Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminds me of that laughable attempt by Nigel Smart to locate trained crows to do fly arounds at Adelaide Oval before crows games. Again another blatant attempt at copying another sporting team's ideas - including the West Coast Eagle.

The Crows made contact with Paul Willcock of Adelaide Bird Removals to train a murder of crows to act as mascots for the Adelaide Football Club. The idea was the Crows would fly out as the players ran out of the race He trained four birds including, “Russell and Sheryl Crow”, used as mascots but ultimately the Crows wouldn’t commit to a three-year contract.

Can you just imagine the mayhem that would have caused? Crows shitting on spectators.....come to think of it it would have been a perfect fit.

Reminds me of that laughable attempt by Nigel Smart to locate trained crows to do fly arounds at Adelaide Oval before crows games. Again another blatant attempt at copying another sporting team's ideas - including the West Coast Eagle.

The Crows made contact with Paul Willcock of Adelaide Bird Removals to train a murder of crows to act as mascots for the Adelaide Football Club. The idea was the Crows would fly out as the players ran out of the race He trained four birds including, “Russell and Sheryl Crow”, used as mascots but ultimately the Crows wouldn’t commit to a three-year contract.

Can you just imagine the mayhem that would have caused? Crows shitting on spectators.....come to think of it it would have been a perfect fit.

I watched a willie wagtail see off a crow the other day.

I knew they would talk about the poor decisions against us in the media.... oh that's right didn't get a mention, but lets review in detail the Carlton game hey.... https://www.afl.com.au/video/483481...ramType:Programs&references=AFL_COMPETITION:1
That free kick on Riewoldt in the second quarter when Clurey was pushed into him has to be one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Up there with the Buddy push in the back in 2014/15 (can’t remember which year)

If they were training a Crows to s**t on customers then Roo would have been a better name.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Havent seen this for a while... absolute comedy gold

"19th man WOOOOOO we're gonna smash ya... heaps good!"

hahaha... fu** me
I think this was TSW and a couple of his mates who snuck in and filmed too. Some fantastic reconnaissance work there

Yeh, they are feisty little bugga’s. !!

Must be something about birds with black and white plumage, they never take a backwards step. I've even been swooped by a mudlark a couple of times - maybe it was copying the magpies in the same locality.

And that's the only possible defence I can make for McGuire's stance re the Prison Bars, he's being fiercely territorial like a magpie should. Nah - he being more like a goose!

Must be something about birds with black and white plumage, they never take a backwards step. I've even been swooped by a mudlark a couple of times - maybe it was copying the magpies in the same locality.

And that's the only possible defence I can make for McGuire's stance re the Prison Bars, he's being fiercely territorial like a magpie should. Nah - he being more like a goose!

Too complimentary. Geese are savage mofos.

This just published by News Corp in an article re impending retirees:

JUSTIN WESTHOFF (PORT ADELAIDE)
The great survivor has been dropped twice now and the Power are getting good service from Billy Frampton, with Scott Lycett now recovered from injury. Turns 34 in six weeks after 278 largely excellent games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The great survivor has been dropped twice now and the Power are getting good service from Billy Frampton, with Scott Lycett now recovered from injury. Turns 34 in six weeks after 278 largely excellent games.
Hah! I thought everyone knew that! Especially after Billy's breakout game on Saturday against the Tigers!

PS ... That ex-Port player Pete Ladhams though isnt going too well over at the Crows.

The great survivor has been dropped twice now ... Turns 34 in six weeks after 278 largely excellent games.
Being out of the team could actually help extending his career. ;)

Just on that i have serious doubts Westy will actually get to 300 games. Not all that long ago i would have been certain

Personally, although Hoff seems to be struggling a little, I’d like to see him finish with one more game than Kane Cornes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just on that i have serious doubts Westy will actually get to 300 games. Not all that long ago i would have been certain
Said this in the unpopular opinion thread a couple years back..
I've got one.. Westhoff WON'T make 300 games.

At the end of this season he's 32, and if he plays every minor round game will be at 248 games end of season. So he'll need to line up for at least another 3 injury-free seasons, at which point he'll be 35.

Yes he had a late start and yes you could argue his game style minimises wear and tear, but right now there's only 3 players over the age of 34 and he seems like the kind of guy with enough going on in his life that he wouldn't feel the need to squeeze out every last year.

So my money's on no.. prove me wrong Hoff
Hope he can keep proving me wrong; his mature body and versatility will be crucial in the back half of the year and finals as we manage wear and tear and (god forbid) injuries and form.

I love Westy and I thank him for his excellent service to the PAFC, but barring an injury crisis he shouldn't play for us again. Unless we're missing at least two of Dixon/Marshall/Georgiades/Lycett/Ladhams, we have better options.

I mean... if you think about it they aren't wrong.

I mean... if you think about it they aren't wrong.

Billy punched Kyle Hartigan, if that's not offering Port fans good service I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back