List Mgmt. Mid year draft? Who should Swans Target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of the Hirst pick. Puberty is an essential stage to have missed for a footy player.
I thought Hibberd might have been a chance to continue developing as an inside mid, and a real chance to play this year in that spot given he's 22 yrs old, 191 cm and 90kgs with a bit of run too.
Mixed bag for me.

Cody Hirst gets it and uses it well....saw him close up earlier in the NAB and he had an impact there...good by hand and foot, liked getting amongst it however not much of him though even as a top aged he was outsized. Good get for the future.

Why can't we have both

Da-da-da-da-da-da

(Cannot help myself.)

But in all seriousness, I don't get that vibe from this Knoll (admittedly from the very limited footage) To me he strikes me as just a big, lanky guy who won't be good for much besides tapping the ball. And that's fine by me. The other stuff like taking marks around the ground, laying tackles etc he could learn but what we really need from a ruck more than anything is just good tap-work.

I don't get it we have one fit proven ruckman on the list and everyone's like, "did Sydney really need a ruckman?"

Exactly.

Cameron doesn’t look like he will make the grade. Isn’t a strong enough ruckman for a bloke of 205cm. Not aggressive enough and not strong enough up forward. He came in as a more mature player and I think his ship has sailed.

Amartey isn’t a ruckman. Tippett is departing and Naismith is injury prone with no obvious prognosis of his return.

Should Sinclair go down next week, we almost have no one to ruck!

Exactly.

Cameron doesn’t look like he will make the grade. Isn’t a strong enough ruckman for a bloke of 205cm. Not aggressive enough and not strong enough up forward. He came in as a more mature player and I think his ship has sailed.

Amartey isn’t a ruckman. Tippett is departing and Naismith is injury prone with no obvious prognosis of his return.

Should Sinclair go down next week, we almost have no one to ruck!

Yeah I'm kinda with you on Cameron. I'd still like to see him maybe get the chance if this year becomes a write-off but it's not looking promising. Not only just the flaws you mentioned, but even his tap-work. He doesn't seem to have any real nous for it, and that's at NEAFL level against NEAFL-standard rucks. He could make it as a forward, but again, he's behind the pack there, so you're right his chances may be up.

Not a fan of the Hirst pick. Puberty is an essential stage to have missed for a footy player.
I thought Hibberd might have been a chance to continue developing as an inside mid, and a real chance to play this year in that spot given he's 22 yrs old, 191 cm and 90kgs with a bit of run too.
Mixed bag for me.

Maybe, we shall see. It is similar to getting Pyke at 23/24 except someone else was kind enough to do the groundwork.

or naismith might not make it
Listening to Dalrymple on Fox, there was not a lot of confidence when discussing Crayfish. Might be he is the one they have more concerns over and not Cameron?

Tigers imo pull off the best

Will see though

Biggest risk/reward selection. Not sure he’s the type that going to get games at Richmond. How many smalls do they need?

Da-da-da-da-da-da

(Cannot help myself.)

But in all seriousness, I don't get that vibe from this Knoll (admittedly from the very limited footage) To me he strikes me as just a big, lanky guy who won't be good for much besides tapping the ball. And that's fine by me. The other stuff like taking marks around the ground, laying tackles etc he could learn but what we really need from a ruck more than anything is just good tap-work.
It'll be like getting Naismith back early then. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Dalrymple on Fox, there was not a lot of confidence when discussing Crayfish. Might be he is the one they have more concerns over and not Cameron?

Naismith at least has a contract for the next two years. Cameron’s prospects of a new deal aren’t looking strong.

It'll be like getting Naismith back early then. :D

Which I'm fine with, and why I still prefer Naismith over Sinclair, despite rating neither that highly. I don't get the hype about rucks who do things around the ground. IMO it's just not that crucial. What's crucial is having a ruck who can give your midfielders a leg-up. Used to be the other way round but the new rules have made it so.

Stolen from another site

Michael KNOLL (South Adelaide SANFL)
R1 - 7 kicks 6 handballs 7 marks 5 tackles 23 hitouts
R2 - 7 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 4 tackles 10 hitouts
R3 - 3 kicks 8 handballs 5 marks 3 tackles 25 hitouts
R4 - 2 kicks 8 handballs 2 marks 8 tackles 22 hitouts
R5 - 3 kicks 2 handballs 2 marks 2 tackles 38 hitouts
R6 - 8 kicks 7 handballs 6 marks 5 tackles 47 hitouts 1 behind
R7 - 8 kicks 10 handballs 7 marks 3 tackles 35 hitouts

Crikey - who did he face in round 2? Good to see those tackle numbers though - indicates he's having a crack at ground level.
Nice to see those marks too. Hand-eye coordination :heavycheck:

Which I'm fine with, and why I still prefer Naismith over Sinclair, despite rating neither that highly. I don't get the hype about rucks who do things around the ground. IMO it's just not that crucial. What's crucial is having a ruck who can give your midfielders a leg-up. Used to be the other way round but the new rules have made it so.

Not every ruck is Grundy. Depends on your side I guess. With our side a tap ruck is more important though. I like the selection of Knoll

Crikey - who did he face in round 2? Good to see those tackle numbers though - indicates he's having a crack at ground level.

Not saying he’ll be as good but sounds like a Mumford type sort of.

If our rucks had broken even or went close to it v FakeReg we would have beaten Collingwood.

Maybe. They were always in control though. Not fussed about wins or losses. There were heaps of positives out of that game

Was against Port. Ladhams and Frampton has 24 and 23 hitouts respectively

We really do need the mark down the line player at times though. Sinkers has been too knackered, Buddy is incapable, and Reid out of form (prior to this weekend just gone). Seems Knoll might be serviceable in this regard. Can then leave McCartin inside 50 for the next kick - should force their defense to stay back on him as he's a threat in the air and on ground.
Wonder if he rooms with Cameron? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back