News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Big tick for Pyke’s initiative to get the inaugural squad together for this game to acknowledge our roots

Big tick for Simpson and the boys to embrace it and show due deference in both words and actions

Big tick for both the WAFL and AFL teams getting their first W of their respective seasons

Became a really good day for the club amidst what’s been a sea of despair in recent times

Big tick for our social media team putting this together. Some of their very best work

I think after Optus and the new jumpers, and the flag and all the talk of how rich we are, we lost sight of the people and the memories that make a club great.

It's been a great corrective. Especially for the young kids, to feel part of something bigger than themselves.

Think what I've liked about most since the weekend is how much everyone who's been interviewed, who had a standout performance at least(Yeo, Reid, Waterman for example) have been quick to praise the '87 boys, as well as talk about the WAFL team getting a win on the weekend. Whilst they had some fantastic individual performances, they've done a good job at hosing down their own games and praising others for how well they've done.

It's good to be humble obviously but it is a good indication that there's a team-first mentality around the group.

I think after Optus and the new jumpers, and the flag and all the talk of how rich we are, we lost sight of the people and the memories that make a club great.

It's been a great corrective. Especially for the young kids, to feel part of something bigger than themselves.

We’ve been smashed and trodden on from every direction. It’s great that they're trying to build some pride back in the jumper.

Momentum can be a great force once you get it rolling. Stuff like this help to get the wheels rolling.

Thanks! I started it as I was frustrated having to go hunting for the bits and pieces of eagles content especially if the club didn't post it.

I try to keep it to the pieces that are buried in the footy shows to save having to waste 30/60 minutes for a 1 minute moment.
Any copyright issues? I'd use Youtube if I was sure I wouldn't encounter any

Any copyright issues? I'd use Youtube if I was sure I wouldn't encounter any
Only minor stuff so far nothing too bad but I'm also very small so probably not noticed yet? Only one clip so far isn't public and it's literally one minute of 360 lol. But everything else so far has been fine.

If it wasn't for Simmo we wouldn't have Harley. Gotta love the man.
That's actually hilarious - after all the pain and misery and all the flak the coach has received over the last few years, the zillion calls to remove the coach (ongoing); and he is actually largely responsible for getting us Harley! Too funny...the man is a genius, clearly a long term strategist?

Only minor stuff so far nothing too bad but I'm also very small so probably not noticed yet? Only one clip so far isn't public and it's literally one minute of 360 lol. But everything else so far has been fine.

Just make sure that Whately and Messi don't cross reference in any videos and you should be fine.

Let's bring this logo back:

1713404909230.png

And don't get me started on the song....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in a minority, but I don't mind the new logo

It looks better on club merch

I like both.

Also bear a thought for me as young drunk man in my early 20s who declared he'd get an Eagles tattoo if they won the flag in 2006 who's stuck with the in between logo on his skin for life which is easily in 3rd place.

I like them both and it's a great rethink bit the classic has so much character.

The old one does have character and history, but lets be honest it's also pretty basic as well.

The new logo is modern, and by not having it encased on a shield it gives them more flexibility to do stuff with it as well. Club IMO have done a great job in particular on the hats, you can have the logo and hat in different colours with the eagle head and it still looks good. People also still recognize the logo and who you support (looking at you the people who don't believe in clash strips)

I got one of the wheat coloured hats recently and love it
1713413739142.png

I like both.

Also bear a thought for me as young drunk man in my early 20s who declared he'd get an Eagles tattoo if they won the flag in 2006 who's stuck with the in between logo on his skin for life which is easily in 3rd place.
haha yep I've got the logo on my ankle with 1992, 1994 and 2006 under it lol

Haven't done 18 yet, it's getting a bit blurry wouldn't mind a touch up

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it wasn't for Simmo we wouldn't have Harley. Gotta love the man.
I would say it was more last years first derby.
We weren't looking too bad until the decimation that game caused. Had beaten GWS and really we were even in that Derby till the end with no bench and a couple of guys playing injured.
Next minute.........
HARLEY - LOOYA

The old one does have character and history, but lets be honest it's also pretty basic as well.

The new logo is modern, and by not having it encased on a shield it gives them more flexibility to do stuff with it as well. Club IMO have done a great job in particular on the hats, you can have the logo and hat in different colours with the eagle head and it still looks good. People also still recognize the logo and who you support (looking at you the people who don't believe in clash strips)

View attachment 1962936

1713416038975.png

View attachment 1962936

The old logo wasn’t in the shield for the second half of the 90s. Was the same as it is today, logo up top, words below.

The old logo is a nice throwback, but new one is much better.

That middle one looks like an eagle driving with their wing(arm) out the window.

a1179d186be8ed2b86ca197b35325d47.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back