News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry not sure where to put this, hopefully ok here. If not, please remove or delete if not allowed.

Anyone down south this weekend or already living there & you don’t know where to watch the WC v ADE game, head to Dunsborough Country Club & a day with Mark Nikoski & fellow Eagles supporters.

Should be a great day, just scan in to register your interest to help confirm numbers.

Niko & the Eagles are doing great things in getting the brand out down here.

View attachment 1995150
Apologies for the intrusion.
Not sure what is happening here, you seem to have Fremantle as your team, yet you're respectively promoting the eagles, no apologies necessary, I tip my hat to you!

Sorry not sure where to put this, hopefully ok here. If not, please remove or delete if not allowed.

Anyone down south this weekend or already living there & you don’t know where to watch the WC v ADE game, head to Dunsborough Country Club & a day with Mark Nikoski & fellow Eagles supporters.

Should be a great day, just scan in to register your interest to help confirm numbers.

Niko & the Eagles are doing great things in getting the brand out down here.

View attachment 1995150
Apologies for the intrusion.
You came in peace, so no need to apologise.

Offer seems a bit reckless. Are there some sort of tv rights deals on the table that will bump up player payments or is that the going rate for a big bodied bull

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kornes again highlighting his lack of knowledge on matters West Coast

1) Whilst Reid has undoubtedly had a hand in our improvement to say he’s solely responsible for it is an incredibly shallow analysis that disregards any number of contributing factors

2) He again cites what he believes is Reid’s low training standards when he’d have no knowledge of how hard he does or doesn’t train

The rest of the discussion around Norths last round win over Gold Coast needs to be put in the rear view mirror. Its history and neglects the fact they could’ve traded for pick 1 if they really wanted him

It’s also disrespectful towards McKercher and Duursma who are both talented youngsters in their own right who, like most first year players, need time to develop

Not sure what is happening here, you seem to have Fremantle as your team, yet you're respectively promoting the eagles, no apologies necessary, I tip my hat to you!
Apologies I don’t want to sidetrack your thread. I come in peace & apologies for the intrusion.

It’s all about promoting the sport in the South West as it’s helps the junior clubs thrive. There’s lots of other options for the families down here & any way I can help grow the game I’m keen to help.

Not fussed who people support, well possibly Carlton supporters, but apart from them all are welcome & without individual club supporters there are no clubs.

Like I said the Eagles are massively ahead of Freo in promoting their brand with a rep in Busselton & Niko in Dunsborough. He is an absolute ripper & doing an amazing job. I hope a few of you can make it to the function he’s promoting.

1) Whilst Reid has undoubtedly had a hand in our improvement to say he’s solely responsible for it is an incredibly shallow analysis that disregards any number of contributing factors

2) He again cites what he believes is Reid’s low training standards when he’d have no knowledge of how hard he does or doesn’t train

The rest of the discussion around Norths last round win over Gold Coast needs to be put in the rear view mirror. Its history and neglects the fact they could’ve traded for pick 1 if they really wanted him

It’s also disrespectful towards McKercher and Duursma who are both talented youngsters in their own right who, like most first year players, need time to develop
Cornes is bloody bafoon. You’d find majority power athletes drafted don’t come in with an elite. It’s just natural but something that alot of them work on and get better at. Trac, Danger and Dusty all them types didn’t have great tanks at 19.

Ditto Yeo and it probably took him till 22-23 for his tank to be really good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres rumors of harley shouting at a senior player during the preseaons for not finishing sprint efforts through the line, so im not sure where kane thinks he isnt a good trainer

Not just that, but it also fails to mention that we were on the bottom of the ladder nearly the entire year before that outrageous W in Melbourne vs the Dogs. Kangaroos were fortunate to even be in the position to pick first after that.

I shudder to think of the alternate reality where the Roos get picks 1 and 2 and we draft Curtin and pick 30. Christ.

Apologies I don’t want to sidetrack your thread. I come in peace & apologies for the intrusion.

It’s all about promoting the sport in the South West as it’s helps the junior clubs thrive. There’s lots of other options for the families down here & any way I can help grow the game I’m keen to help.

Not fussed who people support, well possibly Carlton supporters, but apart from them all are welcome & without individual club supporters there are no clubs.

Like I said the Eagles are massively ahead of Freo in promoting their brand with a rep in Busselton & Niko in Dunsborough. He is an absolute ripper & doing an amazing job. I hope a few of you can make it to the function he’s promoting.
All good mate, this thread is about media so all good, thanks for the heads up appreciate the positivity and promoting the game!

We need to get a pod or local clothing company to make “they’re not gonna pick him” tee with nice design of Harls dunking on that ugly kent

Harley giving Maclure a don't argue?

It was a busy evening but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Most places kept the love pretty short unfortunately.
Seems like a night where the analysis goes more on what Melbourne did wrong, than our good play.
Enjoy the passion project! Unless you start padding to get add time 😆 upload them all as 1 video

It was a busy evening but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Most places kept the love pretty short unfortunately.
Also 5 minutes a team is 90 minutes, so we can't all have long slow sessions with harley highlights and draw it out.

View attachment 1994462

The lack of irony from these Vics on Twitter is hilarious. I mean, Pavlich absolutely hates West Coast. What the hell are they on about?

Total lack of self awareness about how the broader football media commentates games involving VFL teams against “interstate” sides

Watching the replay tonight I’m even more bemused by these takes.

Schoey gets a bit “matey” when referring to former teammates or pets like Ginbey (“The Boy”) but he was in no way overtly West Coast. Pav is always begrudging in his praise. Paps is a brilliant play by play caller as a true broadcaster and not an ex-player.

Because it wasn’t a Huddo or Derwayne hosted Dees love in the Vics are losing their minds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back