Multiplat Mortal Kombat 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Installation of actual modes is taking forever!

Played a few games vs the CPU and done a few tutorials. Gonna take a while to get the hang of.

Have plated with Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke and Kenshi so far.

Really enjoyed playing with Smoke and Reptile.

Really need to understand the mechanics properly to do blocks properly and string some combos together.

Installation of actual modes is taking forever!

Played a few games vs the CPU and done a few tutorials. Gonna take a while to get the hang of.

Have plated with Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke and Kenshi so far.

Really enjoyed playing with Smoke and Reptile.

Really need to understand the mechanics properly to do blocks properly and string some combos together.
Whats a block??? Mash mash mash baby lol

Not liking MK1 that much tbh.

Feels like you're playing in quicksand. All characters look the same, characters really need variations. Kameo implementation is poor. Character customization is slower and a downgrade to MK11. Invasion Mode sucks. Still no crossplay somehow.

Last edited:
I've been playing for a week. Reckon MK11 was better, this game feels a little rushed. Also a little pissy Kano didn't make the roster.

Same. Only played this for 3-4 hours but I was hooked onto MK11 immediately. Haven’t had that feeling with MK1.

Graphics are insanely good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm a huge fan of MK11 and I'm trying to understand the Kameo system (I dont have the game). In MK11 you can call in characters to assist with a special move by earning stuff in The Krypt, is Kameo different?

Also can you customise the costumes? i.e can you choose a classic ninja sub zero, scorpion, smoke, reptile with the masks and hoods?

So I'm a huge fan of MK11 and I'm trying to understand the Kameo system (I dont have the game). In MK11 you can call in characters to assist with a special move by earning stuff in The Krypt, is Kameo different?

Also can you customise the costumes? i.e can you choose a classic ninja sub zero, scorpion, smoke, reptile with the masks and hoods

In MK1, the Kameo system is actually ingrained into the main fighting system.

Kameos' are basically fancy combo extenders and serve as a combo breaker / set up tool.

There's gear customization but it's nowhere near as good as MK11. I think in MK1 characters just have one main piece to change then colour palettes for limited skins. Very boring.

Really hoping they add more customization options in future updates. Otherwise this will only be a casual game with friends
Which kills me koz i have no friends...
Who play MK1..

Yeah when you take away the Krypt, strip back the kustomisation and the story can be done in like 2 hours theres not much left unless your playing online or with mates. Invasions is just winning easy matches with the odd change in modifiers but nothing that makes you want to get back to it. Just needless busy work

I know there plan is to make it akin to Tekken 7 with ongoing kontent, but its looking thin at the moment.

It’s a phenomenal game.

Just lacking in things to do, unfortunately. Fingers crossed things are added over the journey, otherwise it’ll end up just taking up space on my PS5.

Geez Invasions mode is absolutely terrible. Only lasted 30 minutes and was bored to tears.

Story Mode was a 9/10 though. Chose Reptile as my final fighter. Felt fitting.

Not sure how much longer I will play this. Not a fan of playing Online and getting my ass handed to me.

And I miss the intro conversations between characters. Where have they gone?!

Have a look at old Nostradamus here...

I watched the whole review and as far as reviews go, its bad.

The game literally excludes the very thing the game is called. Its always been about the POKEMON. CATCH. THEM. ALL.

You literally cannot.

Imagine if the next Mortal Kombat came out and they just straight up didnt include half the roster so they could "Dedicate the time to animating a few new characters and the remaining ones" and then proceeded to reuse the animations from 2 games previous.

This is mean to be a AAA game!
Or made half the roster unplayable Kameos....

So I see there are new DLC characters being added but are the Kameo fighters going to be made playable? Can you also change Scorpion, Sub Zero , Reptile skins to the classic ninja?

I love MK 11 but a bit unsure of this.

The wife got me this as an early Xmas present. Had a handful of single games to get the hang of it. Graphically probably the best game I’ve ever played.

I started the campaign story and just watched the first movie but ended it at that as I ran out of time to play before heading away for Xmas.

Looking forward to getting stuck in to this when returning.

Finished the story it was great. Shame you can’t do fatalities during the story. I mean people are getting killed left right and centre anyway.

Started invasions and it’s very boring and dull. Not a huge fan of the customisation stuff to me it doesn’t matter that much. Why on earth would you fork out $$$ for a Kameo fighter?

One small gripe with the story it did feel a bit confusing at times. Like they tried to fit as many people in but end up not giving them a great amount of time.

Without spoiling the names but dissapointing why some of the Kameo fighters aren’t even sighted in the story either..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back