Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

3 points:

3. There is literally no scenario where freo don't match the offer. None. That would catastrophic for the club and fanbase if they just rolled over and let him go for unders. Saints have no bargaining power here. Freo have it all.

TLDR Fyfe will resign anyway IMO but if the scenario arose that he didn't, there is one club with the power, and it's not the Saints like their fans think it is.
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Fyfe, O'Meara. Mitchell & ...... I can just see it now....The new fab 4.:D
Individual players, even the calibre of a Fyfe won't fix Hawthorn's problems. It seems like the only thing that brings Hawthorn back is a few years in the wilderness.

Seriously, Fyfe would be the worst recruitment for Hawthorn. Your club needs to finds its mojo first, before having a crack at any players.

Lol you tell us how he won't look near the Saints yet he'll go to the oldest team in the comp playing the worst footy.

Only One of em has a culture of winning premierships.

We would ask for the lower of your 2 picks this year imo if it were going to be a current and future first round pick.

I wouldn't worry about it....He won't be going there.

Seriously, Fyfe would be the worst recruitment for Hawthorn. Your club needs to finds its mojo first, before having a crack at any players.

Ah yes....Like Dangerfield you mean?

We would ask for the lower of your 2 picks this year imo if it were going to be a current and future first round pick.
oh for sure and thats where the d*#k measuring will come into play.

if the Hawks pick is in the top 3 or 4 Saints will try everything to keep it, maybe a player could be involved to sweeten the deal.

Fyfe, Tucker and a future 2nd. Is what I would do IF Fyfe wanted out. Have heard a bit about Tucker and the saints.

tucker from a saints perspective would be steak knives, in terms of currency, he's worth significantly less than say acres. tucker is probably worth less than say shane savage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yuk.
Even Tuckers mum would say he's not worth that.
And she's very proud of her son.
The difference between your first and our second next year could be very minimal if you get Fyfe. It's more like. Hawks first and St Kildas first for Fyfe. Saints future first for Freos future second plus Tucker. If we finish say 16th that's like pick 20 and Tucker for Pick 15. Fair enough if you don't like it but that's my opinion. All hearsay anyways because a massive deal like this will never happen where 3 first rounders are traded.

tucker from a saints perspective would be steak knives, in terms of currency, he's worth significantly less than say acres. tucker is probably worth less than say shane savage
The difference between your first and our second next year could be very minimal if you get Fyfe. It's more like. Hawks first and St Kildas first for Fyfe. Saints future first for Freos future second plus Tucker. If we finish say 16th that's like pick 20 and Tucker for Pick 15. Fair enough if you don't like it but that's my opinion. All hearsay anyways because a massive deal like this will never happen where 3 first rounders are traded.

get where you're coming from but the problem we have is tucker didnt quite cut it in the champs as a mid and is more suited to the flank, which is a position we already have a number of players who can do that role. rice is one thats coming on in leaps and bounds in that position. tucker from memory was also a late 2nd round selection? i wouldnt say his value has increased much.

if we were to give up say three first rounds:
Pick 5 2017
Pick 11 2017
Pick 15 2018

i think that 3rd first rounder would command something decent in return beyond say a tucker/balic

Isn't there a rule about having to keep a certain amount of first round draft picks or something? (I.e. 2 every 4 years). And the saints have traded their last 2? Not having a dig or anything just not exactly sure how it works...

Isn't there a rule about having to keep a certain amount of first round draft picks or something? (I.e. 2 every 4 years). And the saints have traded their last 2? Not having a dig or anything just not exactly sure how it works...
They still took Gresham as a first rounder so they're fine. Won't happen anyways though mate, will be 1 or 2 picks.

get where you're coming from but the problem we have is tucker didnt quite cut it in the champs as a mid and is more suited to the flank, which is a position we already have a number of players who can do that role. rice is one thats coming on in leaps and bounds in that position. tucker from memory was also a late 2nd round selection? i wouldnt say his value has increased much.

Pick 5 2017
Pick 11 2017
Pick 15 2018

i think that 3rd first rounder would command something decent in return beyond say a tucker/balic
It's hard to value Tucker ATM. Hasn't quite come on this year from a few opportunities, I see Balic as being a better player in the long run. Besides Fyfe he's the one I want signed ASAP. Hard to put a value on any players only a quarter the way through the season.

Pick 5 2017
Pick 11 2017
Pick 15 2018

And yeah Tucker was pick 27 from memory, can't think his value has plummeted either. Still a handy player who had a decent debut season, played 13 games in an albeit largely pathetic Freo line up. But as I said he's one of those who are hard to place value wise.

Ah yes....Like Dangerfield you mean?
Lol at comparing the likely bottom 4 team getting Fyfe to the at-the-time still competitive Geelong getting Dangerfield....plus Lachie Henderson, Zac Smith and Scott Selwood. :D

You guys would be lucky to have the trade currency to get Fyfe, let alone be able to add 3 more additions the equivalent of the other 3 Geelong got with Danger, and you're looking like coming from much further back than they were when they got those 4.

Good point, although we got a first round pick back in 2016 so last year was the first year we didn't have one.

I think the club will have learnt some lessons from the Carlisle trade situation and won't approach future targets in the same way.
Can't see us chasing after Fyfe with anything other than money. If that isn't enough then c'est la vie, move on to the next target. Freo gets to keep their captain, Fyfe gets a big pay rise, Saints keep their warchest for another player and two top ten picks - win, win, win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back