print versions of The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

The cost of shutting down Fairfax Media’s print newspapers is likely to hit $330 million ...
(and) there will no reprieve for the publisher in a digital-only model, Citi said, pointing out that its digital revenues fell 4.5 per cent during the first half of fiscal 2016.

The adoption of a digital-first strategy is putting pressure on a business where income from digital advertising has not grown at a sufficient rate to bridge the gap created by falling print revenues.
The majority of digital spending by advertisers is going to the Google and Facebook online advertising duopoly.

Adding to a crowded media landscape is the imminent arrival of The New York Times, whose left-leaning bias in news coverage is likely to appeal to Fairfax readers.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/7bdc1294ba12e7cb35f51c821b6f2a2e

(Bump)

CONSUMER BUSINESS
Stephen ShirleyGeneral Manager - Consumer Business & Marketing
Ben DemertzisMembership Manager
Ben Hurst Head of Retail & Licensing
Leonie WayMember Operations Manager
Maria MunozMember Services Officer
Adam PapaliaMember Services Officer
Ellen Williams Member Services Officer
Kim Fryer Member Services Officer
Dani DebonoPort Store Manager
Lachlan Cameron Stock Control Coordinator

bomberclifford I think you should cut and paste your post of a few weeks ago of how to use the different social media channels in different ways into here. That way it stands out more and someone with a bit of authority might read it and take note.

(Bump)

CONSUMER BUSINESS
Stephen ShirleyGeneral Manager - Consumer Business & Marketing
Ben DemertzisMembership Manager
Ben HurstHead of Retail & Licensing
Leonie WayMember Operations Manager
Maria MunozMember Services Officer
Adam PapaliaMember Services Officer
Ellen WilliamsMember Services Officer
Kim FryerMember Services Officer
Dani DebonoPort Store Manager
Lachlan CameronStock Control Coordinator
Is this a good or a bad appointment? Just curious.

Is this a good or a bad appointment? Just curious.
It’s technically a reappointment, as Steve Shirley left PAFC for a marketing role in AFL House and is now back.

I understand that Steve is highly thought of and is welcomed back to replace Oliver Shawyer.

As to whether this is good or bad or in-between I make no comment. Time will tell.

After all, young Oli was supposed to have been a whizz kid recruit of the century whose digital and marketing sales pitch conjured up visions of 100,000 members in record time. He lasted 18 months and membership is falling.

tenor.gif

After all, young Oli was supposed to have been a whizz kid recruit of the century whose digital and marketing sales pitch conjured up visions of 100,000 members in record time. He lasted 18 months and membership is falling.

@Lockhart Road is right on the whizz kid, he wasn't fully invested judging by a conversation I overheard in the Port Club, was looking for an exit a long time ago.

Oli suffered from being an 'outsider' trying to change things up. I don't agree with his 'data trumps brand' philosophy, but he was on a hiding to nothing trying to implement change within an environment like our club over the last two years.

Hopefully Shirley is enough of a Port man with clout that he'll transcend a lot of the rubbish that goes in within the club.

Lockhart Road is right on the whizz kid, he wasn't fully invested judging by a conversation I overheard in the Port Club, was looking for an exit a long time ago.

Stephen Shirley is a jet. AFL House don't poach nobody's. Here is photo to confirm said jet status.
You know Oli has himself been poached by AFL house yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's some cross linking to various comments I've made re social media and branding of the club

Re social media channels

Re Twitter

Re Heritage branding

Re Brand process

Re Monograms and 150th Commemorative logo

Anyone here know who brought in the Sydney agency to do the branding and membership website?
If they have worked with Pinstripe Media, it would be Koch.

We are indeed massaging the media. We started with the national media and now the sub-standard SA variation of the fourth estate is reluctantly tagging along.

AFC have not yet worked out how to project an image that is interesting beyond SA borders. They simply do not have one, a handicap to which a few are starting to wake up.

We, on the other hand, possess the plot for a genuinely film-worthy historical / sports underdog story that, in time, can be produced and projected beyond Australia's shores ...

150-year-old Blue-Collar Aussie Football Club Wins Long Fight vs City Hall en route to Glory on the National Stage.

Release date : 2020.

Of course, another six-in-a-row 2015 - 2020 would help just a little
You have gotten the Blue-Collar part right, at least!

Oli suffered from being an 'outsider' trying to change things up. I don't agree with his 'data trumps brand' philosophy, but he was on a hiding to nothing trying to implement change within an environment like our club over the last two years.

Hopefully Shirley is enough of a Port man with clout that he'll transcend a lot of the rubbish that goes in within the club.
I have seen this movie in both Grêmio and Internacional so many times it is not funny. Too many interests involved; not all with the good of club in mind. The good news is that, at least around here, changes eventually happen.

It is always a struggle between change and continuity, flow and permanence. The bad news is that not every change is good. Still, one must keep moving on.

Life is about developing through trials and errors. Football is life. Football is about developing through trials and errors.

Can you elaborate on the “data trumps brand” philosophy? That sounds contentious at best

I had many issues with our digital marketing this season just been. Being in a similar industry I was probably more critical than most but between the mixed messaging going out there and little things like poor advertising segmentation etc I think a change is for the best.

Can you elaborate on the “data trumps brand” philosophy? That sounds contentious at best

I had many issues with our digital marketing this season just been. Being in a similar industry I was probably more critical than most but between the mixed messaging going out there and little things like poor advertising segmentation etc I think a change is for the best.

My understanding is that his focus was on using data to drive his strategies without an appreciation for the idiosyncrasies of the Port Adelaide brand, resulting in a disconnect with the messaging going out and the audience it was aimed at.

My understanding is that his focus was on using data to drive his strategies without an appreciation for the idiosyncrasies of the Port Adelaide brand, resulting in a disconnect with the messaging going out and the audience it was aimed at.
The sooner you have a beer with Steve Shirley the better.

There has been a noticeable drop in the quality of our social media over the last couple of seasons. Social media was something we were knocking out of the park a few years ago, so this sounds like a good change for us.

Not saying anything negative about the guy who has left us, he had an incredibly tough job to polish an increasingly stinky turd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back