MLB 2017 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Rangers sweep Nationals in Washington which seemed very unlikely.

That Judge homer was MASSIVE, He is a freak.

Colorado continue to improve and surprise a lot of people (Not me) they have gone 8-2 in the last 10 and are 24-11 AWAY from Coors field. Incredible stuff so far in a loaded division

Aaron Judge is such an excited player at the plate. He'll be getting close to 50 HR's this year if he can stay healthy and the RoY is in the bag. He could even go close to the MVP, too.

My Cubbies are definitely taking Joe Maddon's "Embrace the Suck" motto on board this year. We've been terrible all year and despite it we're 31-32 and 1.5GB in the division.

So slightly off topic for the guys and girls that have been to MLB live, I am planning my trip at end of year, where is the best spots to sit???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who are more familiar with the finer details of the game, I just got an email from the Cubs (I am on their supporter email list after attending a game) detailing what they drafted. Something like 25 pitchers and then about a dozen position players.

Do clubs literally draft pitchers with a scatter gun approach hoping that some of them will work out?

For those who are more familiar with the finer details of the game, I just got an email from the Cubs (I am on their supporter email list after attending a game) detailing what they drafted. Something like 25 pitchers and then about a dozen position players.

Do clubs literally draft pitchers with a scatter gun approach hoping that some of them will work out?

I can only speak for the Cubs, that after going very position player heavy in the last few drafts, they're in a situation where the organisation doesn't have many high-end pitchers. Outside of the Cubs rotation (which isn't that good), bullpen (not that good) and guys like Cease/Clifton who are some time away, they need to draft for pitching. This draft for the Cubs was always going to be pitcher heavy and probably next years too.

In hindsight, the Cubs would've been better off selecting Giolito, Wacha or Stroman over Almora. It was a poor selection.

Salvy Perez uses Miggy Cabreras bat to hit his first grand slam as the Royals beat the Red Sox.

Royals having a very good June.

Braves talking about moving Freeman to 3rd base for the rest of the year. Seems very strange, left handers don't often play any infield position except 1st base. We aren't going to make the playoffs so don't see the point apart from getting adams trade value so high that at the end of the year we get a good trade for him.

Braves talking about moving Freeman to 3rd base for the rest of the year. Seems very strange, left handers don't often play any infield position except 1st base. We aren't going to make the playoffs so don't see the point apart from getting adams trade value so high that at the end of the year we get a good trade for him.

From what I can find, very rare for lefties to play 3rd base. 5 in history, and 4 of them did it for 3 games or less

Remove this Banner Ad

Back