MRP is a flip flopping circus

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I know it has been a source of debate on here, I asked Nyhuis at training this morning if it was his or the clubs decision not to challenge the charge and he said it was the clubs since he doesn't understand the ins and outs of the system.

He also didn't seem overly pleased with the length of the suspension which is understandable.

Pathetic and spineless from the club. They need to stop bending over for the AFL.

I asked Nyhuis at training this morning if it was his or the clubs decision not to challenge the charge and he said it was the clubs since he doesn't understand the ins and outs of the system.

He also didn't seem overly pleased with the length of the suspension which is understandable.

This is fuc_king unbelievable. Bond should be served with a "please explain" letter, with a copy of wayToGo_'s post attached.

I would hope Ryan is not communicating his displeasure about the process & outcome solely through a training watcher.

He didn't. I just asked who's decision it was and that is what he said. His body language is what made me think he wasn't overly pleased with the length of ban.

Do we believe the club and player group maintain the fiction that the MRP/Tribunal represents fair process??

Just yesterday Ross was repeating the oft cited cliché 'all anyone wants is consistency'.
Commented that the system was once again 'under review'.

They know the system is bent/broken and biased and would have done their calculations in that context.

SNAFU.

It's obscene but I was pleasantly surprised they accepted careless rather than intentional.
I don't agree with the sentence but believe it was a very predictable outcome; whether you argued the point or not.

Do we believe the club and player group maintain the fiction that the MRP/Tribunal represents fair process??

Just yesterday Ross was repeating the oft cited cliché 'all anyone wants is consistency'.
Commented that the system was once again 'under review'.

They know the system is bent/broken and biased and would have done their calculations in that context.

SNAFU.

It's obscene but I was pleasantly surprised they accepted careless rather than intentional.
I don't agree with the sentence but believe it was a very predictable outcome; whether you argued the point or not.
100% agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nyhuis has every right to be filthy at the club over this, they let him down big time.
Rubbish

He was convicted on Sunday. You had people calling for the send off. Media saying it was the worst tackle in a decade. Hinkley threw him under the bus. 4 weeks up to six was the consensus.

The media outrage was so big there was no option. There is no justice in the court of the media.

Gray's contribution was always going to be ignored. The only defense was Gray increased the impact. That would start another wave of media assassinations with the club being called out for victim blaming poor Robbie. And then having it reduced to high impact rather than severe by the jury was highly unlikely.

Of course its not fair and Nyhuis copped a poor deal. But from Sunday on that was the only outcome there was ever going to be.

Well I am glad I am not a club doctor..... :)

Kingswood, I'm a steak & chips sort of guy, if you are concussed, you are concussed. Therefore there is an automatic one week rest.

I've heard too many ex players admit that they were crap if they played the next week after a massive head shock. The brain is obviously still recovering.

With this litigious society ( thanks to the Septic Tanks ), the Port doctors should err on the side of caution. Have the match committee put pressure on the Docs ?.

Kingswood, I'm a steak & chips sort of guy, if you are concussed, you are concussed. Therefore there is an automatic one week rest.

I've heard too many ex players admit that they were crap if they played the next week after a massive head shock. The brain is obviously still recovering.

With this litigious society ( thanks to the Septic Tanks ), the Port doctors should err on the side of caution. Have the match committee put pressure on the Docs ?.
I would have been very hesitant to have let him play....Cross fingers he doesnt get another head knock this week. He has gone from reports of been "groggy" earlier in teh week, to as fit as a fiddle. this concerns me!

I would have been very hesitant to have let him play....Cross fingers he doesnt get another head knock this week. He has gone from reports of been "groggy" earlier in teh week, to as fit as a fiddle. this concerns me!
Think you will find the grogginess miraculously all cleared up at precisely 4:55pm on Tuesday ;) **** Hinkley, the tosser!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back