List Mgmt. Mitch Clark Delisted 24/10/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, that is exactly what depression does to you - it affects your ability to override your emotional response with a rational response. That is one of the reasons people with depression withdraw themselves - they know they are sometimes not pleasant to be around, and hate themselves more for it. Of course depression explains these behaviours, but if you had ever talked to someone with depression, they would be unlikely to ever use it as a justification.

I imagine your comment was flippant, but it is the equivalent of suggesting that having a broken leg shouldn't absolve you of walking. Depression is a physical disorder of brain tissue resulting in abnormal functioning brain activity.

Here is a link you might want to read, if you want to be informed about the disease: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/depression/signs-and-symptoms
This is a bloody good post.

we always here about footballers wasting their talent

I think with Clark the football club wasted the talent they had
modern football is beyond me sometimes I admit

what has been done is done, however
I will still scratch my head wondering why the Hawk/Clark combo did not work

Thank god it's over. I said he was Hmac mk2 before he even played his first game with us. Seems I'm better at reading players than our recruiting team. Perhaps I should get a job there.

Thank god it's over. I said he was Hmac mk2 before he even played his first game with us. Seems I'm better at reading players than our recruiting team. Perhaps I should get a job there.

I'd say you're too realistic and not interested in feel good stories. You'd foolishly focus on players who were actually capable of consistently playing football. You may not be suited, sorry.

Actually, that is exactly what depression does to you - it affects your ability to override your emotional response with a rational response. That is one of the reasons people with depression withdraw themselves - they know they are sometimes not pleasant to be around, and hate themselves more for it. Of course depression explains these behaviours, but if you had ever talked to someone with depression, they would be unlikely to ever use it as a justification.

I imagine your comment was flippant, but it is the equivalent of suggesting that having a broken leg shouldn't absolve you of walking. Depression is a physical disorder of brain tissue resulting in abnormal functioning brain activity.

Here is a link you might want to read, if you want to be informed about the disease: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/depression/signs-and-symptoms

Probably one of the best posts I've ever read on BF. Thanks for such a great post

I have read Ricketz post a number of times. It was written in response to a poster who made a statement that needed some clarification....clearly written by someone who had experience of it and was aware of the condition and its symptomology.

Personally i didn't find it "patronizing" in any way at all.

As you say though....each to their own.

15326346_1176770462414355_201798568895106017_n.jpg

Glad he's found some happiness at least. Best of luck to him.

To each their own. Some of us are quite aware of it, have had very close experience of it, and don't need to be patronised.
As someone who has suffered from depression for literally as long as I can remember, I didn't feel patronised in the slightest. Infact, all it did was resonate with me which I'm sure it has with other posters as well.

Anyway, back to Mitch Clark. Clearly things didn't work out at Geelong and clearly it was a mistake in us recruiting him. Despite all that I wish him nothing but the best and hope that he finds some peace and happiness in his life which in the recent past seems to have been lacking. Good luck Mitch and all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back