Most goals in a game you've been involved in by the 1 player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not involved personally, but remember hearing Ross Gibbs went down to Victor after his SANFL days and booted 30 in a game.

Legend has it that he kicked the goal to get to 100 for the year, sans pants. Was promptly sent from the field.

Remember an u15's game where we had a rematch with a club which had the dominant full fwd in the comp playing for them.

The game before hand I'd played on him (at the time I was a chb, didn't grow much after that) and he had kicked 2 goals total for the game. Got a spray from the captain's dad telling me that the bloke is so fat he can't run (was a man mountain) and he shouldn't have got near it.

The next game they tried one of the clubs favourites (coaches son) as the man mountain's direct opponent and he had 3 to 1/4 time. Then they put another golden haired child on him, the bloke had kicked 7 to half time. They ended up putting the captain (tall midfielder, made u14's or 16's All Aus team) on him after half time. He ended up kicking 11 goals for the match, after averaging 6 a game for the season.

Funnily enough not a negative word was uttered about the performance of the captain, nor the coaches son. Gotta love those ridiculous clique country footy clubs at times, know exactly how to shoot themselves in the foot.

Anyone play in this classic ?

Round 4 - May 2, 2009
Kersbrook 80.22 (502) def Callington 1.1 (7)
Goals - Kersbrook: R James 23

104 scoring shots in 80 mins of football, how the hell is that even possible ?

BTW R James is former Norwood and Power player Roger James, pretty sure Brett James was playing as well.

Not involved personally, but remember hearing Ross Gibbs went down to Victor after his SANFL days and booted 30 in a game.

Legend has it that he kicked the goal to get to 100 for the year, sans pants. Was promptly sent from the field.

Was against Encounter Bay in the years they had 13 year olds making up the numbers to form a team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone play in this classic ?

Round 4 - May 2, 2009
Kersbrook 80.22 (502) def Callington 1.1 (7)
Goals - Kersbrook: R James 23

104 scoring shots in 80 mins of football, how the hell is that even possible ?

BTW R James is former Norwood and Power player Roger James, pretty sure Brett James was playing as well.

That same year (or similar) Gumeracha beat Callington by a similar margin. Gumeracha coach kicked 40 goals that game.
I played Callington in a game we won by 45 goals... everyone kicked a goal that game except me

Well not quite the haul of some here but today I got my biggest bag of sausage rolls ever. Not bad for a 50 year old.
I Kicked 3 goals v the Auskick kids at Whitfield State school. We parents were 3 goals up with about 2 minutes to go but some nicely timed fumbles in the dying minutes had the 7 to 12 year olds snatch a 5 point victory on the siren. :)

That same year (or similar) Gumeracha beat Callington by a similar margin. Gumeracha coach kicked 40 goals that game.
I played Callington in a game we won by 45 goals... everyone kicked a goal that game except me

Heard a few clubs did that to Callington, every player got a goal! The team could of kicked 60 plus goals but kept passing it around

High school footy Josh Mail kicked 6 as a rover, Gilbert McAdam kicked 10 apparently a year before I played. An ol mate of mine kicked 12 for his high school at 14 years of age, played u18s at 14/15 for Norwood, could have played top level AFL or Cricket or Basketball for Australia. Best sportsman I have ever seen bar none. Anyway unstable homes and unstable friends can turn your world upside down. The guy is 6'6, 110 kg and could run and leap like a gazelle.

I kicked two Joe the Goose goals in PE class in sixth grade when our Australian teacher tried to teach us the game. They were the only goals anyone scored. Nobody really understood what a handball was or what was supposed to happen when we caught a kick, but we got to run around and tackle each other and so I decided I liked the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back