Most advantaged and disadvantaged clubs

Who is the most advantaged team in the league?

• Adelaide

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 310 44.2%
  • Carlton

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 77 11.0%
  • Westcoast

Votes: 113 16.1%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Geelong

Votes: 184 26.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Sydney

Votes: 74 10.5%
  • Giants

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Freo

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve tried to claim we are advantaged by a rule that applies to every team in the comp. doesn’t get much more childish than that

There's your mistake. The rules were not the same for non-Victorian clubs.

So why are we more advantaged than the other 9?

Why are you more disadvantaged than WC or Freo or Adelaide, just because you have a link to a club that never existed in the National comp?

Settle down petal.

1. You weren't.
2. We weren't.

But in terms of advantages - those 10 Vic clubs which included Geelong had an advantage over the others. Indisputable.

Waiting to hear how we got a leg up by getting pick 47 in the 1999 draft or something
Congratulations for an all time melt....

You have benefited from a very favorable father son concession, only an idiot would think otherwise.

Lol.

‘Melt.’

Tell me again about our crowds.
I'm done wasting my time with someone that tells me to * off.

If you don't understand what Port (and Adelaide) needs to break even and how much that differs from you, you aren't worth responding too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and it's not even a contest. The only Vic team with a true home ground advantage plus they get to play the G more than any interstate team without really travelling to do so.

Or how much cash have any other Vic clubs put into the development of State-owned grounds?
The only club that doesn't get 11 home games by choice.
Everyone else that has less than 11 chooses to sell games elsewhere.

Straightforward case of us being the most disadvantaged I'd have thought STPer18

05: Sydney
06: West Coast
07: Geelong
08: Hawthorn
09: Geelong
10: Collingwood
11: Geelong
12: Sydney
13: Hawthorn
14: Hawthorn
15: Hawthorn
16: Western Bulldogs
17: Richmond
18: West Coast

Poll rankings

1. Collingwood
2. Geelong
3. West Coast
4. Richmond
5. Sydney
6. Hawthorn
6. GWS
8. Essendon

Seems Bigfooty is just salty at those that win s**t.
Don't be bitter, get better.

Another election, another $20 million gift for Geelong Football Club.
The Salvos or St Vinnies must shake their heads down there.
Lets hope they use it to widen the ground from Auskick width to AFL standard.
Only Bigfooty comes up with the notion of what is and isn't AFL standard.
TV wasn't invented when this 'not up to standard' venue was constructed.

Only now that we've been good for a decade or so is it a problem.
Not when there was a 44 year flag drought. Not a peep.

Most Advantaged:

West Coast: 12 games at their fortress inc finals
Adelaide: See WC
Port: See WC
Fremantle: See WC
Richmond: 14 games at their home ground inc final
Collingwood: See Richmond
Hawthorn: See Richmond and inc Tassie deal

Most Disadvantaged:

Geelong: 9 home games with no finals

The only club that doesn't get 11 home games by choice.
Everyone else that has less than 11 chooses to sell games elsewhere.

Straightforward case of us being the most disadvantaged I'd have thought STPer18

Which part of this is wrong mate
You chose to move games to the g when it suited you now that it doesn't you are throwing a tantrum
You get the massive home ground advantage of an interstate team a whole 1 less time than true interstate teams
You travel the same amount of times as collingwood the team a bunch of you are arguing as the most advantaged a whole 5 times less than interstate teams.

I would take traveling 5 less times and a true home ground advantage 9 times over 1 extra true home game every day of the week.

Come have a proper discussion instead of hiding on the cats board and taking potshots you baby.

You chose to move games to the g when it suited you now that it doesn't you are throwing a tantrum
You get the massive home ground advantage of an interstate team a whole 1 less time than true interstate teams
You travel the same amount of times as collingwood the team a bunch of you are arguing as the most advantaged a whole 5 times less than interstate teams.

I would take traveling 5 less times and a true home ground advantage 9 times over 1 extra true home game every day of the week.

Come have a proper discussion instead of hiding on the cats board and taking potshots you baby.
All of it is wrong

You’re an angry man these days. Modding a crèche would do that I guess.

By choice: Wrong. Search for comments by Cook.

11 home games. 11 away. We have 9 so home ground advantage is false.

We travel interstate roughly the same as everyone else give or take year by year.

Lastly, and this one you didn’t mention. We’ve played two home finals in 122 years. TWO.

Fans on this site are massive sooks when it comes to us. It’s as if you all think we should have ended up like what Ross Oakley and Wayne Jackson wanted. A marquee tenant of Docklands. That’s right they wanted us relocated in the 90s.

We stayed, worked hard over probably a decade to reduce our millions of debt. Lobbied and rebuilt our home ground (contributing millions each time btw), which financially set the club back, yet that becomes another thing this site whinges about. That a club dared have a home ground. Not our fault Melbourne clubs decided to leave theirs over the years, not our fault they didn’t fight harder to keep theirs, to get it upgraded and maintain it. Not our fault nobody at AFL house can fathom that we’re not the Melbourne cats. Until we get 11 matches in Geelong each H&A season, and finals (when earned) we cannot be labelled as the club with the most advantages.

As someone else said on here though, we’re not exactly the most disadvantaged either.

All the arguments over travel, neutral matches, finals etc that we see on here is utter bollocks. Bottom line is that only 1 club gets less than 11 matches on its ground having not had a say in the matter. The one’s that sell games to Tassie or Darwin or China or Ballarat choose to do so.

You’re an angry man these days. Modding a crèche would do that I guess.

By choice: Wrong. Search for comments by Cook.

11 home games. 11 away. We have 9 so home ground advantage is false.

We travel interstate roughly the same as everyone else give or take year by year.

Lastly, and this one you didn’t mention. We’ve played two home finals in 122 years. TWO.

Fans on this site are massive sooks when it comes to us. It’s as if you all think we should have ended up like what Ross Oakley and Wayne Jackson wanted. A marquee tenant of Docklands. That’s right they wanted us relocated in the 90s.

We stayed, worked hard over probably a decade to reduce our millions of debt. Lobbied and rebuilt our home ground (contributing millions each time btw), which financially set the club back, yet that becomes another thing this site whinges about. That a club dared have a home ground. Not our fault Melbourne clubs decided to leave theirs over the years, not our fault they didn’t fight harder to keep theirs, to get it upgraded and maintain it. Not our fault nobody at AFL house can fathom that we’re not the Melbourne cats. Until we get 11 matches in Geelong each H&A season, and finals (when earned) we cannot be labelled as the club with the most advantages.

As someone else said on here though, we’re not exactly the most disadvantaged either.

All the arguments over travel, neutral matches, finals etc that we see on here is utter bollocks. Bottom line is that only 1 club gets less than 11 matches on its ground having not had a say in the matter. The one’s that sell games to Tassie or Darwin or China or Ballarat choose to do so.

Like i said you originally choose to move games away from Geelong. Now that it no longer suits you cook has piped up and that is fair enough. Move your games that will only give you a bigger advantage.

You travel 5 times per season, the same as Collingwood.

Like i said though i would take 2 less games at the g and 2 faux home games at marvel oh wait we also get forced to have home games at a ground that isn't our home because the afl need big games to pay for marvel so its not just you like you claim. If we were the only mcg tenants i would take only 9 Games there and the rest at marvel in a heartbeat.

Finals is your only valid point.

Geelong and it's not even a contest. The only Vic team with a true home ground advantage plus they get to play the G more than any interstate team without really travelling to do so.
Don't try telling it to them though.
They still think Hawthorn playing Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood etc at the MCG is a home ground advantage because they wear dark shorts....... The same when Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood play the co tenants.
They get another $20 million gift today at election time yet they're still the victims.

Maybe the AFL could take all the money it wasted trying to get a club running on the Gold Coast and give that to Vinnies or the Salvos.
Gold Coast and GWS are fully funded by the 9th TV game. Everyone knows this and we ran a profit in our 9th year - unlike Geelong that needed a green grocer to bail them out debt after 100+ years.

Back