Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Maybe that is why he has had so many problems. An athlete cannot train all year round. He needs to have 2 months complete rest every year. If I was the conditioning guy at St Kilda this is what I would be telling Freeman.

That Harvey guy used to overtrain, no wonder nothing came of him .

he's done a ton of squats and lower body/ core work. ill leave it to Rors for medical work
IMG_9973.JPG

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can remember asking MG a while ago if he was squatting yet.

One of the best exercises for lower back and hamstring strength if done correctly
Squats are very good for development of the posterior chain.. But in Freeman's case I'd say Deadlifts would be a lot more important for him in regard to his hamstrings. His program in the off season would be focusing heavily on both those exercises.

He was always quite large, doesn't mean the hammy won't go

Well the hammy did go.

And thank god for that, or Freezer would've needed a wheelchair just to get around the USA

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is anyone able to copy that article into here, it disappears within a couple of seconds when I click on the page?

Alternatively, what is it saying, has he re-injured it?

Nah he hasn't re injured it, just getting sent up there for some extra work done/maybe some different ideas will help I assume.

Article:
St Kilda’s Nathan Freeman will next week head to a clinic in Germany in an attempt to finally overcome his ongoing hamstring issues.

Freeman will be accompanied by the club’s physiotherapist Andrew Wallis and St Kilda will be hoping that the treatment by a world-renowned soft tissue expert produces success similar to that achieved by Geelong’s Max Rooke.

The Cat was treated in Germany in 2009 and by the end of that season he was part of the premiership team.

Freeman had two injury-riddled years at Collingswood before a surprise move to St Kilda late in 2015. He had not played a game in 2014, and in 2015 played just four games in the Collingwood VFL side before the hamstring issue wiped out the rest of the season.

In 2016 he twice appeared in for St Kilda’s VFL Sandringham early in the year but was again sidelined for much of the season. He returned to the field to have four senior VFL games and two in the Sandringham development team.

Now 21 years old, Freeman was originally drafted by Collingwood from Dingley and Sandringham under-18s with Pick No.10 in the 2013 National Draft.

I really hope the kid gets to play and play at full pace without having to worry all the time . I was glad they got a few games into him at the end of the season for Sandy just for his confidence. He sounds like he's still ready to charge it's just a matter of whether his body will cope. If it does it will have been a brilliant move by the Saints to recruit him . Hoping by mid year he will be pushing for a senior spot , that would be awesome. I think the trip to Germany is to mention the war, lol, no but to see if there is any new training ideas that he could be doing to strengthen his hammys.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back