Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know what to make of a race in which Red Galileo and Desert Skyline fill the placings.

The Euro season, as far as Cup lead-ups, is nearly complete and very little shaping up from there this year. Only the Irish St Leger and the English St Leger to come. Can’t recall a year in recent times with so few Euro prospects.

No wonder Australian Bloodstock is buying everything they can get, the race is wide open.

Luke Murrell has said that Spanish Mission won’t be coming. A change of heart by the owners seemingly.

Despite the weight, at this stage it looks to me as if Cross Counter and Marmelo are the strongest chances.

Hard to know what to make of a race in which Red Galileo and Desert Skyline fill the placings.

The Euro season, as far as Cup lead-ups, is nearly complete and very little shaping up from there this year. Only the Irish St Leger and the English St Leger to come. Can’t recall a year in recent times with so few Euro prospects.

No wonder Australian Bloodstock is buying everything they can get, the race is wide open.

Luke Murrell has said that Spanish Mission won’t be coming. A change of heart by the owners seemingly.

Despite the weight, at this stage it looks to me as if Cross Counter and Marmelo are the strongest chances.
Could be a thin crop of quality internationals this year

Could be a thin crop of quality internationals this year

That’ll please the average Joe punter who supposedly only wants to see Australian/NZ runners; and would mean a fairly plain cup field.

Much to Paris’ mirth I still think RH is a live chance, worst part of the track last night, didn’t lose ground. Noted they vetted him with nothing showing. #noexcuses #inb4paris

That’ll please the average Joe punter who supposedly only wants to see Australian/NZ runners; and would mean a fairly plain cup field.

Much to Paris’ mirth I still think RH is a live chance, worst part of the track last night, didn’t lose ground. Noted they vetted him with nothing showing. #noexcuses #inb4paris
If that’s the case best of the locals would be

Avilius
Finche
Very Elleegant

Fair gap then...
Steel Prince 🤮
Surprise Baby 🤮

Wasn’t exactly the best ground. Traded plenty at $27 for what it’s worth #greenbook

Of course you did ;) it was $1.10 you claiming you greened up if it ran badly ;) and if it had won you would have let it all ride baby!!!! #stalepricesking

Ground was fine - True Self came through the same ground and looked the winner a furlong out - horse went awful no excuses and will be beaten out of sight similarly at Flemington

No it's not - it's easy to say its terrible race and will be worthless from a Melbourne Cup perspective - move on.

Lol the desperate post race rationalization of the antepost punter. It was a terrible performance by any metric with absolutely no excuses given how other horses ran on from the back. He was absolutely AWFUL. They vetted him because he was backed as if unbeatable and went like a crab!

If that’s the case best of the locals would be

Avilius
Finche
Very Elleegant

Fair gap then...
Steel Prince 🤮
Surprise Baby 🤮

Lol wut?!?!?!

VE won't win another race and Avi couldn't stay 2 miles down a well.

Finch couldn’t win it last year, hasn’t had a run since then, 2 recent trials. Happy to cross it off. VE pass, she’ll be swallowed up.

Out of the three he mentioned Finche is actually the only one that would be a remote chance of winning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the desperate post race rationalization of the antepost punter. It was a terrible performance by any metric with absolutely no excuses given how other horses ran on from the back. He was absolutely AWFUL. They vetted him because he was backed as if unbeatable and went like a crab!
Yes in wrong part of the track but got the stitch big time, went like Nature Strip over 1200m backwards rapidly

Seeing the current lack of a decent crop of both locals and internationals stumps me as to why they don’t send Spanish Mission, could brain a lot of the scrubbers currently qualified

Funnily enough Paris due to lack of depth and quality Count Octave might not be a such a bad shout after all 😂

Didn’t Avilius clip heels and suffer a cut from COM last year?

Lol yes but that just gave those that backed him an excuse for wasting their money on a horse that was never going to stay the trip

Seeing the current lack of a decent crop of both locals and internationals stumps me as to why they don’t send Spanish Mission, could brain a lot of the scrubbers currently qualified

Funnily enough Paris due to lack of depth and quality Count Octave might not be a such a bad shout after all 😂

Going into the race first up for 15 months is it?

boldstrategycotton.jpeg

Who’d you rather be on?
Count Octave
Raheen House
Steel Prince
Surprise Baby

And no none isn’t an option 😉

In the Lavazza?

Steel Prince because it is straight in and wasn't dogshit last start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back