Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, slightly off topic from the rort but it does have to do with the 2015 membership. Am currently spreading the Christmas joy by renewing the families various memberships. I have 2 little ones which I am upgrading which means it seems to get processed as a new membership as there is not the option on the invoice to select an upgrade. I have noticed that rather than just pay on credit card, there are only SmartPay options. It does mention something about opting out of the auto roll over. Has anyone completed the opt out before and is it easy to do? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Even the Sydney ones are getting really pricey now.

I think I've reached the point where I can't afford the platinum membership I've had for 14 years now.

don't be silly.

with the new stadium deal, we are going to end up with a waiting list in a few years time.

Make that 9 at this stage. I might succumb though :) But the wife says no way at that price for all of the family.
Another 2. $340 for probably one game. And it could be as miserable as the weather last year. Budget seats. Soaking wet. Love the club and the boys, but feeling a bit exploited. probably still a bit down from the gf. Will go where the WA swans who couldn't get in are watching. probably O.P.s It's being among true believers that I enjoy.

Victorians, i am sick of GA at Etihad and G and needing to pay an upgrade to have a decent seat usually. I'm looking at the $260 Vic AFL Platinum ($100 extra for premiership club = $360).
http://membership.sydneyswans.com.au/membership/afl-platinum/

• Ultimate access, with 13 games of footy included**
  • Finals benefits, including priority to purchase tickets & entry in Weeks 1-2 if the Swans play in Melbourne**
  • 2015 Member pack, including Swans Squad benefits for junior members

It gives also:
  • Entry to the unreserved AFL MEMBERS RESERVE at the MCG for all Swans away matches and any six (6) non-Sydney Swans games** (excluding ANZAC Day).
  • Entry to AFL MEMBERS RESERVE seating at Etihad Stadium for Swans away matches**
  • GENERAL ADMISSION entry to three (3) Sydney Swans home games at the SCG or ANZ Stadium**
  • Entry to the AFL MEMBERS RESERVE at the MCG and Etihad Stadium for weeks 1-2 of Finals, subject to Sydney Swans participation**

Conditions: This membership does not include entry to Simonds Stadium.
**Entry is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. Reserved seat upgrades are recommended, and may be required for high demand matches and finals. Additional fees and charges apply.

So no guarantee of tickets on busy game days, a worry.

So i guess depending on IF we make finals and IF we play them at etihad you get some more games included. Also IF you choose to fly up you get 3 games at the SCG. And IF you decided to go to the MCG 6 times for non swans games you can access AFL members seats?

The full value is there if you wish to go after it and we get lucky for some stars aligning.

Anyone have any thoughts on AFL members reserve experience (at etihad for our games and MCG for others) and in general using this membership? I know we are away supporters, it's just frustrating to have no guaranteed method to get good seats via a membership down here.

Just been announced we've already hit 30,000 members.

Great stuff and a definite sign of the positive impact Franklin's recruitment has had on membership numbers for this season.

Interesting :p

Edit, i was just looking for previous membership costs for guaranteed grand final , so just stiring you

Victorians, i am sick of GA at Etihad and G and needing to pay an upgrade to have a decent seat usually. I'm looking at the $260 Vic AFL Platinum ($100 extra for premiership club = $360).
http://membership.sydneyswans.com.au/membership/afl-platinum/

• Ultimate access, with 13 games of footy included**
  • Finals benefits, including priority to purchase tickets & entry in Weeks 1-2 if the Swans play in Melbourne**
  • 2015 Member pack, including Swans Squad benefits for junior members

It gives also:
  • Entry to the unreserved AFL MEMBERS RESERVE at the MCG for all Swans away matches and any six (6) non-Sydney Swans games** (excluding ANZAC Day).
  • Entry to AFL MEMBERS RESERVE seating at Etihad Stadium for Swans away matches**
  • GENERAL ADMISSION entry to three (3) Sydney Swans home games at the SCG or ANZ Stadium**
  • Entry to the AFL MEMBERS RESERVE at the MCG and Etihad Stadium for weeks 1-2 of Finals, subject to Sydney Swans participation**

Conditions: This membership does not include entry to Simonds Stadium.
**Entry is subject to capacity and is not guaranteed. Reserved seat upgrades are recommended, and may be required for high demand matches and finals. Additional fees and charges apply.

So no guarantee of tickets on busy game days, a worry.

So i guess depending on IF we make finals and IF we play them at etihad you get some more games included. Also IF you choose to fly up you get 3 games at the SCG. And IF you decided to go to the MCG 6 times for non swans games you can access AFL members seats?

The full value is there if you wish to go after it and we get lucky for some stars aligning.

Anyone have any thoughts on AFL members reserve experience (at etihad for our games and MCG for others) and in general using this membership? I know we are away supporters, it's just frustrating to have no guaranteed method to get good seats via a membership down here.
Did you end up doing it? Worth it?

Vic premiership club is definitely worth it. Been a prem club membe since '13 and its been worth it. Get to go to 6 extra games at the mcg ;)

I more so meant the platinum membership in regards to the AFL reserve seating. I usually go the gold membership and then upgrade to premiership club later in the season if we're looking on track for top 4.

I usually get Vic Platinum and upgrade to Premiership club but this year I went the 11 option which is 11 games in Melbourne over 2 seasons. Unless you genuinely got to the 7 melbourne games this season it's much better value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure, but if we only lose 3000 due to that reason, it shouldn't be a problem don't you think?
I was just thinking with so many night games we might lose a few family members.

Lolz. Just reread above. Barring the apparent vampire attacks that will be snacking on families...:p:oops:

28663 down from 31,406 this time last year. Have the ANZ stadium memberships that came across from our move back to SCG now rolled off?
It's 29049 now, it might not have got updated until end of day. That's a little better, but still 2.5k or so down on last year.

I was just thinking with so many night games we might lose a few family members.

Lolz. Just reread above. Barring the apparent vampire attacks that will be snacking on families...:p:oops:

Hmm, hadn't thought of that (the families not the vampires! ;)), and that might effect years to come as those kids won't be indoctrinated! Sounds corny, but I think it will just be chalked down to the price of success (ie the almighty television ratings must be appeased!).

I cut our memberships down from four to two for next year. My daughters have their own lives now and don't get to as many games as they'd like and I don't think we used all four memberships at all last season.
The problem will be if we make the GF, only one can come with me! But I guess there's a lot of bridges to cross before I have to worry about that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back