AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Demons
got this album the other day, not a fan of emo at all, but heard it was good

and everyone is right

epic album, first few tracks merge intogether very well

the title track is fecking huge

MCR are so far the rest of the emo crap that goes around today, they are one of the best rock bands in the world at the moment

and the frontman, he knows how to make a song, thats for sure

Good song that, Welcome To The Black Parade. Dont like the band much though. Mainly because of their weird fans. Which is a bit of a shame.

The albums great, definately recomend it. To those saying they don't like a certain band because of some of the fans they attract, grow up.

they have matured from the whole emo thing, lead singer doesnt even have his hair all over his face any more, cant be emo :p

benrey_demons said:
got this album the other day, not a fan of emo at all, but heard it was good

and everyone is right

epic album, first few tracks merge intogether very well

the title track is fecking huge

MCR are so far the rest of the emo crap that goes around today, they are one of the best rock bands in the world at the moment

and the frontman, he knows how to make a song, thats for sure

silly...silly boy:thumbsdown: you should be:eek:
*shakes head*

This is a band I'm interested in discovering. Have liked the few tunes I've heard from this band(especially the one with the 'Saving Private Ryan' film clip), and I've read some excellent reviews of this album. Unlike alot of people (this thread being a case in point), I'll judge a band when I've heard their MUSIC, not by what 'genre/label' others thrust upon that band. I don't two flying fat ****s if someone calls them emo, and that 'emo sucks.' Good music is good music, no matter what label people try to put on something....

Roddy said:
This is a band I'm interested in discovering. Have liked the few tunes I've heard from this band(especially the one with the 'Saving Private Ryan' film clip), and I've read some excellent reviews of this album. Unlike alot of people (this thread being a case in point), I'll judge a band when I've heard their MUSIC, not by what 'genre/label' others thrust upon that band. I don't two flying fat ****s if someone calls them emo, and that 'emo sucks.' Good music is good music, no matter what label people try to put on something....
Yeah spot on.

I dunno what it is, but there is something slightly intruiging about this band isnt there?

I think i'm a little too old to get too sucked into this whole emo hating bullsh*t and have never really been like that anyway. Sure, i dont really get why they want to look like that and i laugh at alot of the kids i see with their striped socks and their miserable make-up etc the same as i used to laugh at the Goths when i was a teenager, but live and let live i guess. Whatever fluffs ya duck.

My main problem with alot of the bands that fall under the umbrella is that alot of what i've heard have been sh*t tunes played by even sh*tter players where so much of it seems to be image over any real substance.

But if its done well then i like melody and a good power pop tune (which is essentially what emo is IMO) as much as anyone.

And i'll admit that when i first heard that Helena tune of their's a coupla years ago, i didnt hate it. Ridiculously over the top, but thats never stopped me getting into a band (i got most of my mates into the Darkness back in the day...) and that chorus used to fair dinkum plague me. I'd have that in my head for hours after i heard it!

Then i saw the film clip and i was tempted to punch myself in the head. And i heard a live recording of the same song and it really disappointed me and i pretty much wrote MCR off.

But then i read the reviews if their latest offering and it has pricked my interest again. I dont think much of the first single though and i have been burnt by reviews many times (The Strokes, The Vines...) but i guess thats what computers are great for now arent they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have no time for this mob, but read the reviews and had a bloke from work burn me the new album.

No time for it at all. The blokes voice is a poxy, strained whinge. Average musos. The title track is just them fighting way out of their weight division. Sentiment is fine, I like big songs with big ideas but they just don't get close to pulling it off IMO. Doesn't work at all.

i love the album.
cant stop listening to it infact.
its a huge step from their last two.
if you brought their first album and compared it with the black parade you would question if its the same band.
alot of different sounds but thats why i like and i think many others would too.
i got the album the day it came out..so only a week ago and ive already burnt it 12 times because so many of my friends that would never usually listen to such music are really liking their sound at the moment, not giving a crap on the genre they fall into. or what the hell they look like.
its good to see people look past that if they hear a quality song..or album.
i bet it will be rather high on the charts this week. which will be weird to see.

hahaha its funny to see all these people claim to like this ********e now.i find it very amusing.this is not great music,its been done a trillian times before.

like NorthBhoy said "big songs with big ideas but they just don't get close to pulling it off IMO"

why??? because its genric punk/pop at its core peoples.some ********ing amature piano and marching band drum intros are not going to suddenly pull of an epic song.2 minutes into that BP song it just sounds like every pop/punk band thats been played on radio for the last 10 years.

to top it all off the vocalist is utter ********e.thats not a great rock singer:thumbsdown:

Not usually my cup of tea, I did hear Dead! on the radio the other day and thought that was pretty good. First MCR song I've heard to be honest. I bought the album on the strength of that song. Haven't had a chance to listen to it just yet. First song reminds me a bit too much of Bowie's 5 years, and there were a few pretty standard tracks in the first half (only listened to the first half) so I am undecided at the moment.

Great post, I like a band if I enjoy listening to their music, not because of what genre they may be considered, what clothes the band members wear or what their fans are like, all of that is completely irrelevant.

Grabbed the album as I'll probably be seeing them at the BDO and just can't get into it very much. I rate them a solid OK and will see them if there's nothing better on. Nothing much here though.

yeah well i finally heard it, it started off OK, a lot better then most songs from bands like MCR, but then drops off to the usual cliche crap that you expect from them, and lets not forget the turning point to crap was when the singer opened his mouth, awful voice and anybody who thinks otherwise is freaking deluded

LMFAO!!!

They just played this on JJJ and the chick presenter comes on after it and asks... "Do you think in 20 years time people will be singing this song like people now sing Bohemian Rhapsody today?"

I couldnt believe my ears. She was daring to even compare this disposable track to Bohemian Rhapsody!!!:eek:

Brian May had more talent in a single pube than the entire MCR members combined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back