Preview Melbourne Demons v Brisbane Lions Semi Final (Friday 9 September 7:50PM @MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the selected team. Horses for courses. Matho a good chance to come back next week after we beat Melbourne with speed on the spread. Much more excited now, I feel like the changes negate the Dee's intended way to beat us. Really impressed with the coaching staff rolling the dice. Quietly and confusedly confident

Melbourne
Melbourne 91 - 66 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

M.C.G. (VIC)
HGA:
Melbourne
+9.6 pts
Ins/Outs:
Melbourne
+2.6 pts

Again the prediction is wrong - and apparently we like the changes more than the algorithm does!

Be interesting to see if we get picked to fall against the Cats as well the week after ;)

Looking at the emergencies Prior looks to me like he'll be the sub.

Ah chee, Berry and Bailey on the wings with Rayner playing more through the middle. I also wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy get a few CBAs
I'd say keep Bailey in the clinches where he can provide the most impact.

I'm expecting Rayner to have a big say in the outcome of this game. It's time for him to explode

Meh, what choice did they have really? They were on a hiding to nothing.

If they went in with the usual suspects & lost in the same manner it would be stacks on in the media.

We're not that different to most other teams though. Have a look through the other teams' boards. Most coaches are reluctant to make changes.
Win lose or draw, I love it.
If nothing else it atleast sets us up for next year and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather forecast looking better than was predicted earlier in the week.

Fri 9

21°
Partly sunny
12°
21%

Accuweather has been forecasting a clear evening all week, few others have around 50% chance light showers. Hopefully shouldn't get too wet.

The three outs are three of our five lowest TOG% players from last week (excluding Oscar) - Robinson (60%), Mathieson (68%) and Prior (70%). The other two were Ah Chee coming on as sub (59%) and Wilmot in his first game (69%).

Compared to the round 23 game, we have Robertson, Wilmot and Ah Chee in for Lyons, Mathieson and Prior.

Like everyone has mentioned, I love the extra run of this side, especially given running power and pressure was a big reason why Sydney beat Melbourne last week.

I think Answerth probably ends up on a wing leaving our three wingers as Berry, Ah Chee and Answerth. I wonder if they may push Answerth up forward on a lockdown role on Salem (McCarthy is the other candidate), and move Bailey over to the wing. I do think it takes Bailey out of the dangerous HFF role he was playing last week though.

Rayner comes in and probably takes over the midfield time of Mathieson, who ended up spending a lot more time up forward last week anyway with Robertson moving into the middle.

We have done well in the lst couple of milestone games, let’s hope it continues tomorrow night.

Probably haven't give Answerth enough respect this year. Yes a little rough around the edges but competes like a dog and should really be given the ACL benefit of the doubt given he was out all of last year.

Is Answerth quick? does he have the endurance to play on the wing?
Played wing in the preseason games and did quite well
Still asking a bit of him if he does get the job

These 4 play small defense roles- Starch, Kiddy, Wilmot and Answerth
So one has to play eslwhere
We will find out tomorrow night

Probably haven't give Answerth enough respect this year. Yes a little rough around the edges but competes like a dog and should really be given the ACL benefit of the doubt given he was out all of last year.
I think the couple of weeks off will help him.
Should be fresh and energised.

The three outs are three of our five lowest TOG% players from last week (excluding Oscar) - Robinson (60%), Mathieson (68%) and Prior (70%). The other two were Ah Chee coming on as sub (59%) and Wilmot in his first game (69%).

Compared to the round 23 game, we have Robertson, Wilmot and Ah Chee in for Lyons, Mathieson and Prior.

Like everyone has mentioned, I love the extra run of this side, especially given running power and pressure was a big reason why Sydney beat Melbourne last week.

I think Answerth probably ends up on a wing leaving our three wingers as Berry, Ah Chee and Answerth. I wonder if they may push Answerth up forward on a lockdown role on Salem (McCarthy is the other candidate), and move Bailey over to the wing. I do think it takes Bailey out of the dangerous HFF role he was playing last week though.

Rayner comes in and probably takes over the midfield time of Mathieson, who ended up spending a lot more time up forward last week anyway with Robertson moving into the middle.
Great news for the VFL

Perfect team selections imo, really excited about the amount of running and athleticism in this team. Hopefully we can play our best brand of footy for 4 quarters. Excited to see what Dev can do, huge opportunity for him. Also keen to see Answerth’s role, thinking it’ll be important to his place in the side going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back