Autopsy Mid-season Review/Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Our worst performances (bar Freo) have been in wet or slippery conditions: Bris, Essendon, Port, Geelong.

We just always seem slow to adapt to the conditions and tend to over-handball trying to pull off perfect ball movement. Seems to me we are very structured in the way we play which is good when it's up and running but can lead us to be slow to adapt to a) conditions or b) opponent tactics.

Robo-Goody at his finest.

Our worst performances (bar Freo) have been in wet or slippery conditions: Bris, Essendon, Port, Geelong.

We just always seem slow to adapt to the conditions and tend to over-handball trying to pull off perfect ball movement. Seems to me we are very structured in the way we play which is good when it's up and running but can lead us to be slow to adapt to a) conditions or b) opponent tactics.

Robo-Goody at his finest.
Yet two of those games we were infront at 3qt, to be fair should have been further down against Port, but that 3rd quarter was our best for the year. So we have shown we can play in the wet. I'm not sure what to make of our season, we've shown in patches we can move the ball quite nicely but It's starting to feel more 2022 ish, just doing enough to win can't finish out games.

Yet two of those games we were infront at 3qt, to be fair should have been further down against Port, but that 3rd quarter was our best for the year. So we have shown we can play in the wet. I'm not sure what to make of our season, we've shown in patches we can move the ball quite nicely but It's starting to feel more 2022 ish, just doing enough to win can't finish out games.
Yeah and we did the whole we were infront at half time bullshit against teams last year and we ended up being crap aswell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back