News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Isnt the long trip, Perth to Tasmania, when taking on Hawks/Norf?

vAFL rhetoric will never change until they start getting WA/SA people in the front door - Between Academies, Trades and Scheduling there is such simple fixes it crazy they dont do it.

Then again, vAFL hours always seem to shoot themselves in the foot with their incompetence.

Technically, Perth to Gold Coast (and vice-versa) is the longest for travel in the competition.

Comes in at about 3630km, which narrowly edges Perth-Brisbane at 3610km.

Perth-Cairns (for Cazaly's Stadium matches) is 3440km.

Perth-Sydney is 3300km.

Darwin-Melbourne is 3140km, as is Darwin-Sydney.

Perth-Canberra is 3090km

Perth-Hobart is 3010km.

Perth-Launceston is 2970km.

Darwin-Brisbane is 2850km.

Perth-Melbourne is 2730km.

Which places that as the 11th longest potential journey in the competition.

Do your homework Vic media.

Last edited:
It's not just the distance travelled, it's also the time taken to do so.

Travel to/from airport at each end. Hanging around waiting for the flight, transfers by bus/another flight, overnight hotel, etc.

This is all time that isn't spent in either recovery or your own bed, and needs to be considered when scheduling matches.

It's not just the distance travelled, it's also the time taken to do so.

Travel to/from airport at each end. Hanging around waiting for the flight, transfers by bus/another flight, overnight hotel, etc.

This is all time that isn't spent in either recovery or your own bed, and needs to be considered when scheduling matches.

Yup. This is why I assumed Tassie was the longest trip, direct flights would be rare and most likely will require a 2nd leg from Melbourne.

I could be wrong but either way, it doesn’t matter we have the longest trips and that in itself should always be accounted for when fixtures are done.

Maximum breaks, flight availability it’s just common sense. If they really wanted to make equitable we would have two extra home games and the majority of the teams would travel roughly the same.

Is it me or does this raging discussion actually getting airtime lead to actual change?

Why are Vic media airing this it public? Surely they are slowly getting Vic w***ers prepared for WA concessions?

Is it me or does this raging discussion actually getting airtime lead to actual change?

Why are Vic media airing this it public? Surely they are slowly getting Vic w***ers prepared for WA concessions?

Vic media like it because it generates clicks. Essentially couch it as "as WA club that joined a the national comp, now wants concessions and to disadvantage your Victorian club. Click here and show us your outrage."

First 30 minutes of Duffield this morning is quite good - some accurate observations about both the Eagles and Dockers. Right up until he let's his resident village idiot start contributing and then turn it off.

I did find it funny he decided to take some leave the week after we have one of our best victories for a while (pretty sure he did the same when we beat freo) , and comes back as soon as we get pumped , never really liked his analysis on us he’s got some sort of smugness about him that I can’t stand.

Who’s his village idiot? COD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did find it funny he decided to take some leave the week after we have one of our best victories for a while (pretty sure he did the same when we beat freo) , and comes back as soon as we get pumped , never really liked his analysis on us he’s got some sort of smugness about him that I can’t stand.

Who’s his village idiot? COD?

Not Craig O'Donahue (s), the work experience sounding guy that chimes in with some sort of light relief and opinion and he just sounds both lame and dense.

Hmm, did you watch it before posting it? if anything, the discussion was quite pro-WA and reasonable.

Yeah I did actually. I still think this notion is being raised to ensure outrage from the “you joined the VFL what did you expect” crowd in Victoria and is being used to undermine some of the positive sentiment/goodwill that has come from Justin Longmuir’s comments about scheduling, days break, NGA access which is what I believe the WA clubs have more likely been angling for with the AFL.

Edit - just like this

Yeah I did actually. I still think this notion is being raised to ensure outrage from the “you joined the VFL what did you expect” crowd in Victoria and is being used to undermine some of the positive sentiment/goodwill that has come from Justin Longmuir’s comments about scheduling, days break, NGA access which is what I believe the WA clubs have more likely been angling for with the AFL.

Edit - just like this

Saw that. Just looks like a typical Collingwood supporting moron that you can find in the VicBias thread.

Simmo on 7 tonight -
Flynn a big chance to play against the Saints
Petrol will be available so is in the mix
West Coast will look longterm and pick best available talent in the MS draft this week.

Just making sure, is everyone aware that the midseason draft isn’t the national draft? Like, it isn’t early access to elite talent it’s players that missed previous drafts.

Got it? Ok cool.

Don’t think West Coast has gone hard enough spreading this message this season…

Just making sure, is everyone aware that the midseason draft isn’t the national draft? Like, it isn’t early access to elite talent it’s players that missed previous drafts.

Got it? Ok cool.

Don’t think West Coast has gone hard enough spreading this message this season…
Theyre tempering expectations so people don't expect a Harley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back