News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't listen to this at the moment but I'm wondering how Gerard can discuss us when he doesn't watch our games?

Basically he said the following:

Harley Reid is to AFL what Leo Messi is to Soccer. Messi may kick more goals, but Reid scans the field just as well, maybe even better than Messi does.

It’s in my Twitter bio. Which I forgot about, and got really confused when Hungry Tiger started accusing me of being half Mexican half Vietnamese.
Hungry tiger.....i wonder what he is up to these days
Had totally forgotten him/her. My first 'ignore' poster and just checked, still on the list.

Geelong has no right to question anyone on equality of the competition.

They have a Victorian fixture
True home ground advantage
Away games 1 hour up the road
MCG access for home games vs big ticket VFL teams to make $
Charter flights from Geelong to save on travel
Desirable location to older players who want to escape the city .
Cheaper housing on the surf coast or land plots for players who want space .
You forgot:

Plants in the AFL who make sure that Geelong are never stiffed on anything from the MRP to concussion protocols being done by a doctor running and weaving in and out of play. To ticking off things like the bizarre Gold Coast draft pick offer without Geelong giving anything of note and any other numerous "quirks" from AFL house that just happen to be beneficial to them that I've no doubt forgotten.

You forgot:

Plants in the AFL who make sure that Geelong are never stiffed on anything from the MRP to concussion protocols being done by a doctor running and weaving in and out of play. To ticking off things like the bizarre Gold Coast draft pick offer without Geelong giving anything of note and any other numerous "quirks" from AFL house that just happen to be beneficial to them that I've no doubt forgotten.
Yep they are kissed on the Nyugen van Phoc

I do find it funny with the discussion about how the travel factor affects the WA teams in making the competition skewed in favour of the Vic teams.
Like the AFL are genuinely concerned about it and will spend money on investigating the affects of something that might help the WA clubs. With the added bonus that if a solution is found it might have a cost to the Vic teams in terms of amount of home games or extra travel for them.

You only need to go back to North wanting to sell home games to us as they want our money. And the AFL saying it compromises the competition to sell the game to a footy state. And they ****ing love money so when it comes to one of their poorer clubs finding a way to make money and reduce our travel burden (should be considered a win/win) they don't like the sound of that "quirk".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever removed someone from yours? 😱
My ignore list is actually very small. Only 3 on it. And yes, I have unignored someone. Decided I wanted to read what was written even when they were being a permanent bellend.
In fact Hungry Tigga is now unignored.

How fvxkin' predictable is it that the Vics have 3 teams leading the list of most injured players and now all of a sudden the game is too quick and it's giving us feedback that something needs to change. I don't recall anyone calling for an investigation when it was us on our knees for two years, aging, injured, and faced with relentless travel burdens.

How fvxkin' predictable is it that the Vics have 3 teams leading the list of most injured players and now all of a sudden the game is too quick and it's giving us feedback that something needs to change. I don't recall anyone calling for an investigation when it was us on our knees for two years, aging, injured, and faced with relentless travel burdens.
Context?

We must’ve been watching the same shows

Had this exact same thought seeing the tears over injury lists all of a sudden. Things are only a crisis when a big Vic club is impacted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back