Michael Hurley dodges talk on future

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for the Dons, and I couldn't see him leaving.

Doesn't seem in his character and especially given all Essendon did for him early on.
As far as I heard, GC's attempt 2 years ago was far more serious, and far more tempting, than GWS'.
I can't say whether that's 100% right but that's what I heard, there was some worry back then, almost none this time.

Some may have been but seeing you have put my quote up there I can say as a Pie fan I have worried far more about Cloke than Hurlley and rightly so it would appear. Well done to Dons.

Cloke is now the biggest suspect by far as to the player who had already come to terms with GWS in the off season. If the 1.5 M /yr is anywhere near the mark you could hardlt blame him

Not sold on Cloke going at all. Not so much from Cloke's end, but it seems the GWS have gone about this team fantastically - really understanding the mistakes the Suns have made with their age brackets. My feel is they will think that Cloke, at 25, is simply a little too old for their window. They are at least 4-5 years away, and there is a very good chance they would be throwing 1.5 per year at a bloke who wont bet getting a game at 30, with the rest of their talent.

I still think a young ruckman is in the gun. No idea who is out of contract, but just looking at their list, the let Longer go, they really only have Giles and have a stack of money to spend. Rucks around the league really have seen their job security lowered, especially those at clubs with multiple ruck options. I was very worried until Bellchambers signed, I wont sleep fully easily until we announce Ryder as signed.

Not sold on Cloke at all.

GWS
Pro's:
Big 2 NSW club
Possibility of being future captain
Playing under one of the greatest football minds of the modern era - SHEEDY
Next year the facilities will be the amongst the best in the league - Tulla is a wind sweapt hole.
Will earn greater respect as a one club player - counts for Zero.
Can lead GWS to it's 1st premiership (I don't believe Ess will necessarily win one before GWS, Ess has been down for a decade and that could continue for another decade )
Could become GWS highest paid player
Friendships within club and not too far from family.

I believe he is still very unhappy at how the club dealt with the cabbie bashing incident - hung him out to dry. I don't think he will walk out on the club - I think he will run...

His assault of a taxi driver in 2009, while unacceptable, made him determined to be the best person he could be. And the Bombers supported him.

Hurley -
"They were vital to me for myself as a person, and it was probably the hardest time of my life," he said.

"I made a mistake which I'm very remorseful for and I'd like to think I've moved on from that, learned from it."

GWS
Pro's:
Big 2 NSW club
Possibility of being future captain
Playing under one of the greatest football minds of the modern era - SHEEDY
Next year the facilities will be the amongst the best in the league - Tulla is a wind sweapt hole.
Will earn greater respect as a one club player - counts for Zero.
Can lead GWS to it's 1st premiership (I don't believe Ess will necessarily win one before GWS, Ess has been down for a decade and that could continue for another decade )
Could become GWS highest paid player
Friendships within club and not too far from family.

I believe he is still very unhappy at how the club dealt with the cabbie bashing incident - hung him out to dry. I don't think he will walk out on the club - I think he will run...

If Norf relocated to Sydney they wouldn't be a big 2 club

Some certain people (Not naming names, GO HAWKS) may want to get some new sources. As going off this thread, the ones they have really know **** all.

Unless of course, they listened to David "97% gone" Schwartz and considered it as fact.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back