News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

He ******* got them did Smith and they had no response. ******* crickets.

On another note. I am sick of the Vic media crediting reid for the only reason we have improved. Extremely shallow analysis.
Was about to say this.

Has anyone outside of the Eagles players themselves actually brought up the fact that McGovern is probably the best defender in the league right now?

The fact that TB for the most part has been nearly as good as Gov (maybe not season long but the past month).

How Yeo could be leading the Brownlow before he gets injured?

Reid's great, but **** me players like Hough, Gov and Yeo as well as to a slightly lesser extent Kelly, Duggan, Barrass and co have been the steady consistent performers for others to improve their games around.

Was about to say this.

Has anyone outside of the Eagles players themselves actually brought up the fact that McGovern is probably the best defender in the league right now?

The fact that TB for the most part has been nearly as good as Gov (maybe not season long but the past month).

Reid's great, but heck me players like Hough, Gov and Yeo as well as to a slightly lesser extent Kelly, Duggan, Barrass and co have been the steady consistent performers for others to improve their games around.
I think we can comfortably add Waterman and recently Ginbey and JWilliams to that list. A lot to be optimistic about and we have the best tall forward list in the league IMO.

Was about to say this.

Reid's great, but heck me players like Hough, Gov and Yeo as well as to a slightly lesser extent Kelly, Duggan, Barrass and co have been the steady consistent performers for others to improve their games around.

Gov absolutely leading the b&f.

His kick out work since dropping the "long, wide, right" strategy has been great too.

I think we can comfortably add Waterman and recently Ginbey and JWilliams to that list. A lot to be optimistic about and we have the best tall forward list in the league IMO.
Waterman has been getting praise so I didn't include him.

Ginbey's one of those who is growing. The consistency has come from the senior players though, they're the bedrock and their availability has allowed players like Ginbey to grow at his own pace in a few different positions.

F*ck that was a bit gross - a gambling add masquerading as a football show.

And they wonder why the industry and society in general has a gambling problem...by butthole puckers up at the chance of losing $5 so betting has never interested me so I choose to view these types of shows with utter disdain

Good to see the journo is doing his research.
Harley is from Tongala not Bendigo you heck ****.
They are over an hr away from each other

Good to see the journo is doing his research.
Harley is from Tongala not Bendigo you * ****.
They are over an hr away from each other
Another writer from the West crying poor over people complaining about their excessive coverage?

It's really not that difficult to read the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When virtually everyone is either questioning and/or mocking your newspaper for it’s unhealthy obsession with a teenager, doubling down to position yourself as a sort of creative genius is an interesting strategy

As is naming your column The Front Dore in an alarming lack of self awareness

That said, his column is somewhat justified in calling out the hyperbole from other media outlets. It’s also over the top for someone who’s played just 9 games

The club, and Adam Simpson in particular, have been the most balanced in acknowledging his impact without putting unrealistic expectations on him

Let’s just enjoy watching him play without turning it into a circus

Wait until you hear why he left his last job.
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry not sure where to put this, hopefully ok here. If not, please remove or delete if not allowed.

Anyone down south this weekend or already living there & you don’t know where to watch the WC v ADE game, head to Dunsborough Country Club & a day with Mark Nikoski & fellow Eagles supporters.

Should be a great day, just scan in to register your interest to help confirm numbers.

Niko & the Eagles are doing great things in getting the brand out down here.

View attachment 1995150
Apologies for the intrusion.
Mark Nicoski channelling his inner Captain Love from Zorro:
cptlove_2.jpg
Mark Nicoski.jpg

chunkylover said:
Isaac needs to pull his head in and follow the vfl narrative if he’s going to make it in the media

I watched the Freo , Pies game and one of the commentators said a couple of times about going th Perth must be the longest trip in footy.

Isnt the long trip, Perth to Tasmania, when taking on Hawks/Norf?

vAFL rhetoric will never change until they start getting WA/SA people in the front door - Between Academies, Trades and Scheduling there is such simple fixes it crazy they dont do it.

Then again, vAFL hours always seem to shoot themselves in the foot with their incompetence.

Isnt the long trip, Perth to Tasmania, when taking on Hawks/Norf?

vAFL rhetoric will never change until they start getting WA/SA people in the front door - Between Academies, Trades and Scheduling there is such simple fixes it crazy they dont do it.

Then again, vAFL hours always seem to shoot themselves in the foot with their incompetence.
They just want to make it hard for non Vic team's to compete, let alone win the grand final.

Eagles or Dockers should rarely play in Tasmania considering the distance.

The interstate games should be earlier so teams can fly home.

The fixture should be done at the start of the year so it can't be manipulated.

Finally fix the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back