Preview NAB Challenge (Round 4): North Melbourne v Hawthorn (Sat. Night at Etihad Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Id leave out Brown, Lindsay and Gibson.

Think Petrie should have been rested after playing both games but seems like he is playing

B: Wright Tippett Thompson
HB: Atley Hansen Mullett
C: Wells Ziebell Dal Santo
HF: Garner Waite Harvey
F: Anderson Petrie Wood
R: Goldy Swallow Cunnington
I: Jacobs Firrito Black McDonald Macmillan Clarke

So, the phoney war in the 'Battle of the Map'. We need a name for the Tassie derby.

He's basically a carbon copy of Jack and Ben.

Can we fit all three in?
I believe Froggy is a much better runner than those 2. Can play inside no doubt, but also has more capacity to link up and run too.
Probably more a dynamic, moving half forward than a pseudo, old fashioned CHF like Jack who hits a pack and can take a mark.
So I wouldn't say carbon copy at all. Perhaps he shares some characteristics with Hanneberry more so? Not comparing them in terms of output though at this stage.

Well I'll be in Albury for this weekends clash- so keep the updates coming and the pre-season-career-ending-commentary :p

Damn you! I was meant to be heading to Albury this weekend. Was going to be my first Board for a while so I'm pretty jealous.
May the wind be down & the water flat:thumbsu:

Last edited:

Think Petrie should have been rested after playing both games but seems like he is playing

Why would you be leaving out Brown? Wouldn't you think he'd need another game under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather have Shannon Watt than Tippett.

There, I said it.

If you're old enough to remember #34 Bill Berry? Did one heck of a job in reeling in the FISH who was biting big time back in the day.

I want to see more of Wood and Black instead.

Ideally Petrie would have rested this game after playing the first 2
Brown needs to play. Started clunking them last week. He will be playing rd 1.

Happy for one of Wood or Black to get a token game. We need to start gearing up for Rd 1 though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From the practice games played so far, our biggest conern is still midfield accountability. I am assuming this will pick up from late last uear once the real stuff starts. This also explains our defense's frailties in that too many mids running into space causing our defense to make decisions whether to leave or stay with their direct opponent.

Campbell Town Cup. Campbell Town is considered the dividing line between North & South Tassie.

I prefer 'King of the Hill'.

The Poisoned Chalice.

If you're old enough to remember #34 Bill Berry? Did one heck of a job in reeling in the FISH who was biting big time back in the day.

Yeah I remember that one. Played full back on Salmon who was killing the comp at the time. '84 was probably our worst year since '72, but it looked like we were gunna knock over one of the years top dogs until Bill gave away a very dubious free for Salmon's only goal for the day to win the game for *.

Why rest Petrie when it takes him like 6-7 games or more to get some form. Picking him to play is a good strategy to get him more ready for round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back