Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're playing as key forward this season for South Adelaide then you need to make the most of your chances, and that's what Noah Howes does. Big lad with a mature body for an 18 year old, Howes moves well and is a strong contested mark (ranked second in the SANFL). His kicking is solid with a fluid action and he even has a few tricks in his bag.

If RCD makes it onto any list and plays AFL footy it is a further blight on the recruitment of Hopper and TT on mega deals .
Durham and RCD playing midfield at AFL level whilst hopper and TT can’t get on the park !!
So far how many B&F's does RCD have. Taranto hurt his wrist the last 30 seconds of training or otherwise he might be on his way to his second.

Waalitj Marawar (West Coast) are one of at least nine clubs to have met with West Perth’s Jasper Scaife as the Falcons prepare to lose the key forward in the mid-season rookie draft later this month.

The Eagles have opened up a spot ahead of the May 29 draft after small forward Noah Long was ruled out for the rest of the season because of a posterior cruciate ligament injury that needs surgery.

It comes as both football boss Gavin Bell and coach Adam Simpson play down the mid-season draft, despite having nabbed forward Ryan Maric and midfielder Jai Culley with the past two No.1 picks.

Scaife, 20, burst onto the WAFL scene this season after booting eight goals in his first three games, but has been a bit quieter in recent weeks with only one goal since.

The 197cm, 85kg prospect is touted as one of the top-five prospects in the mid-season rookie draft and has already attracted plenty of interest.

The Eagles currently hold pick No.3 in the draft and would need both North Melbourne and Richmond to overlook Scaife having also met with the forward either in person or over the internet.

At least nine clubs have met with him including Sydney, Narrm (Melbourne), Brisbane, Hawthorn, Euro-Yroke (St Kilda) and Kuwarna (Adelaide).

At least nine clubs have met Jasper Scaife. No

Scaife will only have one more chance to impress after being overlooked for the WAFL side in the state game against SANFL at Optus Stadium.

He will not play for the WAFL under-21 side against the WA under-18 team at Fremantle Community Bank Oval on Saturday, instead being rested before the Falcons take on Swan Districts in round eight.

Scaife isn’t the only West Australian on the radar of several clubs.

Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight is a chance to go with the No.1 pick as the Kangaroos desperately look to find key position players to help with their rebuild.

East Fremantle pair Brynn Teakle and Jed Hagan are also strong chances to be picked up.

Teakle was unlucky to miss out on a spot at Collingwood after training with them over the summer following being delisted by Port Adelaide.

He has since returned and become the dominant ruckman at league level in the WAFL for the Sharks.

Hagan was under the watchful eye of Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro earlier this month after a hot start in his return to East Fremantle, having booted 10 goals in six games.

SURPRISE NAMES IN MID-SEASON MIX​

FORMER Essendon, Greater Western Sydney and Carlton ruckman Andrew Phillips and ex-Tigers midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins have emerged as surprise contenders for the mid-season rookie draft later this month.

Collier-Dawkins was delisted by the Tigers after 11 games across four years back in 2022 and then struggled last season when he shifted into the SANFL at Woodville West-Torrens.

However, the 24-year-old moved to Williamstown this year and has put his name back on the radar of AFL clubs having averaged 24.1 disposals, 6.3 clearances and five tackles per game at the Seagulls.

I always thought that RCD had the tools, except for the smarts. he always seemed a little off with his timing and positioning to me.

One solution to those problems is just to play footy at a good level and learn. Also good coaching to help him learn what to do in what situation.

If he has learnt how to do footy, then he will be a good player long term. Hope if we reckon he has learnt we pick him up again. He would instantly add the size and speed we need right now. Can't see him being as good / better than TT or Hopper. But if he has learnt enough he can play alongside them using break away speed and size.

It's make me feel good anyway if he came back and did well. low expectations, but that is what you get in the MSD

Waalitj Marawar (West Coast) are one of at least nine clubs to have met with West Perth’s Jasper Scaife as the Falcons prepare to lose the key forward in the mid-season rookie draft later this month.

The Eagles have opened up a spot ahead of the May 29 draft after small forward Noah Long was ruled out for the rest of the season because of a posterior cruciate ligament injury that needs surgery.

It comes as both football boss Gavin Bell and coach Adam Simpson play down the mid-season draft, despite having nabbed forward Ryan Maric and midfielder Jai Culley with the past two No.1 picks.

Scaife, 20, burst onto the WAFL scene this season after booting eight goals in his first three games, but has been a bit quieter in recent weeks with only one goal since.

The 197cm, 85kg prospect is touted as one of the top-five prospects in the mid-season rookie draft and has already attracted plenty of interest.

The Eagles currently hold pick No.3 in the draft and would need both North Melbourne and Richmond to overlook Scaife having also met with the forward either in person or over the internet.

At least nine clubs have met with him including Sydney, Narrm (Melbourne), Brisbane, Hawthorn, Euro-Yroke (St Kilda) and Kuwarna (Adelaide).

At least nine clubs have met Jasper Scaife. No

Scaife will only have one more chance to impress after being overlooked for the WAFL side in the state game against SANFL at Optus Stadium.

He will not play for the WAFL under-21 side against the WA under-18 team at Fremantle Community Bank Oval on Saturday, instead being rested before the Falcons take on Swan Districts in round eight.

Scaife isn’t the only West Australian on the radar of several clubs.

Peel Thunder defender Jacob Blight is a chance to go with the No.1 pick as the Kangaroos desperately look to find key position players to help with their rebuild.

East Fremantle pair Brynn Teakle and Jed Hagan are also strong chances to be picked up.

Teakle was unlucky to miss out on a spot at Collingwood after training with them over the summer following being delisted by Port Adelaide.

He has since returned and become the dominant ruckman at league level in the WAFL for the Sharks.

Hagan was under the watchful eye of Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro earlier this month after a hot start in his return to East Fremantle, having booted 10 goals in six games.
Would be absolutely shocked if we took Scaife, the one position we are ok in is KPF. Howes would make far more sense for us to develop as an 18yo if we went down that path but sadly I’m expecting north to take Blight at #1 and you guys to take Howes at #2.

If you're playing as key forward this season for South Adelaide then you need to make the most of your chances, and that's what Noah Howes does. Big lad with a mature body for an 18 year old, Howes moves well and is a strong contested mark (ranked second in the SANFL). His kicking is solid with a fluid action and he even has a few tricks in his bag.

Not bad at all!

Not sure if you guys are after small(ish) forwards?

----

Will "Don't Call Me Gil" McLachlan's name was running hot in MSD discussions after this 6 goal haul against Murray. Will plays a little like a smaller Bayley Fritsch, getting a high percentage of his scoring shots from marking on the lead into space and up to the ball carrier. He'll need to work on his defensive efforts at the next level.

This is the guy

Solid size...can mark...involved in the play...no pace...sheet kick of the footy!
secrets be quiet GIF by Matt Cutshall

We need North to take him with the first pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the guy
Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

Been on this train since the start of the season. None of the KPF have really stood out as far as I'm concerned the only one I'd be really interested in is Blight from Peel if North overlooked him.

I hope we select him with our first pic

Not sure if you guys are after small(ish) forwards?

----

Will "Don't Call Me Gil" McLachlan's name was running hot in MSD discussions after this 6 goal haul against Murray. Will plays a little like a smaller Bayley Fritsch, getting a high percentage of his scoring shots from marking on the lead into space and up to the ball carrier. He'll need to work on his defensive efforts at the next level.

Looks a talent we could do with , similar to cumbo

It's got to be Howes, doesn't it? If North overlook him, we have to pounce. He is only 18, plenty of time to develop. Another SA boy which would be good for McAuliffe.
Will Bella from Coburg is worth a look Coburg have only won one game and Bella is averaging 1 goal 1 behind per game In a better side or a weaker league he would be kicking more goals and be in line for selection.

Saying TT can’t get on the park is a bit rough. Poor bloke played every game last season and is only missing games now because Nank fell onto his wrist. Hardly injury prone 😂
Didn’t say Taranto can’t get in the park but in reflection I can see how’s interpreted that I was having a dig for being injured .
Point I was trying to make was that the club went balls all in on hopper and Taranto and the cupboard is quite bare when they are unavailable yet is possible two blokes were under the clubs nose who could be now filling the void .
The club has seemingly assumed hopper and Taranto would play every game for the duration of their contract and paid them accordingly .
Others suggesting the trading of Taranto is already validated because he won a b&f , for ****s sake $7 million dollars .

Would be absolutely shocked if we took Scaife, the one position we are ok in is KPF. Howes would make far more sense for us to develop as an 18yo if we went down that path but sadly I’m expecting north to take Blight at #1 and you guys to take Howes at #2.
To my untrained eye Howe looks the most talented , I wouldn’t mind at all if we got scaife ,,,for the old timers he reminds me of Stevan Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back