Multiplat Mortal Kombat 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why they weren't popular but I did like Cyrax, Sektor and Stryker back in the day.

Just my opinion however I see MK3 as one of the weakest entries in the series. They removed the ninja's which were all really popular, especially Scorpion who with Sub Zero is the most popular character and the cyborgs seemed to be their replacements. I reckon Boon and Tobias thought the same as they rushed out Ultimate MK3 then MK Trilogy and reintroduced them all and added more such as Rain, Ermac, a playable human Smoke and Noob Saibot.

Anyone have the full starting list and the DLC characters that will be introduced later on?

Dont have the full list, I don't think the full roster has actually been revealed but from what I have seen:

Sub Zero
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Raiden
Kung Lao
Sonya
Kano
Jax
Kenshi
Johnny Cage
Rain
Reptile
Smoke
Cyrax
Sector
Ashra
Havik
Tonya
Mileena
Geras
Kitana
Shang Tsung
Goro
Baraka
Lie Mei (I think)

Pretty promising line up so far.

Just my opinion however I see MK3 as one of the weakest entries in the series. They removed the ninja's which were all really popular, especially Scorpion who with Sub Zero is the most popular character and the cyborgs seemed to be their replacements. I reckon Boon and Tobias thought the same as they rushed out Ultimate MK3 then MK Trilogy and reintroduced them all and added more such as Rain, Ermac, a playable human Smoke and Noob Saibot.
MK Trilogy on the N64 is still my favourite MK game

Holy sh*t this crept up fast. Comes out in 8 days. Perfect timing with school holidays starting.

Will be busy with this and Baldurs Gate 3. Perfect combination too.

I want this but just hard time wise with kids to get any decent amount of time and one due any day now. Probably wait til Xmas/Boxing Day sales .

Thoughts on it so far?

Managed to get some more game in this morning. It's really really good. For me it's the most polished aesthetically fighting game out there. The kameo system which I was hesitant about early actually works well.

I miss the krypt, but the new invasion mode is alright from the early part of playing.

My main gripe though, is there's a big chunk of the roster only usable as secondary cameo characters. I assume they will be added in as playable in later DLC.... but the fact that you can only use jax/kano/frost etc as secondary kameos is annoying

I played it for a bit earlier today (Sub-zero for the win) the Kameo system is basically a "spin off" of the Injustice 2/MK 11 thing where you had "guests" assist in fights with special requirements (hit the shoulder buttons or the right analog stick to trigger them etc). I think they'll be more of a hindrance than a help (for my game style at least haha).

Reptile announced as one of the core roster members.

I’m torn with this game, we have a little girl due on the 20th of September and one of the other kids is just under 2 so can’t play much when he’s around and be limited game time but got a few weeks off and be some late nights so probably get sucked into purchasing this in the end. Was hoping with NBA out the week before it would stop me buying MK and wait for game pass or cheaper but it’s sounding really good I’m finding it hard to say no.
Has she been born yet? What an exciting time for you. Enjoy fatherhood. It's magical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has she been born yet? What an exciting time for you. Enjoy fatherhood. It's magical.
Not yet still waiting out little 2 year old is keen as mustard to meet her.
It really is isn’t it, watching them get some much enjoyment is priceless.

Not yet still waiting out little 2 year old is keen as mustard to meet her.
It really is isn’t it, watching them get some much enjoyment is priceless.
Just have a 13 month old myself, but seeing her laugh/smile/experience joy is the greatest thing.

Thought i'd dip my toe into online over the weekend. Matched with someone else who was playing there first online game. I suck bad lol but managed to get the win. The bloke was RAGING hard. yelling all sorts of expletives.
Match finished and i turned my control mic on and was like..
"Mate, relax.... Its just a game.... Life goes on" lol
He replied
"Yeah... Sorry about that, been a rough day"

Actual playing roster is very thin. Counted 23 characters, then saw most of the guys I wanted to use were kameos.

Having kameo characters that you can’t use was a questionable decision.

Actual playing roster is very thin. Counted 23 characters, then saw most of the guys I wanted to use were kameos.

Having kameo characters that you can’t use was a questionable decision.
My thinking is they must be either rotating a Kameo roster and releasing the rest as DLC or season pass unlockable content.
This is really the only WB property with good grace so it would seem really silly to bury the product like this.
I mean, to have characters like Jax/stryker/kano/Cyrax as only kameos but Lei Mei and Nitara replacing them instead of just being additions is quite puzzling.

Fully expect the Kameo fighters to be drip fed in ALA Tekken 7

My thinking is they must be either rotating a Kameo roster and releasing the rest as DLC or season pass unlockable content.
This is really the only WB property with good grace so it would seem really silly to bury the product like this.
I mean, to have characters like Jax/stryker/kano/Cyrax as only kameos but Lei Mei and Nitara replacing them instead of just being additions is quite puzzling.

Fully expect the Kameo fighters to be drip fed in ALA Tekken 7

You would hope so. And hopefully at no extra cost - unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back